Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Open Weekend Competition prize status

[ Edited ]

Well, after what seemed to be an eternity, my prize has arrived! 

Pics here:

http://imgur.com/eaB8hJ3

http://imgur.com/Nig33eg

Let me say this; I was extremely grateful, anxious and proud to be one of the 20 that recieved a special prize. However, I did not expect a MooMoo sized shirt, with 2 small Guerrilla branding spots on an otherwise dark green blank canvas. I know that I sound like a spoiled little c*nt, but please hear me out. I love Guerrilla Games, and the Killzone Franchise. I really believe that Killzone Shadow Fall is the best SP, and MP in the whole franchise. Everything about KZ2's MP and the Original KZ SP I found in this game and truly enjoy it immensely. Guerrilla has a great record of supporting the games they make, and I still feel that way as of this moment. With that being said... this prize is half-assed and completely innapropriate. Some on here feel that the Clans recieved better prizes, and I wont disagree. However, thats not my measuring stick for the Open Weekend Comp prizes. My measuring stick is the amount of time, skill, and luck needed to compete in this Competition, and the fact that the whole competition was pimped extremely hard by Sony, and Guerrilla.  I have been very reclusive this past month with KZSF and it actually saddens me that the community is the way it is now. I feel like the idea of competitive competitions for the KZ franchise are an EXCELLENT idea, however, the execution has just been horrible. 

I would drop everything I was doing and jump on the next plane to Guerrilla HQ if they needed someone with a college degree, a passion for games, and an ear to the streets for gamers, but it seems like someone in the PR/HR, or whomever is in charge of the prizes/organization of these competitons, just has rested on his/her laurels. Its very dissapointing.

The whole idea of this post is to not call anyone out, or be negative, but to constructively critique the execution of the Open Weekend: Competition. I hope this didnt come off as arrogant, or spoiled. 

In the end, I'd like to thank everyone involved in the Open Weekend Competition, I had a stressful, tedioius, yet AWESOME time playing in the OW:C and still remember all the fun I had and the great players I met, and honestly that is a plus for me, prize or no prize. 

nades_all_night wrote:

Well, after what seemed to be an eternity, my prize has arrived! 

Pics here:

http://imgur.com/eaB8hJ3

http://imgur.com/Nig33eg

Let me say this; I was extremely grateful, anxious and proud to be one of the 20 that recieved a special prize. However, I did not expect a MooMoo sized shirt, with 2 small Guerrilla branding spots on an otherwise dark green blank canvas. I know that I sound like a spoiled little c*nt, but please hear me out. I love Guerrilla Games, and the Killzone Franchise. I really believe that Killzone Shadow Fall is the best SP, and MP in the whole franchise. Everything about KZ2's MP and the Original KZ SP I found in this game and truly enjoy it immensely. Guerrilla has a great record of supporting the games they make, and I still feel that way as of this moment. With that being said... this prize is half-assed and completely innapropriate. Some on here feel that the Clans recieved better prizes, and I wont disagree. However, thats not my measuring stick for the Open Weekend Comp prizes. My measuring stick is the amount of time, skill, and luck needed to compete in this Competition, and the fact that the whole competition was pimped extremely hard by Sony, and Guerrilla.  I have been very reclusive this past month with KZSF and it actually saddens me that the community is the way it is now. I feel like the idea of competitive competitions for the KZ franchise are an EXCELLENT idea, however, the execution has just been horrible. 

Smiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated Smiley Indifferent

anywayz, the shirt look good for playing on winter days, if you got cold hands its hard to play, this can cover all your body up Heart

Lol they messed everyone's size up even furthering my point that these were an unused box of company t-shirts and not a real prize

Gallagher129 wrote:
Lol they messed everyone's size up even furthering my point that these were an unused box of company t-shirts and not a real prize

Question. Did they ask you for your size? I thought all gaming tops came in XXXL

They asked us what size

LOL they really messed this up then. I feel sorry for you guys. Even some crappy exclusive victory move at a minimum only for the winners here would have made most people happy. 

Ok so we get it you are disappointed with the shirts that's totally great.

What's the status on the DLC codes GG? Can we know what we're getting yet?

Ok so we get it you are disappointed with not having your dlc codes that's totally great.

What's the status on fixing the really bad tshirts GG? Can we know what we're getting yet?

Yea, the same DLC the other 80 people (as well as top 20) are getting. The main part of the competition that was advertised in the first place, not the "something extra" for top 20.

If you're gonna attempt to use an ad hominem at least learn to use it well.

Also I'm not going to whine about what I get when I get it. This DLC is still in the dark for everyone, so everyone actually has a reason to question GG about it.

[ Edited ]

A Killzone T-shirt what a nice (special) prize for playing about 5 days straight.... (sarcasm)

I only finished at spot 82 and i have to say it was a lot of fun. I expected the DLC voucher code soon after the open weekend competition closed. But now 3 months later all players are still waiting.... probably stopped playing KZ SF like me.

I'm from the Netherlands and a little less proud, a little more disappointed in GG.