Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I switch to secondary weapon every time I sprint in multiplayer? (almost)

Once I unlocked a secondary weapon on infiltrator, almost every time I sprint (L3) it switches over to the pistol. So I'm stuck fumbling around trying to click back to my shotgun with an enemy in my face annnnnd I'm dead. Really sucking the fun out of it.

I can sprint without changing weapons if I hold the stick perfectly straight forward, but that's not practical.

Is it supposed to be this way? Is there a way to have NO secondary weapon?

Re: I switch to secondary weapon every time I sprint in multiplayer? (almost)

I never had this problem but maybe try to reset controler settings, try alternative controls or maybe if all this dont work equip two primary weapons perk and make sure your weapon you want to play is at second slot. 

If this doesnt help try to reinstal the game or something.

Thanks. I'll try it out.

[ Edited ]

Ok, I tried resetting to default. Then I changed the aim from hold to tap.

Still the same thing, but it's getting worse. I switched to some other type that doesn't have a secondary weapon unlocked. What happened was I would press L3 and it would go into aim. I'd push L3 again to get out of it and it shoots. 

I have two controllers. I turned off the one I was using and used the other one. The second controller was even worse all over the place, cycling through what the eff ever with a mind of its own. 

I was having so much fun with this game (first time playing my ps3 online, lovin' it) with no problems, now I'm in full on rage mode.

So I decided to do a search before I ran out and bought a new controller and incase anyone's having this problem this appears to be the solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnXHaHw1qA

Problems with the R and L3's causing random actions to happen is inside the controller. Just gotta do a little fixer-upper.