Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Patch 1.14 freezing issues

Real solution here!

Install the map packs, but DO NOT install the patch.

The DLC seems to contain the patch since the information under the "game data" in XMB shows the same version number (1.14.) Install the DLC and just remove the patch if you already have that installed. I just tried it and it works.

After installing the DLC and removing the individual patch you won't get a notification of an available patch and you'll boot directly into the game without a black screen.

Hi Ginrai,

my name is Filip, Iam from Czech republic from europe. I'm writing to you because i want to ask you, if you could please fix the Patch 1.14 for Killzone 3? Every time i start the game it will freeze and then is only endless black screen. I've read a lots of forums, but without any solutions. Lot of people wrote they can play the game perfectly with patch but not all can. Killzone 3 is really good game, and i want to play it in multiplayer also, i can play only singleplayer without that patch. I don't know what to do, i've tried everything and nothing worked. So please, could you fix that? Not only for me but for all who has this big problem. Thank you. I'll wait for the answer.

Filip

It could be a number of things!!!

I used to have this as well and I found that cleaning the disc very very carefully would fix it for a while then I would have to clean it again.  In the end I got another copy of the DVD and I have never had the problem since.   So I'm sure for me it was a doggy disc.  I also found the problem was more prevelant when I had my move controllers turned on.  I could get around the issue a lot by leaving them off and getting to the MP map selection screen before turning them on and this would help sometimes.

The other thing it might be is the PS3 HDMI HDCP blinking problem causing KZ3 to drop the video output all together.  However I can't test this.  If you are using HDMI try removing the cable and pluggin it back in again.

Im facing the same issues that everyone is facing. The game just stops loading after the patch. I want to 100% this game come on Guerilla Games!!!!

Someone else suggested deleting any patch, downloading/installing the retro map pack, starting the game, canceling the update, going to multiplayer and installing the patch THEN. I don't know if those have to be the exact steps or not but it worked for me, and I tried canceling the patch and trying to install it after going to multiplayer without installing the retro pack first so it seems that has something to do with it. Can't believe they never addressed this issue.

Turning network off worked for me. Thanks kitanii!

10:03 am EST

Re: Patch 1.14 freezing issuesN

[ Edited ]

I discovered this problem after pulling the game out years later. What shocks me most is this thread. The fact that when the problem appeared, there was a response from the developer, setting up crash servers, getting feedback... then it just stops. The problem is never resolved.

They just obviously gave up, and did not even bother to post on this thread that they did. No, sorry, this game is getting to dated and lower player count to resolve the update issue... nothing! That is very unprofessional form. It is disrepsectful of the customer and to themselves leaving what was a cool game in disgrace. It is made ever worse because they were selling the Trilogy pack just a couple years ago, which had the same KZ3 problem.

I for one will never buy a game from this developer again if I can help it. I suggest anyone that feels the same, do the same. Though I have not bought a PS4 yet, I plan too this year. One game I will not be buying now, is the Killzone Shadow Fall.

To keep me as a customer all they had to do is be straight forward, admit their mistake and that they cannot fix it for whatever reason. It is the abandonment of a game on a severly flawed last update that is a shamful disgrace. One that should have never been done by any company calling themselves professionals.

So this move has ended the Killzone franchise for me in tradational trilogy fashion. Oh well, it was a nice run. RIP Killzone.

Highlighted

Re: Patch 1.14 freezing issuesN

YOU GERRILLA YOU DONT CARE WE SUPPORTED YOUR GAME ,) . WE DONT DESERVE THIS BS , WHY HAVENT GERRILLA FIXED THIS ISSUE YET WHY DO I HAVE TO INSTALL THE MAP PACK TO FIX THIS? WHAT IF I DONT HAVE THE MAP PACK THEN IM SCREWED? THE WORST THING IS THAT I LOVE KZ AND I DO CARE FOR THE FRANCHISE BUT YOU AS A CMPANY DONT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT US AND THATS THE TRUTH BECAUSE IF YOU CARE FOR YOUR FANBASE YOU WOULD HAVE FIXET THIS A LONG TIME AGO