Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anyone in favor of 900p for better frame rate?

Anyone?

Re: Anyone in favor of 900p for better frame rate?

I tested 720p and not helped a bit.

[ Edited ]

Not possible with this engine. This is NOT native 1080p proper. It is a major coding realization that balances frames in a unique way with interlacing. If they could suddenly set this game to 900 in their complex system I am pretty sure there would be such scaling problems as to barely even be playable for me graphic wise.

Even as a PC whore I just get used to it. There isn't much they can do imo that would make MP acceptable looking, while also increasing total average framerate to 60. You wouldn't even get that going to 900p. It would be better yes but imo unbearable to look at. KZ MP is near my bottom line when it comes to graphics.

Any worse and I don't even play your game on consoles. Things to sacrifice besides MORE resolution, this is not 1080p native, would be things that have already been hit to make the game run as it does now. Stuff like AA, shadows, LOD. No more of this for 5FPS. Game starts looking like clunky garbage.

The FPS in this game is really not THAT bad anymore. The newer maps it can get more iffy for sure.

I actually don't mind the interlacing pseudo-1080p method, but apparently Guerrila upped the MP to 1080p native, which if true, is definitely impactful in several maps; fps often dips to 27~29 in the slums, for example. I'm actually going to ask about that now, in a seperate post, but if you know anything of this, I don't mind replies here Smiley Tongue

I was just testing this out. I'm not seeing as much blur before either. I will test again. It may be 1080p. Must have made some huge performance improvements to even get it running at that if true.

Game look same to me maybe I not look enough. Playin campaign though I might hop into MP my connection is terribad.

Can81TR wrote:

I tested 720p and not helped a bit.

Changing what your system/TV displays isn't going to do anything. It has to be a design choice on what the game engine renders. I can deal with 900p if it makes up for it in other areas, like OP said. A consistent 60fps, no aliasing, etc. Battlefield 4 runs at 900p and while I can tell that it is a lower native res, the image quality is still fantastic and it's usually running between 50 and 60 frames. Of course I'd prefer 1080p and 60fps, though. Smiley Wink