Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Competitive Warzone changes

[ Edited ]

Playfreak04 wrote:
At the VC30 I would either reduce the damage of range or the rate of fire by 20-30% and not increase the spread!

The weapon now is too strong.
You can kill 3 players up to a second, because the rate of fire is to high!

I would say that reducing the range would be ideal. I was in the Penthouse with full health yesterday and I was OHK by a guy on the roof, through the glass panes. If increasing the spread will achieve this, I am all for it. OHK should be possible if you are close, and not far away.

Also, why not apply those changes to all warzones?

BTW Yesterday I was in a 24 player warzone and the laser attachment is not allowed? Why not? And now the flashlight?

I some times wish Support had a slight buff in weapons. I have a much harder times downing people with a pulver or Stova against a Rumbler/Keyser. But I guess that is the point.

[ Edited ]

Just tested out some of the stuff with Mr__Eggs.

These suggestions are simply to be used in trial, they are NOT ensured to fix balance completely. There is a lot more testing to be done, and these changes are a step in the right direction but we should NOT stop here, below is my thoughts on the current balance adjustments and what myself and Mr__Eggs think needs to be changed...

To start, the scout buffs are perfect. It is not OP but now is more viable than ever before. Definitely glad to see it and will hopefully see more teams use scout with these buffs.

Ground turret: Currently, it still takes over half a clip of pulver (average about 21 or 22 bullets) to kill a ground turret. Head on, you will lose every time still. The turret doesn't miss and you can't kill it faster than it kills you even if you do not miss as well. At least ground turrets only take three melees to destroy now.

Suggestion: Nerf the damage output of these things and keep the health at a 25% decrease from regular gametypes so that it's time to kill players head on is 2/3 the current power at least. OR keep damage the same, but have turret at half health from regular games.

Air drones: Air support dies in about 15 pulver shots, but kills you even faster than turret it seems due to the length of bursts.

Suggestions: Nerf the damage by 1/2. It is called air SUPPORT, but the power it has right now is more of slaying beast. They need longer spin up time between bursts and shorter bursts in general. You cannot even poke out and lock on because they kill you faster than your launcher can fire. Nerf the damage and these will be a lot fairer and balanced.

Sickle: Sickle still is insanely powerful, I cannot even tell the difference in practical situations. Yes, the spread is increased but as far as that changing its effectivity, you cannot tell a difference almost at all. It still is too easy to use and beats every other gun 9 times out of 10.

Suggestions: Nerf nerf nerf. Still too powerful. Spread is not enough, it needs a range decrease and a damage decrease. It's one hit area should be about 1 meter at the most. The game currently is too slow paced for players to have any draw backs to using it. Players do not move quick enough to evade shotguns and the range ensures that they are fully capable of outgunning players at long range. Range and damage need nerfs badly. At least by 25%. This is competitive rules, a shotgun that dominates all other guns at close to mid range is insane.

Suggestion for support class in general: If you play as Assault, you cannot speed boost and also use stun. This is a concept that should apply in theory to support class as well. If you place a spawn and then switch to a turret class, the second you put that turret down your spawn should blow up. If you are using air drones and have your air drone in the sky currently and then die, switching to spawn beacon, your air drone should blow up. This makes one very important fix...

This fixes the issue of the drone whoring people do so much. Now you have to make choices, do I want to have the spawn beacon up for my team or do I want to be the one using air support? There is currently an issue where the game does not limit the number of drones for each team on the map. A spawn beacon lasts 100 seconds. You place a spawn beacon first, die, then you place a turret which lasts for 80 seconds. Finally, you throw out your air support which can last up to 80 seconds. Before your spawn beacon is down, you can have both AIs helping your team. And EVERY person on your team can do this. Drones will be spammed in matches and you will no longer have a match being won by players, but one that is decided on the luck of the AI.

Summary: This idea that these machines are able to deal significant damage and kill players so easily is the fundamental flaw of them in competitive. These do not have a place in truly competitive games but I understand it is to try to keep as little of the game banned as possible. So, in order to ensure they are balanced they need to not be killing machines and instead be things that are more just what they are intended to be, support. If they ARE going to be killing machines, they need to be glass cannons where I can easily destroy it if I get on target. 10 - 15 bullets is a MAX it should take if they do not receive a damage nerf.

The sickle needs nerfing still for it to even be considered for competitive play. The sickle needs to be something that you will have maybe one guy using per team because it is a situational weapon, not something capable of outgunning everything. Hipfiring in this game has aim assist on it, something that you do not get when aim down sights on all guns. This is something a lot of people are unaware of and is really just one of the issues around the sickle currently. It still one shots too easily and the follow up shot in case you miss is so fast that you can fire two shots before someone can down you unless they get a head shot. It is also easier to aim, hip firing is easier because of that aim assist and the fact that you are not going to be flinching as much as you would when ADS. So even if you are in a gun fight where you and your opponent are at equal time to kill ranges, the sickle still will win most often just because the aiming is easier.

After the sickle gets more nerfs, then we can talk. Drones and turrets are still too powerful.

I also will disclose that I do not believe AI has a place in competitive at all, but like I said I do know that GG wants everything or as much as possible in the game useable. Hope people can analyze my feedback and critically respond with arguments backed up by their own testing, not JUST speculative work. These suggestions are based on our measuring of the game's competitive warzone and are subject to change as more adjustments are made to the balance.

Nice thoughts dude. Id like to agree but I CANT  FIND A **bleep** GAME IN COMPETITIVE.....still, your points are good but as for the air drone, it'll only stay up as long as u dont respawn (that is provided no one destroys it in the meantime). Once u respawn it flies away cuz u can throw another one out

[ Edited ]

"After the sickle gets more nerfs, then we can talk. Drones and turrets are still too powerful."

This summarises the typical attitude of iD, so unless people agree to what you want your only then interested in talking...sounds a bit like dictating again...what is it with you guys...you really don't see how big a holes you lot really are...reaper and muffin in particular....

And what is with all the complaining about the power of bots, surely the no1 skilled team should have no trouble destroying a few bots, and the example about attacking them head on lol.....thats the sort of thing a no skill monkey would do....you seriously basing your argument on using a pulver and charging right at a turret!!!

And if you are using the pulver why are you not using the missle attachment....I can post a video if you like to show you how to go 1-2-1 with a turret or air droid using a missle launcher....and air droids are weak as **bleep** I often take them down with the pulver using bullets...turrets should be stronger, but if you are stupid enough to charge straight at them...then I don't know what to say...

I wish you'd stop using competitive and just call it gun skill, because that is all you actuallt want....and I can tell iD are not happy with the unbanning...but KZ is not just made for iD's benefit

You know what this all reminds me of is WW1 where they would go over the top and just charge into heavy machine gun fire (due to the inabililty of command to devise tactics that adapted to a borader way of fighting a war)...now only if they had got together and said you know what lets nerf the machine gun as we cannot beat it by charging at it and shooting...

swirve wrote:

You know what this all reminds me of is WW1 where they would go over the top and just charge into heavy machine gun fire (due to the inabililty of command to devise tactics that adapted to a borader way of fighting a war)...now only if they had got together and said you know what lets nerf the machine gun as we cannot beat it by charging at it and shooting...

Well said Swirve. Some can't see the wood because the trees are in the way.

If beacons disappeared when people put turrets/airbots down then beacons would be used even less than they are now.

Tacticians in kz2/kz3 had air support & it was fine. The problem in kzsf is there's no limit in the number of deployed drones & turrets per team. No need to nerf drones/turret damage, just limit them like in the previous KZs.

I don't think the air drones are OP really. I don't get too many kills from them and I take them both out easily with the missile. Well placed Turrets will do well. I wish more people would realize we need spawn beacons. I hate being the only one because everyone wants to run assault and be bad azz lol.

I wish the supply refill was a little different. It is almost too cumbersome to stop and replenish. I would make it so if you walk over it you replenish like an ammo crate in CoD.

I know it won't happen and I only say it because I stink at melee, but so many people play like assassins creed and melee non stop. I know I am the victim of that. Sometimes I get commando lunged because the pulver is weak and low fire rate in cqc that they walk through my bullets and knife me.

I wish support had a higher fire rate or higher damage assault rifle. They really are no match for assault class rifles.

l3ianca wrote:
Tacticians in kz2/kz3 had air support & it was fine. The problem in kzsf is there's no limit in the number of deployed drones & turrets per team. No need to nerf drones/turret damage, just limit them like in the previous KZs.

My thoughts exactly. There is no need to nerf them, they are fine as they are and can be taken out by several attachments. The problem is that people deploy them immediately after dying (no cooldown) and no limits on the quantity. KZ2 and KZ3 had that down, so why was that changed?

I agree with the assessment of the sickle. It is far too powerful and the hands down best weapon for support.

I also think that the submachineguns need some buff at close distances. Their time to kill is ridiculous for that class of weapon in that situation, but the damage dropoff should be pretty steep with increased distance.