Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Team

Patch 1.14 freezing issues

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Some of you have reported a peculiar issue with the latest Killzone 3 patch - specifically, the game freezes after the Move screen. While we haven't been able to reproduce the issue in-house, we have set up a crash logging server which collects crash data after you reset the game.

If you're affected by this issue, please take the following steps:

1. Start up Killzone 3 (with patch 1.14 installed) and proceed past the Move screen. The game should freeze.
  2. Reset the PlayStation by holding the Power button. Doing so will send the crash log to our server.
  3. Take note of the exact time of the crash, and post it in this thread along with your timezone (e.g. PST, EST, GMT, etc.).

This process will help us determine the cause of the problem. Please do not post about other issues in this thread, as it will make it more difficult for us to collect useful data. Thank you for your cooperation, and apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Regards,

Ginrai

Re: Patch 1.14 freezing issues

[ Edited ]
Thank you so much for this, the issue has been bugging me as I just want to play the game. I have already logged this as per your instructions, and I look forward to it being resolved.

Edit: I done the crash log again, so I can post the time it happened, which was today (15/11/2012), and it was done at 18:29 GMT.

Thought I would post my experience here...I was having the same issue with 2 different copies of Killzone 3 (one from when it was first released and the second from the Killzone trilogy).  I must have tried to start the patched game near 10 times, trying many different things, but it always froze in the same spot.  I e-mailed support and got a reply yesterday, and another today with the message posted in this thread.

Well, after getting the e-mail an hour or so ago I started up the game, preparing to follow your instructions.  To my surprise, the game started up, took me to the language selection, and then proceeded through the video until I hit the main menu.  I have no idea how or why it is working now, but I am happy.  I've tested it 3 more times, restarting the system and everything, and it seems to be working great.  Weird, but I'm very happy Smiley Happy  Thanks for looking into this issue and I hope everyone else experiencing this can get their game working too!!

How to check what version of game I am running? I cant remember the system forcing me to download a patch for KZ3 recently.

I haven't experienced this particular problem yet but I am facing a similar (maybe related) freezing issue where the game is actuallt freezing while running, not while starting or loading. This has started to happen only recently.

[ Edited ]
To check what update you have installed, go to the "Game Data Utility" folder on the XMB, and go to the Killzone 3 folder.

You then need to press triangle and then select "Information", and the next screen that comes up will show you what version of the update you have.

[ Edited ]

@Ginrai (or any other GG employee)

I havent had crashes at the move loading screen, but recently me & a few other people have been having issues with kz3 crashing when trying to join clan matches specifically. I dont know wether its just a fluke that it's occuring just in clan matches or not but its still an issue that might be related to the problem???

On a side-note: If me and my clan were to send you a video(s) of every glitch in kz3 (we know all except maybe 1 or 2 max - after seeing so many people in them you learn how to do them)... Would you make the effort to patch them? A reply would be appreciated, even if it's. 'It could be a possibility in the future, but for now we are using all of our resources to create new Ip's and maintain more current releases', etc... etc... 

As far as I remember you said you werent going to patch Kz3 anymore... But kz3 could do with a bit of love... Not just another double xp weekend...

[ Edited ]
Sorry to be a pain, but the original message does state not to discuss other problems in this thread, this purely for the 1.14 freezing problem after the PS Move info screen.

I am one of many people who would like this resolved so we can actually play the game.

[ Edited ]

Strider_X9 wrote:
Sorry to be a pain, but the original message does state not to discuss other problems in this thread, this purely for the 1.14 freezing problem after the PS Move info screen.

I am one of many people who would like this resolved so we can actually play the game.

I did post a problem that may be related to the problem your currently encountering. Tell me, what is the point of playing a game if the bit you enjoy (that being clan matches for me) is somewhat broken to the point it prohibits your overall enjoyment?

Also, I dont wish to discredit GG but this is the first acknowledgement of any problems we've had from them for a very long time & with a 1000+ hours in this game since release, I should know. So a chance to offer help to improve the experience for the people who can and/or soon will play this game (even if it has to be underlined underlined as being a "side note") cant really be ignored by someone like me. Not to mention that GG are more than capable of removing my comment(s).

If GG still wish to try resolve the matter of the widespread glitching that has infested kz3 for far too long, then they can contact me in a number of ways like Psn, my email, or on here, and then remove my post(s) ... Their excuse before (to my memory) was that they didnt know where they all the glitches were... So i'd like to show them.

[ Edited ]

(17/11/12) 03:23am - GMT

worked fine before, recently upsized HDD from 160gb to 500 gb (not sure if this affects anything, just letting you know of recent changes)

please fix this Smiley Sad just bought map bundle pack today! have not had a chance to play ot yet Smiley Sad

thanks!!

P.S.

tried deleting game data then saves then restoring file system and then rebuilding database, and redownloaded update,

still black screen,

it is not directly after the move screen,

its during the autosave function,

it autosave flashes in corner then disappears for about 1 second then appears again,

then it freezes on blackscreen.

Hello everyone
Today I had reported the problem and made the whole process recommended ... My time zone is GMT -3 hours of Brazil.

I hope you help me with this problem!

Thank you.