Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

I've been trialling the Sharpshooter in botzone and my biggest complaint is with the reload. There are 4 options

* pressing the button - can be hard to find in the heat of the moment

* hitting the reload button on the bottom of the 'ammo case' - never used it because you have to take your hand off the Navcon

* flicking the gun - same as the reload for the Move - works fine

* pumping the section that has the Navcon - this is great, but its very sensitive, in the heat of the moment, if you move it a tiny bit the gun reloads as you are trynig to turn...

I'd love to be able to remap the sharpshooter so the pump action is actually melee. that would work fine for me because I find melee to be extremely difficult with the Sharpshooter as it is.

dessy wrote:

I've been trialling the Sharpshooter in botzone and my biggest complaint is with the reload. There are 4 options

* pressing the button - can be hard to find in the heat of the moment

* hitting the reload button on the bottom of the 'ammo case' - never used it because you have to take your hand off the Navcon

* flicking the gun - same as the reload for the Move - works fine

* pumping the section that has the Navcon - this is great, but its very sensitive, in the heat of the moment, if you move it a tiny bit the gun reloads as you are trynig to turn...

I'd love to be able to remap the sharpshooter so the pump action is actually melee. that would work fine for me because I find melee to be extremely difficult with the Sharpshooter as it is.

That might work with the pump action working as melee instead. I was thinking using the twist option for reloading as melee. One thing's certain, melee needs changed on the Sharpshooter...the stabbing motion is awkward and inaccurate.

The one thing that needs worked out on the Sharpshooter/Move first is the reticle tracking. I don't know how this thing actually made it into the game in its current state. As for me and many others I've spoken to/heard from the entire Move and Sharpshooter is completely unuseable in the game as it stands. You can't use an aiming tool that has you pointing 5 feet away from your TV just to get the reticle centered. It's ridiculous and unacceptable.

ive not had a single problem with either the move or sharpshooter, its lost centre once or twice i think, then i just recalibrated it or switched the conroller on/off and it was fine

sorry to hear that

INCUBA3E wrote:

ive not had a single problem with either the move or sharpshooter, its lost centre once or twice i think, then i just recalibrated it or switched the conroller on/off and it was fine

sorry to hear that

Not had a single problem and "it's lost it's center once or twice" are two completely seperate statements. If you have to recalibrate or switch it on/off in the middle of play then something is obviously wrong with the setup and needs to be addressed. What you are describing is the same thing we are all experiencing and I'm actually experiencing it every game making the Move unuseable in this game since it makes the game unplayable.

Also, to those responding to this thread...if you haven't noticed this was written and posted on the 22nd. It doesn't seem to be any new info on the current situation with the Move/Sharpshooter. I'm unaware of any statement or acknowledgement that they are doing anything about the issue of the Move reticle slipping out of calibration.

Regardless of a few who claim to not be having a problem with this, there is a large portion of us attempting to play this game with the Move/Sharpshooter to no avail. It's simply impossible to play when the on screen reticle constantly slides out of alignment. Many have posted about this issue and there are videos on Youtube showing in pretty good detail the problem we are having. It's really unacceptable and absolutely must be addressed immediately.

bilbo_fragins wrote:

First, thanks to everyone who provided us with Playstation Move feedback.

We apologize for the minimal responses to the Move feedback, but rest assured we read through all the posts and will be making updates based on the feedback.

I’ll start by explaining a few things and answering some questions:

- Adaptive zoom - Is a mix of “toggle zoom” and “hold to zoom”; Holding the button down triggers the “hold to zoom” functionality, and tapping the zoom button quickly triggers a “zoom toggle”

- The zoom mode can only be set when you are not using a lock mode; during the lock modes zooming is dependent on the distance of the target.

- When you are using a lock mode however we do still provide “toggle zoom” which can be activated by  quickly tapping the zoom button

- The Jump functionality on the Sharpshooter will be on one of the buttons above the trigger

- You can quickly go to the calibration screen by holding down the select button

We are in the process of addressing the following issues that will make their way into a future patch:

- Button for melee (on the circle button)

- The option to swap L1 and L2 in the controller menu

- Limiting the way camera lock assist can be used to acquire targets in MP

- The over-sensitive camera turn speed of the jetpack  in single player

We are investigating the following issues and currently have no ETA or guarantees for future solutions, but we are definitely looking into ways to improve/address these topics:

- Lock assist locking on to downed players

- More control over the sensitivity of camera turn speed and reticule movement

- More deadzone tweaking options, like tweaking the zoomed dead zones and possibly the outer dead zones

- Center locked aiming

Look for more details in the future. Once again, thanks for your patience and your feedback!

The Killzone Multiplayer & Move Team

sweet. we have wanted this since we first played the game., 

you also need to look at what happens when you aim downsights, move the cursor, then come out of ads mode. its a nightmare as the cursor flies all over the place, this needs fixing asap as at the moment it is broken. 

stargiss wrote:

Regardless of a few who claim to not be having a problem with this, there is a large portion of us attempting to play this game with the Move/Sharpshooter to no avail. It's simply impossible to play when the on screen reticle constantly slides out of alignment. Many have posted about this issue and there are videos on Youtube showing in pretty good detail the problem we are having. It's really unacceptable and absolutely must be addressed immediately.

Hey, you might want to give TTP's (of iWaggle fame) suggestions a try which were meant for DS:Extraction, but address the same problem:

- Turn on the PS3 with the camera connected.

- Go to the accessory settings > camera settings in the XMB and check the camera video feed in the preview window.

- If the preview feed shows some artifacts (horizontal scanlines), disconnect and reconnect the camera USB cable right there.

- If the above fixes the artifacts, check Extraction and tell me how it goes.

Also, resetting the console to default settings has helped some people.

Move Thread on NeoGaf

stargiss wrote:

INCUBA3E wrote:

sorry to hear that

Not had a single problem and "it's lost it's center once or twice" are two completely seperate statements. If you have to recalibrate or switch it on/off in the middle of play then something is obviously wrong with the setup and needs to be addressed. What you are describing is the same thing we are all experiencing and I'm actually experiencing it every game making the Move unuseable in this game since it makes the game unplayable.

Also, to those responding to this thread...if you haven't noticed this was written and posted on the 22nd. It doesn't seem to be any new info on the current situation with the Move/Sharpshooter. I'm unaware of any statement or acknowledgement that they are doing anything about the issue of the Move reticle slipping out of calibration.

a 5sec fix isnt a problem really (to me), i only use the move or sharpshooter since release, and in all that time, once or twice isnt that bad or even a problem, the ps3 has froze more that its lost calibration, most people seem to have this problem constantly though, and that really doe suck for you lot. but its ot everyone

GuilhermeB wrote:

@mummy - don't worry dude, move players got nothing on ds3. I got the move yesterday and came to the conclusion that there's no way in hell a guy with that is going to beat me using a ds3. too bad i'm not a woman, or i might find a use for that crap. as it stands, its sitting in a drawer gathering dust.

i can outaim you with a move very easily. unfortunately movement is poor on the move until they fix the cursor. 

do you need your aim assist on the ds3 then?

the move makes consoles almost as good for fps as a pc. and the sharpshooter is a lot of fun to use, even the mrs was playing last night (offline as servers were down for 2 hours AGAIN). all assists off btw

Littlegentleman wrote:

Bilbo, please consider that when using the sharpshooter the "O" button is inaccessible for melee, perhaps it will map to a more accessible button for the sharpshooter?

all buttons should be completely reconfigurable. i think it will be pretty much forced soon due to people with dissabilities etc, 

pcs have had fully editable configs for YEARS, why is the ps3 20 years behind pcs?

[ Edited ]

I play with the Move because i find it more enjoyable but when ever i jump in a jetpack and certain turrents on campaign (haven't tried it on multiplayer) the deadzone seems to instantly change and it's very frustrating.

I can't play online like this so this is jsut an appeal to have it fixed, thanks.