Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Killzone Shadow Fall 1.5 Patch Notes

Hey jorrit,
 Thank you for the reply and the statistics. Yes, maybe Dallas would be a better option. Not sure why your data is showing sub 200 ms as i recollect getting more than 200, i'll check my videos but thats ok.

The second match i played was where i faced more lag - i think i got placed in the US east coast.

I think here 2 players were from US and another was from Europe besides me(against Ekko clan perhaps). There was one occasion of  rubberbanding in this game. I also could not join the game normally at the start and i had to "join" on my clan mate so i was in perhaps a minute late...

I hope your server choice is an ongoing piece of code. Another thing that would help is if you have some more servers around the world atleast for clan matches. Not sure how financially feasible it is.

Could you also check where the server would be in a 2v2 -
1) if all three are from London and 1 in India?
2) 2 UK vs 2 Japan.

Thanks for your time.

so i don't get a reply GG? haters

Cat LOL

[ Edited ]

The ability to do online botzone with progression is a great addition for me. 

The only issue is that you can't do private matches as enabling a code turns off progression.

That said it's one step closer to the perfect game for me, as I find it relaxing and fun to play against AI.

Best regrads,

Plowboy 

Hey Jorrit,

You would definitely need to go with Standard deviation as current lowest total ping logic would not work.

If you guys at GG really want to make clan matches a success (as there is a lot of potential) - you will need to add atleast 2-3 servers around the world for server clan matches, not for pubs. This will reduce the average ping of all gamers in a clan match. (consider - Dubai, Singapore, Istanbul, Frankfurt, etc)

I hope the standard deviation algorithm is a server side fix....

Cheers.

[ Edited ]

yea GG - every clan match i have played even after that is with no bars with 180 - 250 ms ping.

You need to add servers and change the region logic to standard deviation immediately.

Do you plan to solve this - Yes/No. If not, i dont want to waste further time on this game!!!!

sjorrit wrote:

hsotnas80 wrote:

server choice is TRASH.Your algorith doesnt work.

i am not sure how you guys decide on the server - first game(2v2): it was UK server 250ms ping(no bars) and the second game(2v2) it was US East Coast(200ms+ ping-no bars.), I am in Asia.

The second game was lag all over.

How did your calculation give me almost the two most distant servers. i thought all players in the game would have equal opportunity. There were players running on their host while others had 2 or no bars.

You dont choose the server properly nor do you add servers in Asia for clan matches. Your algorith for server choice is discriminatory in nature against Asians.

Hello,

I looked at the first game you played and I believe the system is working as intended, this is the average ping that we recorded for every player in that game:

table.png

You were matched in the UK which gives the lowest total ping (which is our current logic). You can argue that that is not the most fair match, if you look at the standard deviation then Dallas gives the lowest value but what if for example Sydney would have given the lowest standard deviation (I doubt that that would make you happy). I'll give it some more thought.

Jorrit.

GG - What are u guys doing.

First of all no one is playing clan matches right now.. We keep searching for 4v4 - we dont get anyone. You have a higher chance of getting a clan match in kz3 than a 4v4 in sfall.

When we play 2v2 - 80% of the games are laggy. You have guys from latin america skipping all over the place. If they are not skipping, they are busy one bulleting you to death.

People have posted vids of this - yet we still see them around.

Also like i mentioned earlier - your current logic above - favours one team so much. Its wrong. We havent heard back from u guys about this. I keep playing in UK server or US east coas servers with 200 - 250+ pings.

You are discouraging the few players left playing your clan matches by not fixing this cr*p.

Just dont make clan matches if you cannot make it a fair game.

Fantastic Update! Thankx GG

sjorrit wrote:

hsotnas80 wrote:

server choice is TRASH.Your algorith doesnt work.

i am not sure how you guys decide on the server - first game(2v2): it was UK server 250ms ping(no bars) and the second game(2v2) it was US East Coast(200ms+ ping-no bars.), I am in Asia.

The second game was lag all over.

How did your calculation give me almost the two most distant servers. i thought all players in the game would have equal opportunity. There were players running on their host while others had 2 or no bars.

You dont choose the server properly nor do you add servers in Asia for clan matches. Your algorith for server choice is discriminatory in nature against Asians.

Hello,

I looked at the first game you played and I believe the system is working as intended, this is the average ping that we recorded for every player in that game:

table.png

You were matched in the UK which gives the lowest total ping (which is our current logic). You can argue that that is not the most fair match, if you look at the standard deviation then Dallas gives the lowest value but what if for example Sydney would have given the lowest standard deviation (I doubt that that would make you happy). I'll give it some more thought.

Jorrit.

What happened to this reply GG? Is the standard deviation change going to be implemented?

I don't think your going to get a reply. Between the horrible lag, and fps drops I think
it's clear for all to see that they take very little pride in their work.