Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Competitive Warzone changes

Swirve - your obviously one of those people who think just because its in the game, its balanced. That in itself is enough to make any point you make invalid.

[ Edited ]

MGVP wrote:

Swirve - your obviously one of those people who think just because its in the game, its balanced. That in itself is enough to make any point you make invalid.

lol...since when did I say that...but if you had basic comprehension skills you'd see the point I highlighted on Ralkion, about him not being prepared to talk unless things were nerfed...and if you had the slightest bit of impartiality you'd know that iD have been the biggest advocates of banning (reducing the game from what it is to what they want it to be)...but no doubt you think that way as well...but I'm happy as Squiid is involved (so many views will be taken into account) so iD cannot just dictate what they want as they have been since the game launched....

thanks for proving my point, just because someone wants something nerfed you go spouting "omg ID want everything nerfed"

without considering it actually IS op.

MGVP wrote:

thanks for proving my point, just because someone wants something nerfed you go spouting "omg ID want everything nerfed"

No point arguing with an iD fanboy....once you understand this then we can talk....

swirve wrote:

MGVP wrote:

No point arguing with an iD fanboy....once you understand this then we can talk....

Anyone who shares the same views with iD is a fanboy lmao you guys say this game is dead and worthless but yet we have fanboys for a dead game?? lols swirve i wish you guys ever used some form of logic when you try to make points... 

There really needs NO nerf to the Automatas and Air Supports. Why??? They are fine the way they are. What NEEDS to be done is that Missile lock-on. The 4 beeps we need to wait is TOO long and sometimes it doesn't take it down in one shot. FIX that and I think the problem is solved. What about those chickensh-it nano shields that the "beast" players hide behind?? Should just autolock on those to destroy with the missiles. So many many times I've ran into these so called really good players and only end up having gun fights where they hide behind shields. And you'd wonder why they have high KDR?? LMAO. If I just strictly use assault from now on, I can easily raise my KDR fast. But enough of that. The bots can stay they way they are. I think the Missile lock-on time AND limiting how many can be used per faction WILL solve that issue. Have you guys been in a game where you are stacked AGAINST a clan that only uses bots and sickles and purgers and Voltages?? LOL.

Scout is fine in a way. The Kamaraad is a weeee bit OP in my opinion. Glad it's sort of fixed. The Melee needs to be fixed too. and While the scout is cloaked the footsteps should be a tad louder. Other than that it's a good class that can help the team out.

On some maps, I see people (especially high ranked players) just use the Sickle all day long. It forces me to use the sickle too! If people can use the sickle and hit close to 100 kills, then something is wrong. It's supposed to be a close range weapon and needs to be looked into. I dislike using it against people who are just starting the game. I do see it happening quite often and it is sad. I don't want it to be nerfed to the point of useless, but it does need to be nerfed.

Now lets move on the LAG. Still needs fixing. Otherwise, no need to bring in Clan Matches as it'll be Killzone 3 all over again. Laggier clan will win 90% or more of the matches. If that were the case, I'll switch to WiFi too and turn on my torrents. I'll be a man and say that. I KNOW people do it on purpose and will NEVER have the balls to admit it. But I'm a "real" man and will refrain from doing that at all. I use a wired connection and get around 40 Mbps Down and 7-8 Mbps UP on my PS4. I won't name people but some of these supposedly good players to beasts are some of the laggiest people I've come accross. So I'll keep my judgement on how good they are until the lag can be fixed or close to fixed. What's the point in playing CMs when the laggier clan have the huge advantage??

[ Edited ]

Here is the changes suggested from myself, Muffinman, mr eggs and technetic's time with Jeroen today. Scout buffs are good and should be applied to the whole game.

The things that can be adjusted serverside hopefully can be rolled out relatively quickly Smiley Happy

Primary, most important changes suggested:

*Movement speed: Increase the movement speed to the same as the campaign mode. This would make games a lot more exciting to watch and play.

*Spawn beacons: For competitive, turning off of spawn invincibility would be best or adding an option in custom warzones to adjust spawn invincibility. This is the most important aspect. A secondary suggestion is making spawn beacons take even less damage, something along the lines of three bullets to destroy, but the disabling of spawn invincibility is the primary concern.

*Sickle: Range at which the sickle can one shot kill someone should be reduced significantly. Possible further increase in spread. All objectives in competitive are close range battles and spawn beacons ensure that close range is the primary area where battles happen, meaning the sickle is the dominant gun in the game. Suggested that the damage and range is nerfed so that it cannot best all the other guns so easily.

*Breacher: Turned off for competitive. Fine for public matches.

*Turrets/Air support: Turrets and air support need to be more of a support ability, not the killing machines they are currently. Missle launcher attachment should lock on twice as fast. Drones/turrets are too quick to locate and start attacking a player, reduce the time for them to lock on to players. Putting a cap on abilities so that if you place an air drone down, you are not able to put down a turret, or the air drone blows up. Or if you put a spawn down, die, and then you put a turret down, your spawn blows up. This limits people from being able to drop a spawn, drop a turret, and throw out an air drone. Also, damage reduction would be nice.This balances the game's problem of bot spam. We would hate to see a tournament final ending as a guy tries to cap a final beacon and an air support kills him easily, that is just anticlimatic. The winner of a competitive game should be based on their skill as a player and as a team, not which AI is the better.

*Password issue: Fix the issue where players are not able to all put in a password in a locked warzone and the password function locks up. OR, make it so the game map loads but the match timer does not countdown till the maximum player count is reached AND the map is loaded (so all ten players are in the warzone is the max player count is ten, then the game starts).

Wall should be added to the lists of maps that are banned from competitive. The night and rain mean muzzle flash is especially blinding compared to other maps and it is just not suited to competitive matches. If there was a day version of the map, I could see it having potential to be competitive.

Secondary Suggestions

Cruiser map, currently only has capture and move points on the B and C side of the map where capture and hold takes place Suggest that GG add a capture and move point where the A Cap and Hold point is inside the laboratory.

Buff SMGs for assault class, currently they are completely outclassed by the Keyser and Rumbler. Perhaps increase the range before they have any damage reduction. Also could use more ammo because they run out of ammo very quickly with the number of bullets required to kill.

Suggest secondary weapon that could destroy turrets, drones, shields, etc very quickly. Or buff all secondary weapons damage to the drones and turrets, but not to other players. Thus, secondaries can destroy turrets and drones but they do not damage players any differently than how they do now.

Fix the issue where if you have an attachment on your weapon that is banned, you can't change the sights.

Fix the voltage burst glitch.

Reduce time it takes to zoom in with LS70 sniper rifle.

Ralkion wrote:

Here is the changes suggested from myself, Muffinman, mr eggs and technetic's time with Jeroen today. Scout buffs are good and should be applied to the whole game.

The things that can be adjusted serverside hopefully can be rolled out relatively quickly Smiley Happy

Primary, most important changes suggested:

*Movement speed: Increase the movement speed to the same as the campaign mode. This would make games a lot more exciting to watch and play.

This could also balance speed boost if speed boost is not a multiplyer of current move speed but a set movement speed, other wise speed boost will need rebalancing for sure

*Spawn beacons: For competitive, turning off of spawn invincibility would be best or adding an option in custom warzones to adjust spawn invincibility. This is the most important aspect. A secondary suggestion is making spawn beacons take even less damage, something along the lines of three bullets to destroy, but the disabling of spawn invincibility is the primary concern.

*Sickle: Range at which the sickle can one shot kill someone should be reduced significantly. Possible further increase in spread. All objectives in competitive are close range battles and spawn beacons ensure that close range is the primary area where battles happen, meaning the sickle is the dominant gun in the game. Suggested that the damage and range is nerfed so that it cannot best all the other guns so easily.

*Breacher: Turned off for competitive. Fine for public matches.

*Turrets/Air support: Turrets and air support need to be more of a support ability, not the killing machines they are currently. Missle launcher attachment should lock on twice as fast. Drones/turrets are too quick to locate and start attacking a player, reduce the time for them to lock on to players. Putting a cap on abilities so that if you place an air drone down, you are not able to put down a turret, or the air drone blows up. Or if you put a spawn down, die, and then you put a turret down, your spawn blows up. This limits people from being able to drop a spawn, drop a turret, and throw out an air drone. Also, damage reduction would be nice. We would hate to see a tournament final ending as a guy tries to cap a final beacon and an air support kills him easily, that is just anticlimatic. The winner of a competitive game should be based on their skill as a player and as a team, not which AI is the better.

*Password issue: Fix the issue where players are not able to all put in a password in a locked warzone and the password function locks up. OR, make it so the game map loads but the match timer does not countdown till the maximum player count is reached AND the map is loaded (so all ten players are in the warzone is the max player count is ten, then the game starts).

Wall should be added to the lists of maps that are banned from competitive. The night and rain mean muzzle flash is especially blinding compared to other maps and it is just not suited to competitive matches. If there was a day version of the map, I could see it having potential to be competitive.

Secondary Suggestions

Cruiser map, currently only has capture and move points on the B and C side of the map where capture and hold takes place Suggest that GG add a capture and move point where the A Cap and Hold point is inside the laboratory.

Buff SMGs for assault class, currently they are completely outclassed by the Keyser and Rumbler. Perhaps increase the range before they have any damage reduction. Also could use more ammo because they run out of ammo very quickly with the number of bullets required to kill.

Suggest secondary weapon that could destroy turrets, drones, shields, etc very quickly. Or buff all secondary weapons damage to the drones and turrets, but not to other players. Thus, secondaries can destroy turrets and drones but they do not damage players any differently than how they do now.

Fix the issue where if you have an attachment on your weapon that is banned, you can't change the sights.

Fix the voltage burst glitch.

It would also be nice to see a reduced ADS timer on the Ls70 as well as reduce the reload speed on it

I personally would have made a thread to all my idea's to revive competitive. But there is no point as i would be verbally attacked by half the idiots here.