Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Post-Patch 2 Connection Issues

I would not say better !

I managed to get KZM multiplayer working reliably by putting my Vita in the DMZ with a static IP using patch 1.01, as described in the 1.01 guidelines.

After downloading patch 1.02, I've not managed to complete a single game before seeing the 'loss of connectivity' message, which is ridiculous.

I've now had time to plough through the 1.02 guidelines in detail, and believe that my same DMZ config should still work. It does not. I'm mostly seeing the following sequence:

1. Choose multiplayer match type

2. Joining game...

3. Deploying...

4. Game error: You were kicked from the game due to a loss of connectivity

Occasionally (perhaps 1 in 4 attempts), I actually get a minute or so of gameplay between steps 3 and 4.

My setup was working with 1.01, and now it isn't with 1.02. Please sort this out Guerilla - you seem to have taken a backward step.

This exact same problem is now happening with me as well.

NAT Type 2

- same sequence as the above poster

Ok - my problems seem to now have disappeared!

I put Vita in DMZ (assigned static IP address) and then restarted the Vita.

All good - my percentage of drop-outs has probably gone from 80% down to less than 10%

Re: Post-Patch 2 ConnectioHi GiHinrai,n Issues

Hi Ginrai,
I just picked up Killzone: Mercenary brand new from gamestop and I did everything the troubleshooting guidelines said but I get kicked out of games everytime I play online plus in single player mode i got a glinch that everytime I start the 2nd mission my Ps Vita turns powers off after frezzing in a cutsceen. Pleass add a skip cutsceen button plz.

Guerrilla Games - Developer

Hello Nejithegreat,

I'll check with the client team (I'm a server guy, not client) to see if they're already looking into this, but it sounds like something could be going wrong during level loading (level loading is going on in the background during the mission briefing/cutscene).

Does the game freeze completely? and if it does, could you send the crash report - if the game is completely freezing you should see a popup asking to send a crash report, which is very helpful to the client team in identifying the issue.

Otherwise, it almost sounds like you may have a bad game card there.

Timmers.

p.s. Once the level has loaded you can skip the mission briefings by tapping on the screen.

Just want to say I'm also having the "kicked due to loss of connectivity" issue in the same way the other guy listed it. I use a DMZ with my vita and have a nat type 2. The game never freezes completely so sending a crash report isn't possible.

I had a perfect online experience before update 2. The connection was fast and stable. Now when I get into a match I experience extreme lag where it usually takes a whole second or more to recognize an action such as climbing a ladder or knife attacking someone. It isn't my Internet connection or my vita as soul sacrifice and black ops declassified will run just fine online. However, when I played killzone mercenary recently at a hotel it played online with 0 lag and connected to games with ease. so that rules out having a bad game cartridge and points to Internet connection settings of some sort. I just don't know what lol.

Hope this helps.

why the hell cant i connect to the host in multiplayer