Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Killzone Clan Tournament

swirve wrote:
 and some clans strengths lay in bots as opposed to gun skills.....

So their strength is not theirs but A.I.? Tapping 2 buttons isn't hard in itself lol

Anyways, i get what you're saying and i'm staying neutral on this matter. 

What Swirvey Boy said is TRUE.

[ Edited ]

If the same settings for the bots are used as the WC then everything should be fine. In all the games Ireland played in it the bots were barely that noticeable and the pulver missile lock-on timer being shortened made it impossible for teams to swarm the map with them. This would probably be the best solution to reach a compromise between the competitive clans and pub clans. Ofcourse personally i'd prefer a competitive ruleset but if this one means it will pull more numbers in then i'll hop on board.

eventhough i despise bots and air support......i would want them based on the settings Jeroen said above for the sheer fact that most of these clans asking for "no bots" wont be seen on shadowfall clan matches in 1-2 months.

GG- Do you want to cater to 2/3 clans who have come back to shadowfall just for the tournie/ initial clan leaderboards & will disappear shortly after that???lol

hsotnas80 wrote:

eventhough i despise bots and air support......i would want them based on the settings Jeroen said above for the sheer fact that most of these clans asking for "no bots" wont be seen on shadowfall clan matches in 1-2 months.

GG- Do you want to cater to 2/3 clans who have come back to shadowfall just for the tournie/ initial clan leaderboards & will disappear shortly after that???lol

all the clans who asked for no bots have been playing for the pas 9 months so ya you have no idea what you are talking about 

i have seen some go off radar, i am seeing some getting back now.

How many months can we expect your clan to be playing Sfall clan matches?

UiP will play

We prefer 4v4 competitive ruleset

TouchMyW00KlE wrote:
I agree with pwnage as well. We have both played in enough competitive tournaments to know what elements of a game take the most skill. It should be standard at 5v5. This fits the map size perfectly and showcases more of a clans depth. Air bots and turrets should be taken out completely. The ability to spam them no matter how toned down they are just ruins half the maps. The map list is good except i would add cruiser/spire/station and remove hangar/stormgracht. The latter two just dont play competitively as well. Lots of teams already signed up lets get this baby rollin ASAP.

Hold your horses, not everyone visits the forums, there might be more clans that don’t know about it wanting to participate, let the word spread for a while. Personally, I know several people that decided not to play the game more until there is a CM system, there won’t probably be another official tournament any time soon after this one, so this tournament needs as many clans as possible, this must be big, the delayed CM system already hurt the game enough. The tournament should only close applications at least 1 week after the patch is in the game where everyone can see it, and there should be some advertising inside the game, even if just a small description in the Latest News area.
And can you please explain to us why is Stormgratch not competitive even if there is no bots?  

About the bots and all the other settings I think it’s fair to ask for a compromise between both parties since it’s a tournament for everybody, and leave the extreme preferences to the singular clan matches where everyone can have their way.
And I agree with what has been said here, the ones that are not open to concession are not concerned with the health of the CM scene in the long run.

playlopo wrote:

TouchMyW00KlE wrote:
I agree with pwnage as well. We have both played in enough competitive tournaments to know what elements of a game take the most skill. It should be standard at 5v5. This fits the map size perfectly and showcases more of a clans depth. Air bots and turrets should be taken out completely. The ability to spam them no matter how toned down they are just ruins half the maps. The map list is good except i would add cruiser/spire/station and remove hangar/stormgracht. The latter two just dont play competitively as well. Lots of teams already signed up lets get this baby rollin ASAP.

Hold your horses, not everyone visits the forums, there might be more clans that don’t know about it wanting to participate, let the word spread for a while. Personally, I know several people that decided not to play the game more until there is a CM system, there won’t probably be another official tournament any time soon after this one, so this tournament needs as many clans as possible, this must be big, the delayed CM system already hurt the game enough. The tournament should only close applications at least 1 week after the patch is in the game where everyone can see it, and there should be some advertising inside the game, even if just a small description in the Latest News area.
And can you please explain to us why is Stormgratch not competitive even if there is no bots?  

About the bots and all the other settings I think it’s fair to ask for a compromise between both parties since it’s a tournament for everybody, and leave the extreme preferences to the singular clan matches where everyone can have their way.
And I agree with what has been said here, the ones that are not open to concession are not concerned with the health of the CM scene in the long run.

what does the tournament have to do with anything for CMs.... its a tournament comepletely set apart from Cms....

Sign NeGx up. Suggestion on prizes? Something huge, get Sony and MLG to sponsor. Smiley Very Happy Rules seemed good in the first post, although competitive rules are cool too. Don't have a favorite. Good luck to all the clans.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free month of Gamefly! - http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/1zh1fl
My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/PSNmrdurant35