Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Competitive Warzone changes

II6FUII-PwNaGe13 wrote:

SugarshaK wrote:

Thoughts on the balancing of bots for competitive play (from a no-talent scrub)

The issue of balance is an important one and it has 2 facets.  First is finding balance compared to pubs which can often devolve into a bot-spamming nightmare. The second (the one GG is likely to be keenly aware of) is finding a balance in the competitive side of the game that will attract and maintain a robust community of players (aka fans/customers) without alienating the few but influential (for good reason) hardcore or elite gun-skilled players. I for one think that it is very thoughtful to engage the comunity the way GG has in this thread. I've read all of the comments so far, and have been thinking about the possible options.

I'm aware of all of the methods to counter bots, and I find them to be sufficient unless I'm attacking an objective that is surrounded by multiple bots. I'll usually get killed by a human player long before I can destroy all of them. On re-spawn, I'll go to work taking them out again, and again. The problem in my eyes isn't bot damage or bot health, it's respawn time. A team that is working together can redeploy their bots and often keep them up long enough to ensure (for example) a successful S&D defense, even if the opposing team is focusing on destroying bots.

My suggestion is pretty simple. Change nothing about their damage, health, missile attachment lock-on time etc... but turn the respawn time of Turrets and Air Drones up to infinity. This would make bots an important, tactical, highly-useful one-off. Every player gets one of each per match. Should they be used early on to help promote an early lead or saved until the last mission to secure victory? <--- this gentleman (and ladies) is one example of the many possible tactical decisions that teams will need to make every game. Thus, bots may have a potentially important role in competitive matches (which will help to attract and maintain a robust community of players), but will require teamwork, tactical planning, and will be impossible to spam (which will hopefully alleviate some of the valid concerns that the elite players have about their abuse).

This idea can be tested by all of us without GG needing to change anything.  Just find a group to scrim against, and be sure that everyone agrees to only use 1 turret and 1 air drone per person per match. I can muster up one side for such a match.

Thoughts?

I'm down to test this out.  In terms of all the other options that have been presented thus far, I think this one sounds the best.  It satisfies the masses by not banning anything, but it also is geared toward being competitive by limiting the use of bots to one per person.  

I like this idea as well

[ Edited ]

So It came down to limit bots, which should be the common dinominator.  Don't make em paper, but limit to how many or how many uses they can be used. It's not rocket science to figure this. And We've seen many who have mention this from the very begining. me included.

"skill" in comp is slippery slope. And "gun skill" doesn't always equate to winning warzones, unless they are TAILOR MADE JUST FOR GUN SKILL ONLY. And that seems rather bland. Unreal Tournament was more roboust.

But then again if that was the case just put everyone to 9 lives, no bots, no revives, no boost, no shotty, no cloak and let them have at it. But why do I feel that warzone will be mighty empty?  Bring it closer to KZ2.  Let more options reign. But reign in the abuse of those options, by limiting uses.  I too like the idea of that.

photo imageedit_12_4515416387_zpsf72c09db.jpg

If we can get swirve to agree we may very well be on to something...

SugarshaK wrote:

Good luck

[ Edited ]

sQuiiDx wrote:

SugarshaK wrote:

Good luck

Noops....I agree with the likes of Demon, bruny, Vice (all ppl who do not put fwd opinions as absolutes)....etc....but if you lot want to take a trip down bansville nerfvada be my guest...the population is not that great...

B-b-b-but... This wouldn't ban anything.

DemonRonin wrote:

So It came down to limit bots, which should be the common dinominator.  Don't make em paper, but limit to how many or how many uses they can be used. It's not rocket science to figure this. And We've seen many who have mention this from the very begining. me included.

"skill" in comp is slippery slope. And "gun skill" doesn't always equate to winning warzones, unless they are TAILOR MADE JUST FOR GUN SKILL ONLY. And that seems rather bland. Unreal Tournament was more roboust.

But then again if that was the case just put everyone to 9 lives, no bots, no revives, no boost, no shotty, no cloak and let them have at it. But why do I feel that warzone will be mighty empty?  Bring it closer to KZ2.  Let more options reign. But reign in the abuse of those options, by limiting uses.  I too like the idea of that.

The problem with setting a limit is it would take them a lot of developement time but certain things can be nerfed server side... so we dont want the clan system to take longer do we just so we can get a limit on bots...

**Off topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDrZKKIEo1w

Here's week number 2's top 5 kills!

Limiting turrets to only 1 per match is waaaay overkill. The most balanced and easiest way to "fix" them is to just tone down their accuracy a touch. That way they'll be more of a suppression defense than an out right killing machine. That can be done server side and is the first thing they should try.  

The best way to balance bots imo is to increase the cooldown timer by 10-15 seconds and make it so it

doesn't reset after you die, it should pick up right after it was before you died.