Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

thanks a lot for posting despite your embarassment.  I was having the exact same problem with the pump-action.  when adding new functions to controllers like alternate triggers and what-not, remapping should be a must-have.

F1nestOne wrote:

Can you give details?

I just had to log off because my cursor was constantly drifting to the left. It's so annoying, my arms get tired enough, having to aim off centered makes my arms strain even more.

What possible solutioins do we have to fix the drifitng for the time being?

search through posts made by me, I've made several and quite honestly don't have the energy to retype it lol

ok here it is

Re: Please help with Sharpshooter controls

I use it and it's great! but be prepared for a steep learning curve, you're going to have to tweak the options to your exact liking but here's what I started with/currently have

0 x axis deadzone

40 y axis deadzone (once I adjusted to the controls I too put this at 0)

40% turn speed (again adjust this as you see fit)

10% crosshair (this GREATLY depends on how you calibrate

calibration :

first off, when it says "point" to the PS eye, keep the gun parallel with the ground and aim STRAIGHT at the eye.  Then find a stationary spot (like a chair) to comfortably play from because as you move, the calibration will change (physically) so a chair helps anchor you. now center the gun where YOU want the crosshairs to be centered (i.e. i hold my gun parallel to the ground and about 2 feet below the center of my TV, but this is where I am comfortable having my crosshairs centered so when I hold the sharpshooter 2 feet below my TV I calibrate so that is "center".  Then from that postion when it says to shoot the upper left target, I keep the butt of the gun anchored and point to about 2 feet below it (relative to how far your "center" is from the actual center of your TV) then the same for the lower right target.  I feel out the crosshairs when it's done, rinse repeat if necessary.

For the controls.  trigger is fire, under the trigger is the "move" button (crouch)  square=jump, triangle=change weapon, X = respawn and a few prompts if I remember right, circle=objectives, and melee is punching forward which you will get used to and if not, they are adding a melee button soon to the control scheme.  also "pumping" the gun reloads, as does the RL button on the bottom of the magazine on the gun.  L1 on the move is the grenade/proximity button, L2 is aim assist and tap to toggle ADS (although this has 100% deadzone so I rarely use it)

other than that practice practice practice.  I suggest ascending botzone difficulties just a few times with different calibrations until you find what's right for you.  Hope this helps and if you have any further questions and a mic, friend me and I'll walk you through it.  Hope this helps!

Hello I play with SharpShooter and it works fine. Its about calibration and training to get good with move. BUT PLEASE DISABLE AUTOAIM/AIMASSIST IN MP!! its so easy to kill and spot enemys.. its like an build in AIMBOT!! why bother with cheating if there is one build in... and could you add melee to the sharpshooters pump action? I think this is way better than circle.

Move is not balanced in multiplayer i do twice as good with it compared to ds3 and i am SURE others do just as good with it.Are you going to  make seperate rooms for ds3 and move?cause if not the game is broken! 

I think it would be a good idea to add some icon in the list of players in MP mode, so we all could know who is using Move and who DS3. Then we all would really have a chance to get an own opinion if playing with Move is easyer and more effective.

Fiferon wrote:

I think it would be a good idea to add some icon in the list of players in MP mode, so we all could know who is using Move and who DS3. Then we all would really have a chance to get an own opinion if playing with Move is easyer and more effective.

Just ry a Move and find out for yourself. This is a stupid idea and would just further the ridiculous debate over seperating the 2 types of players. If you really think the Move users have such a great advantage I suggest buying one yourself and using it too.

Although I'll warn you that you may be a little disappointed with your results.

The problem with something like this is that you would pay attention to every Move user who killed you and pretty soon you would be even more convinced that the Move is an evil weapon in the hands of any video game player. It's nnot necessary at all for any of us to know who uses what because the developers have tools for gathering all this info and any data they need to see whether the Move is actually an unbalanced controller or not. 

I have no doubt they will monitor the data they get and if it's ever a real issue that Move users are totally dominatoing the game then something will be done. But I play other shooters that have Move users and DS3 users in the same battle and I can assure you that there is no great advantage Move users have over DS3 users. And like I said...if you think there is an advantage to using the Move...BUY ONE! Problem solved!

Please don't get rid of the "Camera" assist mode in Multiplayer. Using the Sharp Shooter would be too frustrating to use without it. It's only natural to turn your head and follow a target in real life without you having to think about it and the camara assist helps with the frustration of how hard it is to turn with the Move. Now I can focus on aiming without the frustration of the Move, which in my opinion, balances it out with the regular controller.

[ Edited ]

COWBOY4CHRIST wrote:

Please don't get rid of the "Camera" assist mode in Multiplayer. Using the Sharp Shooter would be too frustrating to use without it. It's only natural to turn your head and follow a target in real life without you having to think about it and the camara assist helps with the frustration of how hard it is to turn with the Move. Now I can focus on aiming without the frustration of the Move, which in my opinion, balances it out with the regular controller.

DS users don´t have this option. I strongly believe MP should be the most even field as possible. I vote to add or remove all feature that are not on both sides.This thinds do give Move players an advantage.

On the other hand i don´t find move to be a advantage over DS, actually i played a lot worst with the move than with the DS.

I play KZ3 with Move and I am against separating players. I do not think controllers /Move and DS3/ are unbalanced but I am just curious, how specific players I am gaming with, cope with Move. First of all I need to know who is playing with what.