Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

@GGC, About the aiming exploit...

Hey GGC, I haven't made a post like this in a while, but I looked into he aiming exploit myself a little bit, and it's kill da interesting. Most weapons don't benefit from it at all to be perfectly honest, but it breaks the h ell out of a few weapons. Automatic weapons don't really benefit (unless your aim sucks), and it's probably easier to just aim yourself, but without auto fire, we get some problems. If you guys don't know the exploit, you fire your weapon while rapidly tapping Left Trigger. Doing this makes your weapon constantly auto-lock on the enemy using the games large aim assist . While necessary, this breaks the Semi Auto rifle, and REALLY breaks the Tranq gun. Seriously, just try it for yourself, it makes those two weapons super accurate unnecessarily. It is almost impossible to miss with the Tranq using this method, which is really unbalanced.

Seriously, just turn aim assist completely off for those two weapons even if you aren't interested in fixing the exploit completely.

Re: @GGC, About the aiming exploit...

FlamingToast69 wrote:
Hey GGC, I haven't made a post like this in a while, but I looked into he aiming exploit myself a little bit, and it's kill da interesting. Most weapons don't benefit from it at all to be perfectly honest, but it breaks the h ell out of a few weapons. Automatic weapons don't really benefit (unless your aim sucks), and it's probably easier to just aim yourself, but without auto fire, we get some problems. If you guys don't know the exploit, you fire your weapon while rapidly tapping Left Trigger. Doing this makes your weapon constantly auto-lock on the enemy using the games large aim assist . While necessary, this breaks the Semi Auto rifle, and REALLY breaks the Tranq gun. Seriously, just try it for yourself, it makes those two weapons super accurate unnecessarily. It is almost impossible to miss with the Tranq using this method, which is really unbalanced.

Seriously, just turn aim assist completely off for those two weapons even if you aren't interested in fixing the exploit completely.

Where is this "aim assist" that people talk about?....is it in the settings?

fvenegasjr wrote:

FlamingToast69 wrote:

It cannot be turned on or off.  If you have your reticule over an enemy and ADS, you automatically ADS on their body/head

FlamingToast69 wrote:

fvenegasjr wrote:

FlamingToast69 wrote:

It cannot be turned on or off.  If you have your reticule over an enemy and ADS, you automatically ADS on their body/head

Is this for campaign, Botzone and Multiplayer?

fvenegasjr wrote:

FlamingToast69 wrote:

fvenegasjr wrote:

FlamingToast69 wrote:

Is this for campaign, Botzone and Multiplayer?

Yes

I just tried it and while in ADS, I could not get it to lock onto anything. Are you sure your not just mistaking "quickscoping" for the "auto-lock" that you speak of?

I'm not mistaking anything

FlamingToast69 wrote:
I'm not mistaking anything

Well unless I actually move the reticle, it will not track an opposing player either in Multiplayer or Botzone. Maybe this is something that one could have disabled when you first started the game or something.

I have tried even peeking around a corner and then ADS but it will NOT lock on.

You have a video of this possibly?

there is a video on Gamefollower's channel with him exploiting the lock-on glitch. I'll try to find it

lol just watch any of Gamefollower's videos on YT where M82 is involved.