Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Chapter 7 - The Handler - How do you repel down the shaft?

As the title suggests, i'm at the point where (according to guides) you are supposed to auto-repel down the shaft that you just opened up.

I may be doing something wrong here, but evrytime i go over the edge i just fall to my death and restart at the checkpoint where i just opened the shaft to repeat the process.

Am i missing something?

All the guides say you just run up to the edge of the shaft, grab a rope and repel down. I can't see a rope any where and it certainly doesn't work like the Youtube video's suggest.

Short of quitting the level and going back god knows how far, i want to know if i'm doing anything wrong first.

Anyone else had this issue?

Re: Chapter 7 - The Handler - How do you repel down the shaft?

I know the spot you mean, you activate a switch with your fingerprint then the hatch in the middle of the area opens up and you just sort of run towards it and the zipline deploys automatically. Not sure why it isn't working for you, maybe just try approaching the hatch from different angles till it triggers?

Tried every possible angle!

Do you know how far back in the chapter i have to go if i quit and start again?

Just restart the section "Bring Me Massar" form chapter select, it's only 10 mins max

That's strange. Yeah I would repeat the checkpoint.

Just to confim to all, this must have been a bug in the game.

Had to exit and restart last section, i quickly ran through, opened the hatch and juped into it. This time it worked strait away.

Anyone know where and how to submit a bug report?

I had the same issue. Even when I completely restarted the chapter. It seemed at the time like it may have had something to do with the order in which I did things, because when I did things in a different order it didn't happen. But I never went back to test this theory.

had the same problem. It worked when I restarted from the last save and accessed the security room before i opened the hatch. Thanks to everyone who posted on this. I was an all new level of **bleep**

Why is this still a bug?

It is still happening. Others are reporting the non existant rope as well \\\\\Posted 9th May 2014