Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Third update for Killzone: Mercenary released

Well, I dont work for Sony, but if I had. Id hear about PS Vita and be looking at the schematics and be like "This is **bleep**. Make this a portable PS4 so developers would want to make **bleep** for this device, but make sure to keep it at $299. What kind of memory is this, proprietary! WHAT **bleep** IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU WANT TO ALIENATE THE CONSUMERS!!! I dont like the back touchpad, and I want the stick or nubs to click. I like to play games, and I hope they like it too."
A Killzone Mercenary

This was in development before 2010, and was announced in early 2011 when it was still called the NGP. (This was also when killzone mercenary was announced Smiley Tongue ). Honestly, I don't know when you got your vita, but you kind if sound really retarded in this conversation.

I do agree however that the memory cards were a stupid idea. Not necessarily because they were proprietary, (because they used those long before the vita), but because the cards were vita specific. There was a lot of **bleep** about not being able to use the psp memory cards and definitely having to buy a new memory card

First of all,no one that can access this website does not "Sound Retarded" because this is txt, not actual verbal communacation so it will be different in comparison to the actual person (Thats your opinion, but I ask if next time if you keep that to yourself). Second, Next Generation Portable was its codename, but maybe I'm at the point of its announcement? Third, they are working on another NGP..., but of course, its the PS Vita's Successor in probably 2018.
A Killzone Mercenary

BD-R9 wrote:
Well, I dont work for Sony, but if I had. Id hear about PS Vita and be looking at the schematics and be like "This is **bleep**. Make this a portable PS4 so developers would want to make **bleep** for this device, but make sure to keep it at $299. What kind of memory is this, proprietary! WHAT **bleep** IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU WANT TO ALIENATE THE CONSUMERS!!! I dont like the back touchpad, and I want the stick or nubs to click. I like to play games, and I hope they like it too."

You sound ignorant.

The reason they had to use proprietary memory cards is because they don't want the Vita to be hacked like the PSP was. Some many people were able to hack the PSP and get free games and all kinds of other stuff because they used memory sticks. 

I don't know if anyone has hacked the Vita, but it's so much harder to do so that I doubt even 10% of the amount of people that hacked PSP are hacking Vita. 

Plus, the prices aren't nearly as bad as you think. Memory sticks aren't proprietary yet they cost more than double what Vita cards do even just 4 years ago. I got a PSP in 2009 and 4 GB memory sticks were $20 and up. They didn't even make 16 GB cards at the time and the 8 GB cards were $50. 

I just got a 16 GB Vita card for $32, and a week before I got my Vita they were on sale for $20.

The situation is crappy, but it's not that bad, and it's not like Sony was trying to alienate their customers. That's just stupid. Maybe if so many of their customers weren't cheap bastards that hack the console to get free games they wouldn't have to use proprietary cards

HugoStiglitz_420 wrote:

BD-R9 wrote:

You sound ignorant.

The reason they had to use proprietary memory cards is because they don't want the Vita to be hacked like the PSP was. Some many people were able to hack the PSP and get free games and all kinds of other stuff because they used memory sticks. 

I don't know if anyone has hacked the Vita, but it's so much harder to do so that I doubt even 10% of the amount of people that hacked PSP are hacking Vita. 

Plus, the prices aren't nearly as bad as you think. Memory sticks aren't proprietary yet they cost more than double what Vita cards do even just 4 years ago. I got a PSP in 2009 and 4 GB memory sticks were $20 and up. They didn't even make 16 GB cards at the time and the 8 GB cards were $50. 

I just got a 16 GB Vita card for $32, and a week before I got my Vita they were on sale for $20.

The situation is crappy, but it's not that bad, and it's not like Sony was trying to alienate their customers. That's just stupid. Maybe if so many of their customers weren't cheap bastards that hack the console to get free games they wouldn't have to use proprietary cards

Unfortunately, sony F U C K ED up bad in the beginning.  My 4GB card at the Vita's launch cost $30+ (in the United States too). It gave many people a reason to not buy the system

[ Edited ]
@Hugo

Just read your post, people have already hacked the Vita (Since 2012) so should memory card stay that high for the consumers that do not? Doesnt matter what system you buy, its going to be hacked. XBOX One & PS4, people currently working on hacks while I txt. Personally, out of educated guess, the best way to block pirated systems is to make sure any pontiential exploit can be hidden in the OS and game software before release. However; Sony is not going to take the time to look at every developers software, because that would take to much time and for that.
A Killzone Mercenary

Feeling frustrated at the snails pace it's taking GG to temper KZSF. Upon realizing that certain issues I've been waiting to be resolved won't be fixed for some time, if ever. This makes KZM more relevant than ever and I just want to express my gratitude to GC for their continued vigilance in making an alternative KZ title that outshines even your supposed "superiors" latest dogpile. So thanks for your hard work and support in keeping this awesome game alive!

BD-R9 is right about the hacks no matter what console it is it's gonna get hacked one way or another but their countermeasures to try and prevent those things from happening isn't really working either and i find it being that i have to be connected to a network just to transfer stuff between my Vita, PS3, (and soon PS4) even if it's simple things like music, photos, and videos. Why try to spy on us like microsoft and their Spybox one? It's really stupid and i hope they get rid of that in a patch at some point.

Sounds like a great idea to me! While we are wishing, lets have Sony re-call our Vita console,games,and stinking expensive memory cards for your ideal game platform idea. Or at least let us have a ps4 for like a hundred bucks! anyway....??

I heard something about a Vita-Slim? I think that was what IGN on YOUTUBE said. I watched it yesterday and didn't pay attention to how old the video was. I was looking for what KILLZONE MERCS people were going to do about all the hackers on multiplay.. I searched the web for ever,"mostly going in circles on this official site", when I ran across that bit of news. That and all the supposed Great Updates and new multiplayer maps that was, from what I gathered, be available like about NOW!! Or possibly as late as the end of February. OH crap..!!! They also talked about new Vita updates like 4.0 and an exclusive beta Sony has out by invitation only called sony-NOW or something like that... I've been a scen subscriber since ps2 and I didn't get an invitation, bleep-it all to bleep! Any body else heard anything about any of this???