Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

I have absolutely no problems using the move, works like a dream...

I have a couple suggestions that may help someone:

1. You may have to use completely different settings using the Sharp Shooter vs. using the Move controls free hand.  I use the default controls for the Sharp Shooter, but if I go free hand I take the deadzone down quite a bit and increase the sensitivity.

2. when you calibrate the controls, make sure you are calibrating from your "gaming position".  If you don't hold the Sharp Shooter to your shoulder while you play, don't calibrate it while holding it to your shoulder.  Same goes with free hand controls, keep them to your side while calibrating, not holding them out in front of you.  This isn't like the old school light gun games where you can look down the sights, it's geared towards intuitive movements that happen to be 1:1

I hope this helps a few people.

Some advice on the sharpshooter, stay away from it. I started playing KZ3 MP with the sharpshooter and I was pretty disappointed in the move in general. That is until I ditched the sharpshooter. The sharpshooter may seem like a great accessory but it actually hinders you in MP in most situations.

While using the sharpshooter I found it very hard to navigate a lot of the levels, espectially levels with a lot fo stairwells, verticals and the like. The sharpshooter (and having a hand forward on the nav control) takes too long to swing around and your movement are slowed and very deliberate. Without it you can navigate stairs and such quicker because you can turn 180 degress with just a flick of the wrist. It almost would have been better for them to somehow sit the move further back in the gun to allow quicker movements.

Using the sharpshooter I was generally middle of the pack in MP. Dropping the sharpshooter and just using the move I instantly jumped to top 3 in almost all games. So great if you're guarding a long hallways, bad if you have to quickly navigate a level.

[ Edited ]

I have play MP with the Move and DS3, I know the pro/cons equal each other out. I think the Move with any assist makes the usability go down dramatically because the configuaration goes away about 5 seconds after setting it and turning and close quarters tactics are out the window with the Move. I say leave it as is and let people just play, Stop catering to all the COD N00bs out there that want this to be like every other shooter...This is KILLZONE NOT COD. Be inovative and stick to your guns. The first patch released changed the game enough to **bleep** off tons of fans, now you are doing the same thing. Cater to the COD fans and they will play the game for a month or two then move on to the next shooter to come out, Cater to your KZ2 fan base and you can carry them to your next installment in the franchise...Loyal fans last long than bandwagon shooters fans and this origianl KZ fan wants the Move the way it is, its advantage forces people to rethink stratagy and play smart rather than run and gun some some other above mentioned shooter.

By seperating the community you will have basically lost all Move users in general. I would stop using it and would never have purchased the Sharpshooter if I knew I would not be able to play with my friends or find enough Move players to fill up a game. Seperating Move and DS3 would be the beginning of the end for all Move shooter games across all PS3 titles. Don't be that company that destroys Sonys reason for creating the Sharpshooter.

Hey long time viewer first time poster.  Gotta say, some massive griping about the sharpshooter/move here.  While I agree that it is finicky and flawed in some respects (calibration is a pain & turning sucks with my set-up), but seriously I still have fun with it.  That tactile feel of aiming the gun and sqeezing the trigger to kill mo fos is just fantastic.  Despite what a few posters have said I do look down the "sights" of the gun and it follows the cross hair decently enough (cross hair lags to pointed location a bit sometimes).  I do this by using the XMB move calibration first then aiming lower than the targets to line it up properly.  I also noticed that when the crosshair does go out of calibration pointing the gun straight up and then back on target again straightens it right out.  Must take out some of the minor error generated in the positioning devices (gryoscopic or magenometer dealies).   Try that if you have issues....a bit annoying, but pretty minor for the fun factor involved.....pretty much like all playstation stuff....buggy.   

I have the sharpshooter and had zero issues playing with it. I thought my calibration was getting off until I discovered that my playtation eye was moving slighly from speaker vibration. I secured it down and now it always stays calibrated. Thos of you having issues may want to put some double sided tape on the bottom of your camera just to make sure it is not moving. I have read that many of you are having issues, but for me it works excellent. I have not had to turn off the magnetometer and it works great  regardless of wether or not I have the lights on. I played for around 4 hours straight yesterday and the calibration stayed true the entire time.

no issues here, after i figured out how to calibrate it properly, it was VERY easy, and fixed the drifting issues easily.  I also sit in a chair now which makes the calibration stick for hours and hours of gameplay.  I will admit I spend about 5 minutes everytime I turn it on calibrating it to be just right though.

Can you give details?

I just had to log off because my cursor was constantly drifting to the left. It's so annoying, my arms get tired enough, having to aim off centered makes my arms strain even more.

What possible solutioins do we have to fix the drifitng for the time being?

F1nestOne wrote:

Can you give details?

I just had to log off because my cursor was constantly drifting to the left. It's so annoying, my arms get tired enough, having to aim off centered makes my arms strain even more.

One thing I did was reset the controllers - there's a small button on the back of each controller you'll need a pin of some sort to get to it.  It seemed to help, but it still drifts from time to time.

GG YOU HAVE FAILED TO ADDRESS OUR CALIBRATION ISSUE, CALIBRATION LOSS WAS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MAG AND THAT WAS MADE BY TERRIBLE DEV'S.

On the other hand I'm very relieved to see they've realized the deadspace for scopes/irons is aweful.

Abaddonseven wrote:

F1nestOne wrote:

Can you give details?

One thing I did was reset the controllers - there's a small button on the back of each controller you'll need a pin of some sort to get to it.  It seemed to help, but it still drifts from time to time.

GG YOU HAVE FAILED TO ADDRESS OUR CALIBRATION ISSUE, CALIBRATION LOSS WAS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MAG AND THAT WAS MADE BY TERRIBLE DEV'S.

On the other hand I'm very relieved to see they've realized the deadspace for scopes/irons is aweful.

I 2nd the highlighted area!

I can't believe you guys won't even comment on this issue even though it's most surely the number 1 issue with the Move right now.