Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot connect to Killzone.com or access Downloads for KZL

So I finally hooked up my router today and was interested in checking out what the download section had in store for me with Liberation, only to find I continued to get this message for both the Download and Killzone.com section of the menu "there is not enough memory. close a tab or go to [tools] > [settings] > [view settings] and set [conserve memory] feature may help in some cases.". I did everything from turning everything off in the web browser... Images, Flash, Animations, JavaScript and then turning the "Conserve Memory" option on to no avail, I also disabled the cache cause I heard that may help but still nothing. Now I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the fact that when the browser opens it immediately opens to "http://www.killzone.com/kz3/agegate.html" which is apparently so intensive to access with the psp's internal memory even with every single option turned off. I also learned that the "Download" section holds a patch and chapter 5 which I would very much like to play. However I've noticed that most posts on the subject don't go past late 2008... Is it all but impossible to download this patch and extra gameplay now?. Can someone please touch on this subject and help me out? even if to give me some closure in knowing I should give up on my attempts because Liberation is no longer up kept. Thank you.

Re: Cannot connect to Killzone.com or access Downloads for KZL

This MAJOR glitch seems to have just started. I picked-up a PSP w/ Liberation a month ago, got the patch, could get to the site to view unlockables, BUT as of two or three days ago (today is 06/05/2010) I can't anymore and get the same message as you when I try to connect. The "clearing the Internet Browser-memory cache" fixes (deleting cookies, etc) doesn't help. It's on Guerilla's end.

PLEASE GUERILLA, SUPPORT THIS GREAT LITTLE GAME AND "HELP US OBI-WAN!!"

While it is disappointing news, I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing this... Yes Guerilla save us, save us all!

Besides this issue being brought up on the Killzone Forums, I've just posted an email regarding this to Sony Corp as well.
I encourage players with this problem to do the same. (Single Voice=Bad, Thundering-Herd=Good)
Sony and I have traded many an email in the past and in the long run they have always managed to come through. (Yes, I pestered them!)
We're talking unlockable content and an important software patch here, in this economy, you gotta fight for your rights, ya' know?

Long Live Helghan!!

Down With The Vektan Infidels!!

Liberation 2 after Killzone 3, perhaps?

But PLEASE, for the love of all that's holy, NO "Helghast" cameo in the next Hannah Montana Game! Enough cameos, PLEASE! Keep Helghast appearances COOL and RARE!

Re : Cannot connect to Killzone.com or access Downloads for KZL

There is an alternate way to install the patch:
-get this file and extract it http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8CGARBM
-copy the PSP directory on your PSP, overwrite if you're prompted to.
If you have the european version of Killzone, you'll have to manually create a directory called UCES00279 in \PSP\GAME\ and move the EBOOT.PBP into it.
Leave CHAPTER5.BIN in \PSP\GAME\UCUS98646
Start the game as usual, select "Downloads", the browser will start, exit it by pressing O, the patch installer should start, follow the on-screen instructions.
The game will restart, "v1.2" is displayed in the bottom-left corner of the main menu.
The chapter 5 "Root of Evil" is now accessible in the "Campaign" menu.

Re: Re : Cannot connect to Killzone.com or access Downloads for KZL

That sounds really complicated. Well, not too complicated, but it should not be expected suffice as an "official" solution to this current problem.

I too, would also like to download this patch for the PSP, and i would like Sony to make it available.

Please help us out here Sony.

Thanks for this topic! I've got the same problems with the downloads, and I thought it was about damage on my PSP or Memorystick. But it's Guerilla. I love the game, so I hate this problem! Smiley Sad

There is an alternate way to install the patch:
-get this file and extract it http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8CGARBM
-copy the PSP directory on your PSP, overwrite if you’re prompted to.
If you have the european version of Killzone, you’ll have to manually create a directory called UCES00279 in \PSP\GAME\ and move the EBOOT.PBP into it.
Leave CHAPTER5.BIN in \PSP\GAME\UCUS98646
Start the game as usual, select "Downloads", the browser will start, exit it by pressing O, the patch installer should start, follow the on-screen instructions.
The game will restart, "v1.2" is displayed in the bottom-left corner of the main menu.
The chapter 5 "Root of Evil" is now accessible in the "Campaign" menu.

DOES THIS WORK?? I've tried it with other files, but it has no effect....

no my friend it doesnt work, i have the patch on my psp 3000 and it works fine right now, but my bro's psp has the same problem that u guys have cuz he didnt have the patch before this happen, i put the patch i had with my psp 3000 to my bro's psp but as soon as u start the game a messege comes up "the content is corrupted and can not install" some messege like that, so no luck now, its in guerrilla's hands now

Re : Re: Re : Cannot connect to Killzone.com or access Downloads for KZL

[ Edited ]
DutchPasQ, most of the other files available (and believe me, I found a good bnunch of them) are a copy of the installed patch on someone else's PSP, thus it can't work because the patch is signed for the PSP during the install, wich is why Barajas_201's method doesn't work (copying signed content for his PSP to another PSP)
I tried with both UMDs before posting on the forum, and I can assure you it works fine, the installation begin when you close the browser, the file is then signed for your PSP and that's it, please try it and post afterwards.

Of course, a better alternative would be for Guerilla to fix the problem, but see it that way, it's faster to download the file from a computer than using the PSP's wifi anyway.

You have to make sure that you have 3 battery bars (atleast 70-75%), or the update install won't start, or rather, it will inform you that it can't proceed.

SavijMuhdrux , you have to copy two files to the memory stick and start the game, I wouldn't call that complicated...
Message modifié par lolo486 le 06-07-2010 08:01 PM