Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Jet Paks Good or Bad ?

[ Edited ]
I think they sound cool in theory but... most of the time it's Fail like Dark Void for example, I would have rather seen an expansion to the exsisting vehicles such has the 1 man HGH fighters which would require a more open world unless they made specific lvl's for it.

So what do u guys think it's going to Fail ? or... Do u think it can be smartly used & open up the lvls vertically similar to how Uncharted changed TPS's ?
Message Edited by SlaveSpawn on 05-26-2010 12:22 AM

Re: Jet Paks Good or Bad ?

i think it's a good addition to the game (if done correctly) i looked at the other threads and a lot of people want to be able to shoot from the jet packs, others want to hit people while flying, and if i recall correctly, someone actually wanted to snipe while they were high up, i think that would all be bad. if they are just used for what they are suppose to be used for (going to point B from point A) then that would be a good idea, they don't have to do anything fancy with it, just be able to get around faster.

If they are going to be like Halo Reach's Jet packs it will be a bad thing.

BUT if they are treated as an overpowered vehicle like the Exoskeleton in Killzone 2, so it is classed as a vehicle i think they will be well done.

Instead of a stupid perk thing.

Good for single player, and I'm iffy about multiplayer. I think it could be done very well, and the mech section in Kz2 proves that they can do it well. I don't think MP needs it, but it can be a cool section for SP.

jetpacks = bad in real life
good in video games

I think jetpacks are an exciting factor of KZ3! It would be awesom to use.

The developers are unlikely to screw it up, don't you think??

Will jet packs be in multiplayer too?
clanzsigtagkz2.png

Bad Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Why do you say bad?

if they create them like a vehicle they will more a flying contraption then a jetpack which will be good.

Good if it will spawn as vehicle and have it's own weapon. Other way crazy dudes will fly around with rocket launcher and sniper rifles.

I think they are going to be used primarily for platforming sections in SP, like navigating across canyons. In the IGN article they mentioned something about a height cap, so you can't just take off and fly around (which I think is a good thing). I'm sure the Helghast will be able to use them more liberally during the campaign, making it more of a challenge for us to take them out.

As for MP...I think it's a terrible idea.