Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Vote to fix the stun!

https://feedback.killzone.com/forums/228623-feature-additions-and-ideas/suggestions/6151200-return-s... Click the link and give it 3 votes pls the new stun is far too OP and even though it will give the assault 0 abilities it should be banned until it is fixed as it guarantees the win of any gunfight from jerking your weapon in certain directions as well as blinding/slowing you

Re: Vote to fix the stun!

If it affects competitive scrims that badly, then I think it should just be banned in competitive scrims. I do think the stun is annoying, but it shouldn't be changed. The last time the competitive community made an issue about something being "OP," we got nerfs to the voltage and the sickle, which makes them pretty much useless as they currently exist. 

Now, I know someone is going to say that the "sickle and voltage are perfect now." But if that's the case, then why do you rarely see people using them? Short answer: Because they're not as effective, that's why. 

I'll vote. I got hit by it last night and it was just silly. It was fine before, no idea why it was changed.

MartyrsBrigade99 wrote:

If it affects competitive scrims that badly, then I think it should just be banned in competitive scrims. I do think the stun is annoying, but it shouldn't be changed. The last time the competitive community made an issue about something being "OP," we got nerfs to the voltage and the sickle, which makes them pretty much useless as they currently exist. 

Now, I know someone is going to say that the "sickle and voltage are perfect now." But if that's the case, then why do you rarely see people using them? Short answer: Because they're not as effective, that's why. 

The point is that it has been changed with the last patch. It now makes you point your gun in the sky in a 90° angle and you cant move it for like a second. They just need to revert the change. 3 votes from me

I'm not sure what stun should actually be if it does not in fact do what its doing...previously all it did was make your screen a little fuzzy and slightly slow you down, you could still easily kill whoever stunned you....

The lesson is if you see an assault either dodge noob tubes or don't get close (unless you have the sickle maybe)....

But not bothered eitherways, its just moving deckchairs....

The stun will probably end up getting banned in competitive which pretty much makes assault useless besides having better guns. There was really no need to buff it and make your crosshairs jerk up or down, hope it gets changed back.

o0-Siddhartha-0o wrote:

The point is that it has been changed with the last patch. It now makes you point your gun in the sky in a 90° angle and you cant move it for like a second. They just need to revert the change. 3 votes from me

I'm familiar with what it does. It has happened to me on several occaisions. And let me just add that it doesn't ALWAYS disorient your aim. I've used the stun and sometimes it will disorient your aim and other times, it'll just slow you down. The point is, if the stun doesn't disorient you, then what's the point? Why are concussions grenades affective when clearing a room? Because they disorient its targets. Previously, all it did was slow you down, but you could still counter the attacker. The way it currently exists makes it effective. 

As I said, the best solution is to just ban it in competitive scrims because people will just spam the s h i t out of it. But decisions made in scrims shouldn't crossover to the gen population. The sickle was too effective in scrims, they made a big deal about it, and now the sickle is pretty much a s s. They raised an issue with the voltage. Instead of GG just fixing the rate of fire so that it couldn't be manipulated to fully-auto, they pretty much made the voltage useless. I just don't think that "being annoying" is a justification to nerf it.

I'm with brigade on this one.  No need to put the needs of a tiny, tiny minority over the general public.  Just ban the ability and be done with it.

MartyrsBrigade99 wrote:

o0-Siddhartha-0o wrote:

I'm familiar with what it does. It has happened to me on several occaisions. And let me just add that it doesn't ALWAYS disorient your aim. I've used the stun and sometimes it will disorient your aim and other times, it'll just slow you down. The point is, if the stun doesn't disorient you, then what's the point? Why are concussions grenades affective when clearing a room? Because they disorient its targets. Previously, all it did was slow you down, but you could still counter the attacker. The way it currently exists makes it effective. 

As I said, the best solution is to just ban it in competitive scrims because people will just spam the s h i t out of it. But decisions made in scrims shouldn't crossover to the gen population. The sickle was too effective in scrims, they made a big deal about it, and now the sickle is pretty much a s s. They raised an issue with the voltage. Instead of GG just fixing the rate of fire so that it couldn't be manipulated to fully-auto, they pretty much made the voltage useless. I just don't think that "being annoying" is a justification to nerf it.

it certainly is more of an issue in competitive than pub play, but still... The stun blurs your screen, removes the hud, blows up all kinds of stuff. Should be enough lol. If GG decided to make turrets swivel 180°, i'd oppose that too. Point is, no one said the stun blast was UP before patch, yet they changed it for no apparent reason. To make it even noobier i guess

o0-Siddhartha-0o wrote:

MartyrsBrigade99 wrote:

o0-Siddhartha-0o wrote:

it certainly is more of an issue in competitive than pub play, but still... The stun blurs your screen, removes the hud, blows up all kinds of stuff. Should be enough lol. If GG decided to make turrets swivel 180°, i'd oppose that too. Point is, no one said the stun blast was UP before patch, yet they changed it for no apparent reason. To make it even noobier i guess

Lol.....

99.99999% of time I would use boost over stun prior to change......its so much more useful.....

I got stunned a few times recently and I died on some occassions and on others I had enough to get the **bleep** or get away until I could get the **bleep**...before I did not really care about stun.....

But I trust GG and their view of all the data to make changes and if people don't like the changes, tough, play a custom WZ without it on...(clan matches...)