Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clans

Hi Guys,

Could someone explain to me why there is no strong and easily accessible clan? I have heard about clans but none of them are easily accessible. Is it due to difficulty in managing a clan since there is no integrated clan system in KZM? No one to do clan wars with? Lack of members? People from different time zones? Advertising complications? Regardless of the issue, is there anyone dedicated and hardworking who is willing to start a clan that will receive minimal support?

Re: Clans

Hi,

I know what you are all thinking. Another failed attempt at creating a clan. Well try to be open about this topic even though I understand it may be quite difficult considering how hard other clans have failed in the past. There are several issues to address which I do not think all clan creators have done. I am simply going to state 6 obvious and simple reasons for why a clan has not been successful and has not been easily accessible for members to join. Through this thread I wish to gauge interest in how many players would be interested in joining my upcoming clan. I am only interested in players who will work hard to shape and establish the clan. Your skill level is not the number one priority although, I would prefer skilled players over average players. 

To start with I am only recruiting a maximum of 3 skilled members who have good communication and will use chat with a microphone. Later I will allow any player to join. Your highest stats that you have achieved all by yourself must be screenshot and posted in the thread. Out of those 3 members there must be 2 members who focus on mainly killsand not points and the other 1 member must be solely focussed on points. The reason why only 1 member needs to be focussed on points is because I am also a points player. This way we have a balancer of killers and point scorers

My highest warzone points by myself: 

http://oi62.tinypic.com/zl6usy.jpg

1) Difficulty in managing a clan as there is no integrated system on Killzone Mercenary. 

I will use Sony's chat system (the obvious one) and all notifications will messaged to clan members. In addition these notifications will also be mirrored on a thread dedicated to our clan on this forum and the official Killzone Mercenary forum.

If you check your emails frequently more than your messages on your PS Vita, I will send it to your email if asked promptly. All notifications will be sent to team members a minimum of 24 hours prior to any matches that may occur. 

2)  Not many clans to do wars with. 

Do not worry because there will always be training among members for killing and accumilating warzone points so that even though you may specialize in killing or getting warzone points, you are still a balanced player and can change priorities and succeed in those rare cases. We will also join matches as a team and verse other players. 

I also plan to break the clan up into several divisions as we get more members based on time zones as it will make it easier for players to all play together at a convenient time. So if you crave for war we can do into between divisions so that as a clan we grow and always increase our skill. 

3) Lack of members. 

This ties in with the advertising of our clan. We will have several steps to take in order to make us known to the killzone mercenary population. To do this our dedicated clan thread on the playstation forums and the killzone mercenary forums must be no.1 when someone types in "killzone mercenary clan". For this to be achieved, we have to increase the number of clicks our thread has and increase our fame as a clan by spreading the word about us and performing well in matches. 

4) People from different time zones. 

As I mentioned in the clan wars issue, as we gain enough players, the clan will be split up into divisions based on timezones so that it will be easier for you to play with members in our clan. Each division will consist of about 4-8 players depending on our size and each division will have a manager who will manage certain things that goes on with that division like when the next match is scheduled. 

5) Advertising complications.

As stated in the lack of members section, we need to advertise through word of mouth, making our threads no.1 when "killzone mercenary clan" is searched up, through videos, competitions with other clans or within our clan, twitter page etc... The killzone mercenary database is not the largest with around 2000 players I believe and if we can get atleast 1.2% of those players in our clan, we can already have a decent and lively clan with 24 members. That is 6 divisions. For a killzone mercenary clan I think that is a pretty decent size. 

6) Lack of dedicated and hardworking people to start a clan with minimal support from scratch. 

There is always a limit to how hard a person works to achieve something but when that person is passionate and hardworking they will generally keep pursuing their goal till it has been reached. I am passionate about starting something useful for a game that could use some have a bit more management. I believe that I will be able to at least start something that will make certain members of the killzone mercenary community happy. Maybe, the best case scenario that we are successful, other people might start and build clans more and then we can have more wars. 

Well that's what I've got to say. If you think you are interested please let me know down below and I will give you a PM. Oh and by the way, I personally do not have an issue what time zones as my sleeping patterns are flexible. 

I also plan on having competitions with prize money between clans and members via PayPal and with middle men so that it will be safer and will give an incentive for people to keep playing. Of course though the ground work has to be set first. :smileyhappy: 

[ Edited ]
Hey man. I see you are really passionate about a Clan system in Kz:M. Unfortunately, GGC has already given an answer as to why there is no clan system in this game.

Unlike other Killzonez, They wanted to please the casual gamer more so than the hardcore one. So they decided that a clan system would have been much too competitive.

Simple as that man. Sorry to say :/

I am sure that I am not the only one who feels that kzm can be a bit more competitive. I only need 3 players. 

But why? Clan system would be so awesome, it would show who are really the best. Stats dont always show who is better, something that also tournaments may show

I'm interested in joining. I'll add a picture sometime this week (not sure when, school and stuff) of my highest points in warzone. I have been looking for a good group to play with for a while, since it gets pretty annoying when your teammates don't care about the actual objectives.

I live in the Netherlands, but my English is pretty decent (if I may say so). I may need to learn a little about tactical communication, since I've never really played any shooter before killzone mercenary. However, I've got some experience with kz:m.

I am basically an all purpose player: If you want me to hunt, I'll hunt. If you want me to go for the objectives, I'll go for the objectives. I could do a combination as well.

About my availability: during the weekends I could play basically anytime, although I do tend to sleep pretty long, until 11:00, and I am generally not available after 22:00. I believe this is respectively 10:00 and 21:00 GMT. From monday to friday I have school and homework, so I won't always be available.

If you still need a name for the clan, I was thinking about the following one: soldiers of nemesis. Nemesis is the Greek goddess of revenge, and it sounds awesome. It's just a suggestion though. 

Ill be getting a new psvita next thursday. I still have my kzm and memory card so if dSmiley Tongue is dead ill join

that is the best news of all time, Saint. Man, I'm excited. Btw dSmiley Tongue isn't dead. Peope still play online. We need to talk on facebook.

Oh by the way d : p is recruiting we have some pretty skilled players. Just send me or jasveer a friend request with the message "d : p" and we'll see how good you are. And yes there are still clan battles to participate in

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, 

I f**ked up... with the lack of interest I kinda scrapped it but I am interested in joining dSmiley Tongue. I will give it a shot. I hope I am good enough and I have not been playing in a while because of life and my vita has not been working but I am finally getting a new one in about a week. Gonna brush up on my skills before attempting to join you guys but just so you know I am pretty much only a points player I don't go for kills.