Community Team
Ginrai

Setting up your Router with Port Forwarding/as DMZ device to help MP connections with your PS Vita

[ Edited ]

If you have been experiencing problems joining into and maintaining a connection for multiplayer games then these details may be one possible solution.

IMPORTANT: Contact your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer for proper instructions on how to make a configuration change on your router, input port information for your network or to set up a DMZ device.

Please note that there are some technical aspects to the information below and you should feel comfortable with carrying them out, and have permission to do so, before you make any alterations.

There are 2 stages to the process of setting up your PS Vita for port forwarding or as a DMZ device.
First you need to give your PS Vita a static IP address, then you need to update your router’s configuration.

The first step is the same, whether making your PS VITA the DMZ device, or setting up port forwarding :-

ASSIGNING YOUR PS VITA A STATIC IP ADDRESS

Before you set your PS VITA up with a static IP address, you will need to find the IP Range and the IP Address used by your wireless router, from the router configuration.

The information you require is:-
The IP Address of the Router (e.g. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 – it depends on the make of the router and the router configuration).
The IP Range of the router so you can pick one independent IP to assign – this should be an address outside the range dynamically assigned to devices on your home network – usually to be found in ‘LAN’ or ‘DHCP’ settings screens.

Once you have selected this IP address, you can proceed to set up your PS VITA to use this address for connecting to your Wi-Fi network.

Step by Step Guide to setting up a Static IP on your PS Vita

1) Select the Settings Application from your PS Vita’s home page

2) Select the Network option

3) Select the Wi-Fi Settings

4) Select your Wi-Fi Connection

5) Select the Advanced Settings option

6) Follow the information below:
    Set IP Address to the address previously chosen
    Enter 255.255.255.0 into Subnet Mask
    Set Default Gateway to match your Router’s IP Address
    Set Primary DNS to match your Router’s IP Address

Select ‘OK’, and select back until you reach the screen below. This is to ensure the information is saved in your PS Vita.
Select the ‘Internet Connection Test’ to ensure it can connect to the PlayStation Network located on the screen below.

SETTING YOUR PS VITA AS DMZ HOST

Once you have setup your PS VITA with a static IP address, you can set this address to be the DMZ host. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)#DMZ_host)

Go into your Router’s setup page, find the option for DMZ and enter the IP Address you put into your PS Vita, save this information and confirm the update (often this will restart your Router).

SETTING UP PORT FORWARDING TO  YOUR PS VITA

If you don’t want to set up a DMZ you can manually forward the ports, please see the below ports for further information.

Killzone Mercenary's game networking (and some other PS VITA games) use the following ports :-

UDP : 3478 – 3479, 49167-65535

Additionally, you may need to forward the following core ports used by PS VITA for Playstation Network services are documented here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/psvita/psn/firewall.html (Usually only the UDP ports would need forwarding to your PS VITA.)

Once you have configured these ports to forward to the static IP address you have assigned to your PS VITA, the router may need to restart to update its configuration.

Hopefully this will have solved your issues. You should test whether it has been successful by playing an online game on your PS Vita - Killzone: Mercenary, perhaps.

[With thanks to Gambe1984 for the original post]

AdmiralCloud

Re: Setting up your Router with Port Forwarding/as DMZ device to help MP connections with your PS Vi

Are u a dev plz tell us where we can go to discuss more ing game problems with the game
peephole303

Re: Setting up your Router with Port Forwarding/as DMZ device to help MP connections with your PS Vi

Yes he is a developer for the game... GG is nice enought to actualy frequent their forums

Which is why i love them :3

EVILDAD17

i really dont feel like going through all this trouble for one game is this only temperary or will i have to do this even on the full game

AdmiralCloud

If u want to play it do it for me I never had any problems in the first place but plz check it on spawn points , a few glitches
IxUNREALxBEASTxI

[ Edited ]

peephole303 wrote:

Yes he is a developer for the game... GG is nice enought to actualy frequent their forums

Which is why i love them :3

Wait what? O.o GG has dropped support for their only 2 games 9 months after release. They never reply to fan feedback and never post on the forums in the past 1-2 years.

How are they "nice" and how do they "frequent their forum"?

AdmiralCloud

Keep in mind these not guerrilla games ppl that give no support Cambridge made this game he is just probably passing a message they wanted to give to there testers plus I sure Cambridge know how to give support to there game better than GG
hot_knife29

This sux. I cant get into a game and have tried everything. Why can't it just work likeall my other games and betas. You shouldnt have to worry about all this crap. I hope its fixed come launch, i have preordered this and will be **bleep** if it doesn't work!
EVILDAD17

did it all still cant get in to the match

Neolaguna

[ Edited ]

I already did all those steps and I still get kicked from the matches I play, usually @ 10 mins after I join to the game. When I play as the host of the game then I can play without problems. I can find a match really fast and join without problems (even without DMZ) but I always get kicked because "lost connection".

I don't know what more to do and I had high expectations in this game :smileysad:

As a note: Soul Sacrifice never gave me errors and CoD Declassified works like a charm most of the times without getting kicked because of the connection lost.