Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Getting Rid of Network Errors

hi,

im still getting the network error 10100 everytime a match finishes and its trying to rollover to the next game. i followed your  given instructions for this listed problem on my mac and opened up the command prompt terminal and wrote in the intructions to my technicolor router. it seemed to recognise the instructions,and i restarted the router but the problem still persists. is there anything else i can try other than getting a new router? i don't seem to get any lag with this modem/router but this problem is incredibly frustrating as i play this multiplayer all the time but have to restart the game after every match. is anyone else still getting this issue?

Guerrilla Games - Developer

@jackforsey We are currently working on trying to write a work around for the issue so people won't have to log into their router anymore (which seems to work for some people and doesn't for others). I don't know when that will be finished.

The only other suggestion I have is to your modem in 'bridge mode' and put a separate router behind it. Some people have reported success with that (see: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2194751). Maybe you have a router lying around somewhere / maybe a friend has one that you can try out.

@FxAxF We internally use < 75 ms as an acceptable connection quality, above 100 ms it starts getting bad.

Jorrit.

@sjorrit

Hey jorrit. i played a private scrim against another clan yesterday with my clan mates who are from UK. I am in India.

Matchmaking placed us on the UK server where i got a ping of 250-275 ms. It was game breaking as i couldnt kill them easily. To singapore, it is 45-75 ms which happens to be the best server near me.

Hope you guys implement the idea of choosing a proper region for clan matches so that "ALL" members in both factions have the same ping. I had given the idea earlier of choosing a region in between two continents to which you said you will implement it.

I want you to know that there are many clans including ours who have players from different continents.

Ex of our squads (4v4):

UK, UK, India, US or 

UK, Netherlands, US, US or

UK, Netherlands, India, WestIndies,

India, India, UK, US.

Do be aware of this while testing your clan match region changes.

Nas - come and live in the UK, you will be more than welcome, then you will have less issues on the lag side Smiley Happy

Solution:
Stop being poor, get better internet.

Cat LOL

[ Edited ]

SiCK-WAYZ wrote:

Solution:
Stop being poor, get better internet.

Hey sick wayz, the forum missed u.

Its not always poor internet - i have 25-40 Mbps U and the same for DL, but the ping screws it up if you land up in some other region. I dont care about pubs, but it bothers me when it affects clan matches.

swirve, that is definitely worth considering Smiley Happy . if i get time i might upload the match or moments of it when we played LE.

Hey man, haven't seen you in a bit. I come around every now and then. Still see tons of complaining LOL

Just trolling though. Pubs are one thing, the lag is never as bad as CM's. The problem is you get people from all over the world trying to link up together for a game. One player can screw up the entire game for everyone. They could live in a bad region where the nearest server is thousands of miles away and give them the appearance of crappy net when they possibly don't.

Cat LOL

> We are about to roll out a server patch that makes the server a little bit more robust against bad connections, we’ve seen that this reduces the amount of errors by about 30%. We’re trying to improve it further but changes are risky as we effectively allow people with bad connections to stay in the game longer and thereby increase lag for other players.

We have pushed this change live on Friday April 4th and are seeing a reduction of about 30% in amount of network errors. We didn't see any change in lag.

Jorrit.

Hi Jorrit. When you talk about "bad connection", what is the worst feature? Ping, bandwidth, loss, jitter? I have a slightly lossy line (trying to fix) and so have loss compensation added at my ISP. This increases the latency by 10-20ms. What will the servers do with a high ling connection compared with a lossy or jittery connection?

Smiley face

[ Edited ]

In order of how much it will affect lag:

* Loss

* Ping

* Jitter

* Bandwidth

As soon as you have a little bit of packet loss then it is really easy to get laggy kills because of the time it takes to detect the lost packet.

Bandwidth is the least important one, if you have 1 bar or more then you have enough bandwidth to play the game as long as you don't use your connection for something else too.

We consider 3 bars or more to be good enough.

Jorrit.