Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Team

Re: Killzone Shadow Fall 1.5 Patch Notes

Hey guys,

We are fixing the issue with the clan leaderboards. 

As we know you are experiencing the problem after you are switching a new clan. Where your wins are counting towards your wins, but the wins of the previous clan you fought are working towards your losses.

We are fixing that right now.

This naturally doesn’t solve your leaderboard issues. We will recalculate those and that should be fixed this week.

It could be however that you are experiencing some menu issues where the in-game scoreboard and the end of the round screen will feature the wrong clan name. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

On that note we are also looking into creating new warzones for the clans with the competitive rules.

Cheers,

Jeroen

What about network errors? I have been kicked from 2 or 3 clan matches and because of it we took some losses. Please look into it. Just got kicked a couple hours ago and i couldn't join back it. It was the game before the last one i just played

Cat LOL

sjackson12 wrote:

I tried botzone but it still says "No challenges are unlocked or statistics saved when playing Botzone."

Were you playing online?

Yo, what the hell is this challenge thing up ALL THE TIME for. Take that ish off my game screen. I have no idea why you guys don't let us do more customization or at least transparency with the HUD. I really cannot believe how you think it is okay to have that giant square up in the right. It's obnoxious.

Guerrilla Games - Developer

hsotnas80 wrote:

server choice is TRASH.Your algorith doesnt work.

i am not sure how you guys decide on the server - first game(2v2): it was UK server 250ms ping(no bars) and the second game(2v2) it was US East Coast(200ms+ ping-no bars.), I am in Asia.

The second game was lag all over.

How did your calculation give me almost the two most distant servers. i thought all players in the game would have equal opportunity. There were players running on their host while others had 2 or no bars.

You dont choose the server properly nor do you add servers in Asia for clan matches. Your algorith for server choice is discriminatory in nature against Asians.

Hello,

I looked at the first game you played and I believe the system is working as intended, this is the average ping that we recorded for every player in that game:

table.png

You were matched in the UK which gives the lowest total ping (which is our current logic). You can argue that that is not the most fair match, if you look at the standard deviation then Dallas gives the lowest value but what if for example Sydney would have given the lowest standard deviation (I doubt that that would make you happy). I'll give it some more thought.

Jorrit.

Wouldn't it make more sense in a clan match to have the lowest ping, within a certain range between the two teams. Both players on one team had <50 ping, while the other team had 100 and 200ms.

That puts one team a few bullets behind in every gun battle, so it should be more evenly spaced lag between the two teams.

Would it be possible to make the competitive cms 5v5 as it works a lot better than 4v4 especially when there is no bots on the maps.?  4v4 just feels a bit empty.

[ Edited ]

sjorrit wrote:

hsotnas80 wrote:

i am not sure how you guys decide on the server - first game(2v2): it was UK server 250ms ping(no bars) and the second game(2v2) it was US East Coast(200ms+ ping-no bars.), I am in Asia.

How did your calculation give me almost the two most distant servers. i thought all players in the game would have equal opportunity. There were players running on their host while others had 2 or no bars.

You dont choose the server properly nor do you add servers in Asia for clan matches. Your algorith for server choice is discriminatory in nature against Asians.

Hello,

I looked at the first game you played and I believe the system is working as intended, this is the average ping that we recorded for every player in that game:

table.png

You were matched in the UK which gives the lowest total ping (which is our current logic). You can argue that that is not the most fair match, if you look at the standard deviation then Dallas gives the lowest value but what if for example Sydney would have given the lowest standard deviation (I doubt that that would make you happy). I'll give it some more thought.

Jorrit.

Fascinating stuff....but punch and virus would have to be sedated or stoned to not take advantage of around 150ms difference...unless you have something balancing that Nas might as well just paint a target on himself...lol...

Appreciate the openess of all this, it would be to much I expect to ask for server choice in competitive games to be available, so a server that is balanced for all could be selected...as you are basically screwed if you play in another country....

swirve wrote:

sjorrit wrote:

hsotnas80 wrote:

Hello,

table.png

Jorrit.

Fascinating stuff....but punch and virus would have to be sedated or stoned to not take advantage of around 150ms difference...unless you have something balancing that Nas might as well just paint a target on himself...lol...

Appreciate the openess of all this, it would be to much I expect to ask for server choice in competitive games to be available, so a server that is balanced for all could be selected...as you are basically screwed if you play in another country....

BTS got smashed last night by playing on a US East Server, it was amazing as we were playing the objectives keeping an eye out on the mini map and from nowhere they would melee us and they were not playing scout. We found players popping up all over the place and they were never there. It was abysmal, we back out, apologised to the other team for quitting but really there was no point in playing. I hope it is a bit fairer in the future for Asian and Australian clans otherwise I can't see them playing the clan wars much.

I'm really impressed that Jorrit shared this information with us. This is why Guerilla are my favorite devs. They truly are a shining example of what game makers should strive to be like.

That said, I think lowest standard deviation should be the choice, as otherwise it would inevitably give one team an advantage unless they were all located in the same country.