Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guerrilla Games - Developer
mattp_at_work

KZM: An update on updates

Hi KZM community,

Over the past few weeks we have launched updates 1.04 and 1.05 live, and we thought it was about time we let you know about progress in general.

The latest changes have been primarily maintenance releases to revise multiplayer matching and team balancing, and have added the following:-

• Revisions to join game matchmaking:-

There will now be an auto-retry made on any failure to connect to a game's host  (Ultimately, expanding the search space beyond the individual's given country if a connection can't be established to any host) 

We now also temporarily blacklist games containing clients with whom you've failed a connection (so that those same games don't get hit again when you next repeat the search.)

We hope both changes will see people get into games more easily.

• Revisions to party team balancing: -

Parties will now always initially be matched onto the same team, with best effort made to match a late joining party member onto the same team. Best effort will also be made to match a player onto the team of the friend he/she joined.

Getting people into balanced games and keeping them there continues to be our number 1 for the multiplayer. We monitor all issues reported and welcome the continued feedback.

Update 5 was originally intended for our new maps and Botzone, so what's happened to those? Well, both features are still coming, but need a little more time before we're happy to release them to you.

I'm pleased to announce that the 2 new maps are now in final phases of development and should be released within the next few weeks. However, we've decided to move Botzone into a separate update which will be following on a little later.

Thank you for both the continued interest in the game and constructive feedback to the dev team.  We look forward to sharing further details of our new updates with you in the very near future.

Regards,

Matt

TD Guerrilla Cambridge

SaintSoldier62

Re: KZM: An update on updates

i must say, ty for fixing the party match and the blacklist
VaVeTi

it took you guys way to long to inform the people 

you cant say that you cant inform people while shadowfall informs the people everyday 

to bad that the most awaited feature gets delayed no wonder people mass selling there kzm game to bad it HAD potential but it took you guys way to long

SaintSoldier62

true ^
SaintSoldier62

im actually REALLY burnt out on this game, once toukidens out in NA bye bye kzm lol
MassaBR

Really appreciate the update, thanks! Can't wait for the new maps.

calamarcista

Thanks Guerrilla :smileyvery-happy: !!!

Kciura

[ Edited ]

When I bought KZ:M there was no talk about botzone. I bought the game for great SP and MP on the go. I liked it, and while I do not play it everyday anymore, I would never think about selling it.

If someone sold it because she/he couldn't wait for botzone, it means the game just didn't appealed to that person much in the first place.

I sell only games that I know I probably will never be coming back to. Still have my original Quake 1 CD along with other PC games like Fallout 1&2, Freespace 1&2, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life 1&2 and console titles like Wipeout 3 SE, Chrono Trigger for PS1 (do not have console anymore though, so I'm using emulator) and many others that sometimes I simply dig out of the closet to play them again.

For me KZ:M is one of such games - it defined what FPS on handheld platform should be, and it proved that Vita is in fact the only mobile platform where such game could be made - community, two analog sticks, PSN infrastructure and horsepower are all here while 3DS and Android/iOS lack one or more of these key elements.

Saying it had potential but lost it because of delaying one feature NOBODY PROMISED before release or at launch is wrong, game was executed almost flawlessly in the first place and it certainly lived upt to it's potential of being great FPS on mobile platform. Anything devs will add in the upcoming patches is only fan-service and should be treated as a gift. KZ:M is still unbeatable choice when it comes to portable first person shooters, and I'd rather see Guerilla Cambride take their time tweaking new maps, features and bot AI than rushing it because some people got bored with the game and sold it.

(And there=/=their)

iTzYaBoYal

You guys support for this game is everlasting! Us killzone players admire your hard work & support. Killzone mercenary is hands down the most stunning video game ever created on PS Vita! Hope there's more support towards killzone franchises and the Playstation Vita! Good job GC! :smileyhappy:

VaVeTi

when a dev makes a game and promises to listen tot the community and doesnt

and the main dev releases a game and promises the same and does listen to the community  then people have the right to complain about that company people wanted clans and chat for mercenary while shadowfall gets it  we wanted custom warfare and guess what the custom warfare for shadowfall gets bigger and bigger while we get nothing not even a word from the dev 

i myself wont buy another killzone and im ashame of gg and gc they could do so much but do so little