Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

 


COWBOY4CHRIST wrote:

Please don't get rid of the "Camera" assist mode in Multiplayer. Using the Sharp Shooter would be too frustrating to use without it. It's only natural to turn your head and follow a target in real life without you having to think about it and the camara assist helps with the frustration of how hard it is to turn with the Move. Now I can focus on aiming without the frustration of the Move, which in my opinion, balances it out with the regular controller.


I disagree. The Sharpshooter is simply pretty **bleep** useless outside of the campaign. The immersion factor is NOT worth it compared to efficiency and accuracy when playing MP. Playing with just the Move and the nav controller works BEAUTIFULLY. So well in fact that I never use the iron sight in MP. No need to.

 

Member
Posts: 73
Registered: ‎05-28-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

 


kissdadookie wrote:

 


COWBOY4CHRIST wrote:

Please don't get rid of the "Camera" assist mode in Multiplayer. Using the Sharp Shooter would be too frustrating to use without it. It's only natural to turn your head and follow a target in real life without you having to think about it and the camara assist helps with the frustration of how hard it is to turn with the Move. Now I can focus on aiming without the frustration of the Move, which in my opinion, balances it out with the regular controller.


I disagree. The Sharpshooter is simply pretty **bleep** useless outside of the campaign. The immersion factor is NOT worth it compared to efficiency and accuracy when playing MP. Playing with just the Move and the nav controller works BEAUTIFULLY. So well in fact that I never use the iron sight in MP. No need to.

 


 

well that´s wrong as well.. how did GG did this?

 

if i don´t use the ironsight with the DS my bullets will spread all over the place. I have to use ironsight unless i have the enemy 2 mts away.

 

With Move you don´t have this??? i didn´t play move since im still waiting for my copy, but it´s a HUGE mistake if there are no recoil or bullet spread. This things makes unfair conditions with Move and DS... and not the move itself.

 

GG please if you want to keep both players on same server, let them play with the same rules.

 

What they were thinking Smiley Frustrated

Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

[ Edited ]

 


booker2121 wrote:

 


 

well that´s wrong as well.. how did GG did this?

 

if i don´t use the ironsight with the DS my bullets will spread all over the place. I have to use ironsight unless i have the enemy 2 mts away.

 

With Move you don´t have this??? i didn´t play move since im still waiting for my copy, but it´s a HUGE mistake if there are no recoil or bullet spread. This things makes unfair conditions with Move and DS... and not the move itself.

 

GG please if you want to keep both players on same server, let them play with the same rules.

 

What they were thinking Smiley Frustrated


 

There's iron sight with the Move. I'm just saying that if there is a camera lock assist (which from what I've been reading, there is, I haven't experienced this since I don't play sniper and I don't use the iron sight), they should remove the camera lock assist because it's a bit like cheating and it's not neccessary. There's a bit of recoil it feels like but it's not as extreme as when using the normal controller but then again, the Move is super sensitive so unless you have really steady hands (I'm talking about as steady as a tripod), that cursor jumps around a bit (but very manageable). If they take the camera lock assist for iron sight/scope view out, then it will be very even grounds in terms of features for both regular controller and Move.

 

Sharpshooter though, blegh. I have one, fun for the campaign and co-op but it's more of a pain in the tush to use in MP than it is to just use the nav + Move.

 

The real advantage to using the Move is how quickly you can point that cursor. The advantage is due completely to the hardware rather than the game itself. I don't feel that it's fair to set up separate rooms for move and regular controller users though. Don't blame Move players having better accuracy because nobody is stopping anybody from buying the Move. It's like wanting separate rooms for people with a better mouse and keyboard than what you are using (when playing PC shooters).

 

I mean, for custom matches, yeah, include a option for regular controller only or Move only matches. For ranked matches, I don't think the two types of controls should have separate rooms. If your equipment sucks, get the better equipment, simple as that.

Member
Posts: 73
Registered: ‎05-28-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

my questino is..

 

when you shot with the DS without Irsonsight, the bullets go everwhere.

If i do the same thing with the Move.. does the bullets go as accurate as if i were using the ironsight?

Because from the demo i don´t remember the move crosshair to expand when firing.

 

This is not good if is true.

What´s the point of using the ironsight if the crosshair will be deadly accurate while shooting?

While shoot short burst, if the Move is deadly accurate without it?

 

Could somone explain me if this is the case?

Member
Posts: 1,231
Registered: ‎06-05-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

 


booker2121 wrote:

my questino is..

 

when you shot with the DS without Irsonsight, the bullets go everwhere.

If i do the same thing with the Move.. does the bullets go as accurate as if i were using the ironsight?

Because from the demo i don´t remember the move crosshair to expand when firing.

 

This is not good if is true.

What´s the point of using the ironsight if the crosshair will be deadly accurate while shooting?

While shoot short burst, if the Move is deadly accurate without it?

 

Could somone explain me if this is the case?

yes and no

if you have rumble on the move set to on, you do get recoil (rumble effects the gyros)

if you turn off the rumble the spread is alot smaller

i love the rumble and the recoil yu get though, feels more realistic

 

Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

[ Edited ]

 


booker2121 wrote:

my questino is..

 

when you shot with the DS without Irsonsight, the bullets go everwhere.

If i do the same thing with the Move.. does the bullets go as accurate as if i were using the ironsight?

Because from the demo i don´t remember the move crosshair to expand when firing.

 

This is not good if is true.

What´s the point of using the ironsight if the crosshair will be deadly accurate while shooting?

While shoot short burst, if the Move is deadly accurate without it?

 

Could somone explain me if this is the case?


 

With the Move there is still bullet spread and any movement/recoil is highly controllable because with the Move you're controlling the cursor somewhat independent to the camera. Any recoil, bullet spread, etc. can be controlled easily with the Move but it's not easy to control with the standard controller (but doable since you can anticipate the recoil and spread and thus move the right stick accordingly).

 

With the controller, the camera moves with the cursor. This is necessary for the Move because of how sensitive the Move is. If the reticule was locked 1:1 with the camera like how the regular controller is set up, it makes the game unplayable because your screen will be going everywhere. So if you can imagine, what you have with the Move is a hubrid of FPS + light gun game style cursor control. It's basically as accurate as (if not more so) using a keyboard and mouse setup for PC shooters. We all know that in control pad vs. keyboard and mouse scenarios, keyboard and mouse wins. There's not much they can do on the software side because apart from the camera lock assist in MP, it comes down strictly to different types of control hardware.

 

Basically, no matter how you look at it, the Move is deadly accurate due to it being like a mouse. Simple as that. If you don't want to get the Move, then you have to learn how to control the right stick to negate the effects of recoil and bullet spread. Really no unfair advantage and the game is designed properly and besides the camera lock assist, it's more or less even playing grounds for both regular control users and Move users.

Member
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎02-09-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

booker2121

 

I've played with both and although MOVE is really nice it has no advantage, check my stats they are 100% with the MOVE, I love how it feels but I am much better with DS. As for no using iron sights you don't have to with the DS, killzone is the most hip fire friendly game there is, just chek the videos people only use iron sights when pointing  far away, see the engineer video from this site (it's made with a DS) and you'll understand that using MOVE or DS is the same when it cames to hip aiming.

 

People really... stop arguing about wich is better, enjoy the game.

 

Cheers

Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-01-2011
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else had the problem where the cursor drifts farther and farther to the right after you calibrate it?

 

Here is a video of someone with the same issue I am experiencing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpbT68wYsc

 

As soon as I calibrate my controller all I have to do is use it for a second or two and you can watch the crosshair slide to the right like halfway across the screen and stay there until a recalibration. This happens consistently for me every time I play. I have tried recalibration in the XMB menu, as well as hitting the reset button on the move controller along with trying 50 different camera angles, and lighting conditions. Calibrating the controller pointing it to the right of the camera just make it stay centered for like 3 seconds longer than normal.

 

This does not happen on Dead Space: Extraction, or The Fight: Lights Out.

Modern Combat seems to lose calibration the second the pointer leaves the screen lol. Sadness Smiley Sad

Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

 


Guedovsky wrote:

booker2121

 

I've played with both and although MOVE is really nice it has no advantage, check my stats they are 100% with the MOVE, I love how it feels but I am much better with DS. As for no using iron sights you don't have to with the DS, killzone is the most hip fire friendly game there is, just chek the videos people only use iron sights when pointing  far away, see the engineer video from this site (it's made with a DS) and you'll understand that using MOVE or DS is the same when it cames to hip aiming.

 

People really... stop arguing about wich is better, enjoy the game.

 

Cheers


I totally agree. It comes down to preference. I've grew up playing on the PC so the Move is the console equivalent dream of getting the same experience on a console.

 

Member
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎03-01-2009
0

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

The move makes this game just so much more fun, you'll never want to use ds again.