Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Team

How to install the new free DLC maps

[ Edited ]

Install the full game, including single player component

If you do not own Killzone Shadow Fall yet and wish to sample the free new multiplayer maps during the open week trial, make sure to download the entireopen week trial client, including the single player component. The new maps re-use certain assets from the single-player component and will not be playable without it.

Download the maps using a PSN account that matches the region of your game

On the PlayStation 4, downloadable content (DLC) is region-specific. It will only work with a copy of the game matching the region of the DLC. For example: if you own a US copy of Killzone Shadow Fall, it will only work with US DLC.

Furthermore, the region of a PSN account determines which PlayStation Store can be accessed. With a US PSN account you can access the US PlayStation Store and buy US-region DLC; with a UK PSN account you can access the UK PlayStation Store and buy UK-region DLC; and so on.

Occasionally, confusion arises when a player with a PSN account from region A purchases a game from region B (for instance, by importing it) and then tries to add DLC obtained from the PlayStation Store in region A. The game itself will run, but any DLC the player downloads from their local PlayStation Store will be from a different region than the game, and consequently fail to work.

When downloading DLC, please make sure you do so with a PSN account that matches the region of your copy of the game. To identify the region of your copy of the game, you can check the code on the spine of the box. Below is a list of region codes for Killzone Shadow Fall:

• CUSA-00002: Europe
  • CUSA-00008: UK
  • CUSA-00065: Asia
  • CUSA-00085: Japan
  • CUSA-00190: US
  • CUSA-00191: Latin America

Once you have downloaded the DLC to your PlayStation 4 console, you can play it from any PSN account on the same console – even PSN accounts that do not match the region of your game or your DLC.

Re: How to install the new free DLC maps

How do I tell whether my PS4 has downloaded the whole single player component of the open week client? I'm pretty sure that has happened long ago (I have fast connection), because I downloaded the MP portion last week as soon as you announced the open week access, so I would assume all 40 gigs have downloaded in the background since then.

Yet, the client won't recognize that I've downloaded and installed the map pack yesterday. I downloaded both the client and the map pack using the same PSN account (Danish).

Ok, my disc is Latin American region and I have an US psn account (reason i couldn't install the map pack).

So, I made a new Latin American psn account, downloaded and installed the map pack, but I can't play the maps on my primary account (US) just on the new one (Latin American).

What have I missed? 

lescal wrote:

Ok, my disc is Latin American region and I have an US psn account (reason i couldn't install the map pack).

So, I made a new Latin American psn account, downloaded and installed the map pack, but I can't play the maps on my primary account (US) just on the new one (Latin American).

What have I missed? 

My English isn't really good, but I'll try to help you.

Try:
1- Setting your PS4 as your primary system with your Latin American account. Read here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5059/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-primary-ps...
2- If 1 doesn't work, you need to purchase PS+ on your Latin Amarican account. You don't renew PS+ on your USA account when your subscription expires, because you need only 1 primary account with PS+ for play online with every account on your PS4.

I've:
1- EU disc.
2- 1 EU primary account with PS+, some EU accounts (primary account: deactivated), 1 USA account (primary account: deactivated), 1 JAP account (primary account: deactivated).
3- DLC downloaded from EU store with EU primary account with PS+ and installed on the same account.

Now I can play the 2 new maps with every account on my PS4, JAP and USA too. FYI you can activate or deactivate "primary account" on every account on your console, but don't deactivate this option on the account with PS+.

Anyway ASAP I'll test this Map Pack with an American Latin account and I'll let you know if it works.

Volkovstein wrote:

lescal wrote:

What have I missed? 

My English isn't really good, but I'll try to help you.

Try:
1- Setting your PS4 as your primary system with your Latin American account. Read here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5059/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-primary-ps...
2- If 1 doesn't work, you need to purchase PS+ on your Latin Amarican account. You don't renew PS+ on your USA account when your subscription expires, because you need only 1 primary account with PS+ for play online with every account on your PS4.

I've:
1- EU disc.
2- 1 EU primary account with PS+, some EU accounts (primary account: deactivated), 1 USA account (primary account: deactivated), 1 JAP account (primary account: deactivated).
3- DLC downloaded from EU store with EU primary account with PS+ and installed on the same account.

Now I can play the 2 new maps with every account on my PS4, JAP and USA too. FYI you can activate or deactivate "primary account" on every account on your console, but don't deactivate this option on the account with PS+.

Anyway ASAP I'll test this Map Pack with an American Latin account and I'll let you know if it works.

OK, my Argentinian account works good with the DLC downloaded with EU account from EU store with EU disc. I think you need PS+ on your Latin American account, but firstly try with point 1 of my previous message. Anyway your PS Store is a good S H I T like EU ;D

I'm in Asia (Singapore but my psn account is in hong kong)
I bought killzone with the console at launch, on my box there is a different code and not the one in your post.

in the asian psn store there is not any additional map .... just skin, voice and season pass........

so no free map pack for Asia ?

I have SF on a disc and I have downloaded the new maps but they won't install.

I've had the same issue with some DLC as well. On the main menu, if I click Killzone > Related Items, it says I have 2 add-ons (the season pass add-ons), but if I go to Library > Killzone > Related Items, it says I have 5 add-ons.

The 3 additional add-ons that won't install are the map pack, the zebra skin, and the delftware skin.

Any help solving this, as it says "download complete" on each item (when in the Library), but I can't see a way to install them, and if I view Notifications > Downloads, the map pack says "waiting to install". I have turned my PS4 off (not just standby) and that didn't work...

Is this a known problem? Is there any solution?

Bjarno86 wrote:

How do I tell whether my PS4 has downloaded the whole single player component of the open week client? I'm pretty sure that has happened long ago (I have fast connection), because I downloaded the MP portion last week as soon as you announced the open week access, so I would assume all 40 gigs have downloaded in the background since then.

Yet, the client won't recognize that I've downloaded and installed the map pack yesterday. I downloaded both the client and the map pack using the same PSN account (Danish).

Just wanted to say that I deleted the client and re-downloaded it all over again, but this time in the store I chose to download the single player first, even though I can't play it.

This fixed it for me and I can play the new maps now, so something is not downloading as it should if you choose to download MP first.

Guerrilla Games - Developer

Okay, I did some digging and apparently, you can create a new psn account for the region your disc is in to match the regions. Once you have the DLC downloaded onto your machine using that account you can switch back to your main account and the DLC will be accessible since it is licensed on that system as long as the purchasing account is still on the machine. 

We are working on a more structural solution w/ Sony, though this will take considerable time.

dentistboy wrote:

Okay, I did some digging and apparently, you can create a new psn account for the region your disc is in to match the regions. Once you have the DLC downloaded onto your machine using that account you can switch back to your main account and the DLC will be accessible since it is licensed on that system as long as the purchasing account is still on the machine. 

We are working on a more structural solution w/ Sony, though this will take considerable time.

But that doesn't work for content that I've already paid for on my main account. The skins I have can't be downloaded again - only the free things (i.e. the map pack). So how will this work with my season pass???

Is there a way to exchange my EU disc for a UK disc in that case? I knew I should have just bought the game from the store, but wanted the disc to add to my KZ collection. Disappointed Smiley Sad