Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Help us add control schemes to Killzone Shadow Fall

As a lefty, all I'd like to see is the option to switch ADS to R2 and fire to L2, keeping everything else the same.

thanks guerrilla's for the latest patch/update allowing us southpaw gamers to get amongst it. only owning my ps4 for week means i havent had to wait long to fire up Shadow fall. Getting right into the campaign at the mo,prior to getting online,meeting lots of Helgan & killing em all. 

Keep up the good work

I just want the run button on L2. I shoot with L1/R1.  L3 is too hard to press, especially when the stick is at some angle, and running is such a crucial part of the game. 

So, make one with running on L2 please. 

Thank you. 

I have a bright idea. How about adding kz2&3's default scheme back in the game. Problem solved. Next.

^This guys a genius

[ Edited ]

I jut would like to address 14, and down on D-pad. I will explain:

14: As an emergency button for some abilities, it shouldn't require the player to use the left thumb, stop moving, to use it. L1 (button 4) is a beter option as our index fingers are always there. So, 14 (secondary ability) should be in 4 (secondary fire).

4: Now, secondary fire should be on DOWN on D-pad. Because we need to place it somewhere and all the others are fine as it is. Besides, it follows the single player scheme (a natural transition to MP). At the top of that, L1,L2,R1,R2 are "fast buttons" that we need to use on reflex. Secondary fire mode takes time to activate and you are not using it in battle. The secondary ability, some like teleport or stun blast, are really more urgent and you can use while running (1+7).

At te current layout, we are forced to stop pressing 1(+7 (walk/run)) to press 14 (right on D-pad (secondary ability)).

Although 14, then, will not follow the single player scheme, it is needed in the MP, justified by a urgency of use.

Summarizing: Place 14 on 4. Then 4 on DOWN. Reasons are explained above.

---

I have a suggestion: When in secondary fire mode, after a shot it auto-reloads. We should have the option to change to primary fire OR reload (with square, by will). For example, I shoot 1 spider, and I want to quickly change to my primary (L1 now) or secondary weapon (triangle). The game is locking me on the reload animation. It makes sense to auto reload, but I could cut the animation and not reload when changing to primary fire. When changing to secondary again, then it could auto-reload again.

^THIS! THIS! THIS

I cannot stress how annoying that is. There are times where I am using the keyzer or rumbler and want to switch to the under barrel shotgun after I've ran out of bullets but NO, forced to auto reload... give us an option or something to disable that. Same thing goes for all attachments, I agree with everything @RAF--EL says. I wanted to create a new thread about this but you summed it up perfectly.

So when can we expect to have these control schemes patched in?

Thnx
Guerrilla Games - Developer

Thanks all for your suggestions. We're currently looking at the range of schemes and will patch those in in the near future (though probably not the immediate next patch)

I just would like the option to change the controls for melee and crouch. As it stands, crouch is a useless control as circle. It is more natural on the sticks with all other body movement like moving, turning and running.