Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: @GGC, About the aiming exploit...

fvenegasjr wrote:

FlamingToast69 wrote:
I'm not mistaking anything

Well unless I actually move the reticle, it will not track an opposing player either in Multiplayer or Botzone. Maybe this is something that one could have disabled when you first started the game or something.

I have tried even peeking around a corner and then ADS but it will NOT lock on.

You have a video of this possibly?

I'm sorry, this is just not that hard to understand.  Almost every FPS has aim assist, Mercs just has a bit more because the vita is harder to aim on.  Here is how it works in literally the simplest way I can explain it.

just stand still and point your gun at like a walkway or something, just use an M82.  When an enemy is walking past, wait for them to be inside of the crosshairs, and then hit L then R.  Do not move any sticks, just a quick L, R.  Aim, fire.  Without aim assist, you would miss because you would ADS in the middle of the crosshairs and since the enemy is moving you will shoot too late, but because of aim assist that first shot will always hit.  This is spammable, and you can hold down R while rapidly tapping L and aiming in their general direction and your gun will keep auto aiming on them.  Try doing that with the semi auto rifle, and you will see what I mean.  Just try the regular tapping L then R with the dart gun, and you will see what I mean because you will never miss

OK, I see what you mean but its not actually tracking the enemy which is what I thought you meant. Also, the reticle has to be actually touching the enemy about the body or shoulders/head area for it to lock on. 

I tried it aiming low around the feet/ankles/legs and it would NOT auto lock on the body/chest. I thought what you were talking about was like Resistance Retribution where it would lock on and track the enemy

fvenegasjr wrote:

OK, I see what you mean but its not actually tracking the enemy which is what I thought you meant. Also, the reticle has to be actually touching the enemy about the body or shoulders/head area for it to lock on. 

I tried it aiming low around the feet/ankles/legs and it would NOT auto lock on the body/chest. I thought what you were talking about was like Resistance Retribution where it would lock on and track the enemy

Yeah its not that crazy, but still an exploit

This does exist, but it's not 100% accurate/exploitable.

Fred_Zap wrote:
This does exist, but it's not 100% accurate/exploitable.

Yes it is, the 1'st shot will always hit.  That makes a pretty nasty exploit for the dart gun which is a 1 shot down, and the semi auto which is a 2 (3) shot kill

Not gonna lie, i use it.. and i think it breaks all fully auto guns (the one for M42 is different but the tracking is so strong you can take your thumb off the right joystick and it will track)

I don't agree with taking down the aim assist for the STA-14 semi auto rifle. To the ones who use it fair, like me, it would really take away the fun of using a different gun for a change. I myself honestly only aim down sights once, and then just spam the trigger. I don't exploit the aim assist. However, not having it at all would make it severely inferior to any other weapon, since those will have the benefit of a much higher possibility to land the first shots right.

In my opinion, the STA-14 should get some system where it only assist once per 1.5 second. This would allow people to land the first shot right, just like with any other gun, and after that they are dependent on their own skills.

I agree with taking away aim assist for the tranquilizer though. It gives way too easy interrogations, and I hate when it's used in other modes. People just use it as a way to get a guaranteed kill.

Highlighted

The aim assist isn't working like this in other console FPS?