Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Help us add control schemes to Killzone Shadow Fall

SamuraiJames wrote:

Hi i am a handicapped gamer with a great need for fully customizable controls. My hands cant properly reach the triggers so i usually put aiming on l3 and primary fire on square. Please make fully custom controls so i may consider purchasing your game. To clarify what im looking for, check out skyrim, borderlands 2, warframe, all have fully customizable controls.

gg do this

Swap 4 and 13 around.

Honestly, I'd be happy if I could just switch melee and crouch.

Thanks!

In the single player game I believe secondary weapon fire is the down arrow... could we have that as an option for multiplayer?

Since I use the top triggers to fire, hitting the lower left trigger for rocket/mine is not instinctive to me.

Of course fully customizable controls would be best. Thanks.

I thought that the SP controls were excellent. MP should be consistent with that.

Re: Help us add control schemes taaao Killzone Shadow Fall

I myself am very happy with the default controls to stay as they are . In the old games I preferred the deliberateness of pressing R3 to aim down sights but Shadow fall is a much quicker game so it's best kept as L2. The only change I would hope for is the addition to choose to use swipes (left, right ) on the touch-pad to use a class's item and abilities in multi-player instead of the D-pad. This is down to issues like being the the middle of a fire fight and having to take my thumb off the movement stick in order to revive my friends making me a much easier target. Another example is turning a corner to fight a group as assault and then having to take my thumb off the movement stick in order to stun blast the enemy and then being killed before I can start moving again. These aren’t major issues but with the ability to swipe already being such an important part of the single-player it would be great to also use them in the multi-player.

I think i speak for a majority of people who used the alternate control scheme from part KZ titles. Such as 'Alternate 2' from KZ2 and 'Alternate' from KZ3. Classic satisfies most of our needs, however there is the issue of crouch being mapped to circle instead of L2.

I think using the classic control scheme as a blueprint, GG should move 'secondary fire' to UP on the D-Pad. Then move 'crouch/action' to L2.

And to further my suggestion if possible as it may be extra hassle, but i am not too fussed about. Is to split Crouch and action, then keep action at circle while crouch stays on L2.

Done. I really do think this will satisfy all the alternate fans from your previous KZ titles. 

[ Edited ]

Legacy stick layout 

Stick 1 (left stick) = move & turn

Stick 2 (right stick) = look & strafe

All you are doing is flipping the x-axis and keeping the y-axis.

I just want Move support added in.

Just had a fun few matches on KZ3

[ Edited ]

First - THANK YOU for bringiing up this topic. Input is key to the user experience, so I am glad to see this is important to GC.

Second - [my contextual input] I've played Killzone since the original on PS2. It was a great game, great production and art, but I remember it being very "clunky", the movement, the swaying, added realism, but detracted from the game experience. Really, if we wanted pure realism, we can all go to the firing range or paintball, so I think games should find a good balance between input mechanics and usability.

8+ years later, I'm back on Killzone SF for the PS4, and glad to see most of the clunkiness of the game has been fixed, but controls are not quite smooth yet. The solution? Look to other massively succesful shooters. Call of Duty & Halo come to mind [please don't flame me Smiley Tongue]. They're succesfull and massively played for a reason. Primarirly for playability and controls, at least for me. I don't mean to cheapen Killzone, but if you the input scheme was adjusted, you could instantly appeal to so many more players. // OK end rant.

Here's my control scheme suggestion... It's simple. Switch Crouch and Melee! I hate clicking R3 for melee! Let me press O to smash someone! Clicking R3 is not satisfying, it is incredibly odd, and its just downright awkward. I play a lot of shooters, say 4 different titles. If Killzone is the outlier and has a different control scheme, guess what? It's the one I will be least familiar with, and will be the one I play the least! I also play a lot of fighting games. See Tekken for example. If I press a button to punch and smash someone in the face, I would want to do the same in a shooter! It's that simple! PLEASE implement a scheme where circle can be used for melee, and I promise to buy up all your DLC packs!

Appeal to the masses! 

http://http://s29.postimg.org/p6vq9c7nb/COD_tactical_button_layout.jpg

Thanks!