10: crouch/use

11: switch weapon

12: reload
15 Scoreboard:  

Re: Help us add control schemes to Killzone Shadow Fall

Swap L1 / R1.

Simple.

1) Is it possible to have a shoulder swap toggle where L1 swaps functions L2; and R1 swaps functions with R2? Reason for this is that there is currently no 'shoulder swapped' version of community scheme # 1 (i.e. where L1 is ADS and R1 is fire)! The only shoulder swapped control scheme is 'Classic' but that scheme doesn't have right stick click to crouch and Circle melee Smiley Sad.

2) Can the tactical map be assigned to an unused button (like the up and down d-pad buttons). Reason for this is that current implementation is cumbersome (press touch pad, then tab to it with R1/L1). If it was more accessible I think players would use it more often and promote more tactical play within the community.

3) My suggested Control schemes:

'Long Reach' control scheme

* R1 or R2: Primary fire

* R2 or R1: Melee (having melee on a trigger allows for easier melee while turning)

* R3: Crouch

* L1 or L2: ADS

* L2 or L1: Grenade

* L3: Sprint

* Triangle: Switch weapons

* Square: Reload

* Cross: Jump / Climb

* Circle: Use

* D-pad UP: Tactical map

* D-pad LEFT: Secondary ability

* D-pad DOWN: Secondary fire toggle

* D-pad RIGHT: Primary ability

* Touch Pad: Score board

"Stick man" control scheme

* R1 or R2: Primary fire

* R2 or R1: Melee

* R3: ADS (toggle)

* L1 or L2: Sprint

* L2 or L1: Grenade

* L3: Crouch

* Triangle: Switch weapon

* Square: Reload

* Cross: Jump / Climb

* Circle: Use

* D-pad UP: Tactical map

* D-pad LEFT: Secondary map

* D-pad DOWN: Secondary fire toggle

* D-pad RIGHT: Primary ability

* Touch Pad: Score board

4) Is it possible to allow sensitivity adjustments in increments of 1% rather than 10%? Additionally, is it possible to add seperate sensitivity settings for Hipfire and ADS. Reason for this is that sensitivities often have a trade-off between faster turning speed and long-range ADS precision when grouped together, but if they were seperate players could have better control over their ADS behaviour (i.e. have a slight reduction in sensitivity while ADS to allow for more precise aiming).

Having Circle for Grenade would prevent effective aiming while cooking it. I would suggest swapping the Weapon attachment and Grenade buttons in your layout.   

Having read through the posts I see a pattern, so thought I'd post it.

Most requests for different schemes seek to shift abilities that require precision control with aiming or moving to the triggers/buttons/sticks, as these don't require the player to remove their thumb from the sticks.

These crucial/precise abilities are: Crouch, Sprint, Melee, Grenade, Primary Fire, Aim Down Sight, Secondary Fire toggle.

So that's Seven abilties! This is problematic as the controller has only Six inputs that don't require players' to remove their thumbs from the sticks ( 2 bumpers, 2 triggers, 2 stick click inputs).

Consequently, if we take these six controller inputs we can make a heirachy from most precise to least precise:

Teir 1: L1, L2, R1, and R2 (players can press these buttons while smoothly moving the sticks)

Teir 2: L3 and R3: (players' don't need to move their thumbs; but they cannot click while moving the sticks).

Teir 3: Face / D-Pad / Touch pad: (players have to remove their thumb to make an input, least precise.)

So depending upon the player's preference, all suggested schemes will attempt to reshuffle these seven abilities according to their frequency of use and presicion required per use upon this teir based heirarchy of precise inputs.

Consequently most requests will seek to relegate the following abilities to the according teir buttons.

Primary fire: Tier 1

Grenade: Teir 1

ADS: Teir 1 or 2

Sprint: Teir 1 or 2

Melee: Teir 1 or 2 or 3

Crouch: Teir 1 or 2 or 3

Secondary fire: Teir 1 or 3

TooLVolta wrote:

Can you guys think about adding a mute all button for online at the menue screen

Press 'touch pad' then 'triangle' while in game

Or did you mean a game option to automatically do this for all matches?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

While this isn't about control schemes persay I do find this to be a useability issue which is related to controls: non-grenade explosive deployment.

Presently, the current input path looks like this:

(Press 'throw explosive' to Equip)

(Press 'primary fire' to Deploy ) OR ( Press 'switch weapons' to Cancel )

[ The following is for C4 only ]

(Press 'primary fire' to Detonate ) OR ( Press 'switch weapons' to Cancel detonation)

(Press 'Throw explosive' to Equip Detonator)

As this input path shows, the equip and cancel actions for the non-grenade explosives are assigned to independent buttons ('throw explosive' & 'Switch weapons'), where they could be compounded into a toggle functionality on the 'throw explosive' button; as is similarly implemented for deployable equipment abilities such as the nano shield, turret, etc.

Allowing the 'throw explosive' button to be a toggle would be benefical to players as it would allow them to keep their thumb on the aim stick instead of having to press 'triange' to cancel if they are suddenly ambushed. It is also less cognitive overhead (which button do I press in this current state to get to the state I want to be in?)

So the proposed revision would be:

(Press 'throw explosive' to equip)

(Press 'primary fire' to deploy ) OR ( Press 'throw explosive' OR 'Switch weapons' to cancel )

[ The following is for C4 only ]

(Press 'primary fire' to detonate ) OR ( Press 'throw explosive' OR Press 'switch weapons' to cancel detonation)

(Press 'Throw explosive' to equip detonator)