Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: PlayStation Move & Sharpshooter Support [Patches]

The lock on has something that really bugs me. You can't do the hold zoom with lock on turned on unless there is an enemy in front of you and it's not even that far of a distance so they can snipe you from about 8 yards and you will have to do the no zoom shoot which is hard to begin with. I suggest adding a lock mode with hold zoom functioning or make the lock on distance slightly farther. I don't mean so far you can get snipers that are far away, just far enough that it's fair against controller players.

I think I know what the problem is. While trying to turn to follow a target and aim at the same time, you have to move the cursor further than the center of the screen in the direction you want to turn in order for the screen to turn. It's hard to not over compensate and move past the target just to get the screen to turn, so you end up with a rubber band effect. With the normal controller, you don't have this problem. If the cursor would stay in the exact center of the screen without moving like using the normal controller, then this rubber band effect wouldn't happen, but that's impossible according to the current settings available on all current games that use the Move.

Using the Camera assist IS available in Killzone 3 multiplayer because I think the developers realize that it is much harder to turn and aim at distant moving targets than it is with the regular controller. I don't use the "Camera" assist at up close targets, because it will make you dizzy as the target moves. The Camera assist is meant to help and mid to long range MOVING targets and it helps make the Sharp Shooter less frustrating to use for the average gamer... so please don't remove the "Camera" assist from multiplayer!

booker2121 wrote:

COWBOY4CHRIST wrote:

Please don't get rid of the "Camera" assist mode in Multiplayer. Using the Sharp Shooter would be too frustrating to use without it. It's only natural to turn your head and follow a target in real life without you having to think about it and the camara assist helps with the frustration of how hard it is to turn with the Move. Now I can focus on aiming without the frustration of the Move, which in my opinion, balances it out with the regular controller.

DS users don´t have this option. I strongly believe MP should be the most even field as possible. I vote to add or remove all feature that are not on both sides.This thinds do give Move players an advantage.

On the other hand i don´t find move to be a advantage over DS, actually i played a lot worst with the move than with the DS.

My point exactly! This is the reason they need to keep the "Camera" assist.

About the DS3/Move separation topic...

It is way too early to make any judgements on that as there is a plethora of considerations playing into the topic. Just to name a few:

• Individual overall skill level of the player
  • Individual DS3 skill level vs. Move skill level
  • Class/Player specific gameplay (Support, Frontline Combat, Sniping,...)
  • Map layout (narrow corridors vs. wide open spaces)
  • Skill level on the teams (i.e. you might perform worse subjectively just because the other team is better)
  • Network connectivity (i.e. lag)
All these things may differ from one match to another and it would be very narrow minded to judge the Move vs. DS3 topic at this time without some long-term data.
Personally, I have won warzone matches with the Move as #1 with 12000 points, but I also lost some with barely scratching the 1000 point mark. All of this depending on the factors named above.
If we don't see Move players suddenly occupy the complete top 100 (which I highly doubt), then it is a moot point to discuss any tweaks now.
For the most part, you can't even tell if another player is using the Move at all and just judging from one's personal experience while playing with it is simply not enough. If you think that you are better, then maybe this particular control method is simply better suited for you. Other players think the same about the DS3.
I would understand it if there was a "push button to auto-kill the enemy" feature, but as of now you still need to think strategically for yourself, aim for yourself and are more at a disadvantage when using camera lock as you are giving up the ability to manually control ADS.

Don't do this, (or if you do, make it optional) there isn't much difference in advantag between the

Move + DS3, I use move and I still come top of the board 75% of the time, I get just as many killls as I would using the DS3. theres no need to seperate these players.

You're wrong too. So if im enjoying myself using the move I cant play with my friends? and I have to use the controller? bad idea.

What many people dont seem to understand is that DS3 can't have the same assist options as the Move. Imagine the camera lock option being available for DS3 users , it will automatically turn into a Aim assist, as DS3 camera movement has no deadzone as the Move.

The same would happen if GG would make the Move camera turn the same as the Ds3 one does : simultaneously with the crosshair (aka no deadzone).; there would not be possible (or necessary) to have a camera lock assist, because with 0 deadzone the camera lock assist will turn into Aim assist.

So either keep the camera lock assist  or make the Move camera turn as the Ds3 one does.

So to all the DS3 users complaining over the Move "adavantages"  is clear to me that you haven't tried to play with the Move yet, or you are too ignorant to see the difference between the two.

You want the same options for DS3 as the Move has? well it's not possible to have the camera lock assist for obvious reasons, and NO you don't want to have your crosshair moving all over the screen before the camera turns.

So we can't make Ds3  having the same options as Move, for obvious reasons, but cat we have the Move with the same options as the DS3 ? As somene previously mentioned , the move with no deadzone would be equal to having a mouse/keyboard control , thus being an advantage over the Ds3 users = move ppl complaining about the Move.

Seems this become Sticky right after my post, i must of hit the nail or something.

minimize wrote:

Seems this become Sticky right after my post, i must of hit the nail or something.

Sorry, but this thread is a sticky since the weekend ;-)

[ Edited ]

I use the move with the sharpshooter when doing multiplayer every time, after about a week of it i dont notice too much of a difference between using that and the ds3, I also prefer to have the screen lock turned off since it screws you up when there are a bunch of people around and locks on to the wrong one and it pulls your view around and turns off the hold for ADS option

my settings with the sharpshooter are 20, 20, 10, 20 with vibration off

it seems like the best combination of easy turning and a little bit of the ability to aim at whats on screen without tunring and disorienting yourself again

screen lock is not an unfair advantage yall are just projecting frustration on something you cant prove, like when you are playing angry birds and think the game is intentionally bending physics to mess with you

Get your Portable ID!