Crystal-Mask

Re: First Helghast Female Image?

Mr_Zogs wrote:

Crystal-Mask wrote:

Or just do it like Fallout, where there are some female civilians and some female soldiers. 

I mean its a bit sexist to not include females, they could also be part of a rebel group or something.

Not every game has baddass female soldiers, its quite rare. 

Who said they have to be super soldiers, cant they just be normal or even weaker soldiers, to show the Helghasts desperation. 

I am getting a bit bored with the enemies in Killzone 2, I adding females will make it more interesting. 

I'm just happy were getting good characters in general with K3. I really doubt GG's ability to create good female characters though, unless they borrowed Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog for like 2 weeks I can just see them being as boring and clichéd as the characters in 90% of games. 

Apart from Evelyn, I thought the females characters where very good, i loved Luger and this new character Jammer looks baddass, so I think GG can make awesome female characters.

Well its a bit unfair to put the cliche on just the female characters. I mean dont you think Sev and Rico are pretty stereo typical hero dudes and the fact that the men/women who dont wear masks are the good guys and the people who wear the masks and dark stuff are the bad guys, is very common in games bad guys  even have demon glowing orange eyes oooooooooh.  Male soldiers are allot more common and cliche than any female character taking a combat role. Its fresh and interesting to have females in the battlefeild.

GAWQ13

Nice find

yuval75

isnt that natalie portman from her role in White Swan?

ProjectSleep

Crystal-Mask wrote:

Pathetic, I am really disappointed, here they have a character that can be designed with unlimited imagination, and they design this stupid garbage tart, she just looks like a normal human, at least give her white hair or something. I lost respect for GG.

I was impressed by Jammer's design, Jammer looks amazing, I hope GG design some decent looking female Helghast, and this concept art will be thrown out of the window. 

I mean people on deviant art can think of better designs, I mean cmon.

Just make them look like the frogs from mgs4 or elite shock troopers or something. 

They can even look like the the Saboteurs in Killzone 2, I thought they where female all along, until I meleed one to death, they have slender arms and shoulders than me and I am a real human female XD.

I guess I just have to go with thinking that there women behind those masks, meh when i went paintballing everyone thought I was a man until I removed the paintball mask. My voice was fuffled and was lower and the armour gave me a masculine looking body, so I guess, thats the case with the Helghast.   LOLZ

Natalie Portman - V for Vendetta? 

yuval75

LOL true

overall there wont be any female soldiers (maybe 1 or 2 charachters in the sp story version)

everyone will be male...

guess GG really did listen to the fans :smileyindifferent:

Mr_Zogs

Crystal-Mask wrote:

Mr_Zogs wrote:

Crystal-Mask wrote:

Or just do it like Fallout, where there are some female civilians and some female soldiers. 

I mean its a bit sexist to not include females, they could also be part of a rebel group or something.

Not every game has baddass female soldiers, its quite rare. 

Who said they have to be super soldiers, cant they just be normal or even weaker soldiers, to show the Helghasts desperation. 

I am getting a bit bored with the enemies in Killzone 2, I adding females will make it more interesting. 

I'm just happy were getting good characters in general with K3. I really doubt GG's ability to create good female characters though, unless they borrowed Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog for like 2 weeks I can just see them being as boring and clichéd as the characters in 90% of games. 

Apart from Evelyn, I thought the females characters where very good, i loved Luger and this new character Jammer looks baddass, so I think GG can make awesome female characters.

Well its a bit unfair to put the cliche on just the female characters. I mean dont you think Sev and Rico are pretty stereo typical hero dudes and the fact that the men/women who dont wear masks are the good guys and the people who wear the masks and dark stuff are the bad guys, is very common in games bad guys  even have demon glowing orange eyes oooooooooh.  Male soldiers are allot more common and cliche than any female character taking a combat role. Its fresh and interesting to have females in the battlefeild.

I didn't say that the male soldiers were good characters. Everyone know's Rico and Sev are pretty terrble but at the same time Luger was average at best and Jammer just looks to be a female version of Rico; i.e. swearing and cursing all the time with no real character. 

As I said play Half-Life 2 or Beyond Good and Evil or even Uncharted 2 if you want to see what a good female character is. Compare the characters in those games to the generic crap that is cooked up by pretty much every other developer who think they know what a female character is. 

Crystal-Mask

[ Edited ]

Well from what i remember the women in Uncharted where all combat ready and Chloe was kicking **bleep**.

It was good to see that women are allowed to get hurt in a battle field and can be weak, such as Elena. If they would not be combat ready they would not be such interesting characters. 

Too many games have a useless danzel in distress waiting for a man in shining armour to save them.

If Evelyn actually used her revolver, instead of just looking at Helghast and getting kidnapped she would have been more interesting and realistic. 

Also Alyx Vance in half life was an amazing character, and did know how to use a gun.

But meh, if u guys are going to be sexist and  only have female helghast civilians, at least there should be an effort to make them resemble a helghast somehow. That character in the concept art just looks like a normal woman you would find on earth. 

ninezeros

Mr_Zogs wrote:

I didn't say that the male soldiers were good characters. Everyone know's Rico and Sev are pretty terrble but at the same time Luger was average at best and Jammer just looks to be a female version of Rico; i.e. swearing and cursing all the time with no real character. 

As I said play Half-Life 2 or Beyond Good and Evil or even Uncharted 2 if you want to see what a good female character is. Compare the characters in those games to the generic crap that is cooked up by pretty much every other developer who think they know what a female character is. 

Luger was average at best????

outrage

she was the deadliest character in the whole squad

her personality and background story with Templar was interesting

she was completely likable in my eyes.

cool, intelligent, deadly, she even made jokes at times, her dialog was interesting

not your average female. I thought her role was great. I mostly just picked her the whole time I could

Mr_Zogs

Crystal-Mask wrote:

Well from what i remember the women in Uncharted where all combat ready and Chloe was kicking **bleep**.

It was good to see that women are allowed to get hurt in a battle field and can be weak, such as Elena. If they would not be combat ready they would not be such interesting characters. 

Too many games have a useless danzel in distress waiting for a man in shining armour to save them.

If Evelyn actually used her revolver, instead of just looking at Helghast and getting kidnapped she would have been more interesting and realistic. 

Also Alyx Vance in half life was an amazing character, and did know how to use a gun.

But meh, if u guys are going to be sexist and  only have female helghast civilians, at least there should be an effort to make them resemble a helghast somehow. That character in the concept art just looks like a normal woman you would find on earth. 

Jesus are you even reading my posts or just reading 1 word then spamming sexist. I didn't say they shouldn't fight I said why do they have to be soldiers? Why can't they be civilians like Chloe or Alyx Vance i.e. good characters who can fight instead of meat-head soldiers who appear in every other shooting game. Try reading my post next time instead of just insulting me. 

fury161

[ Edited ]

Mr_Zogs wrote:

Crystal-Mask wrote:

Pathetic, I am really disappointed, here they have a character that can be designed with unlimited imagination, and they design this stupid garbage tart, she just looks like a normal human, at least give her white hair or something. I lost respect for GG.

I was impressed by Jammer's design, Jammer looks amazing, I hope GG design some decent looking female Helghast, and this concept art will be thrown out of the window. 

I mean people on deviant art can think of better designs, I mean cmon.

Just make them look like the frogs from mgs4 or elite shock troopers or something. 

They can even look like the the Saboteurs in Killzone 2, I thought they where female all along, until I meleed one to death, they have slender arms and shoulders than me and I am a real human female XD.

I guess I just have to go with thinking that there women behind those masks, meh when i went paintballing everyone thought I was a man until I removed the paintball mask. My voice was fuffled and was lower and the armour gave me a masculine looking body, so I guess, thats the case with the Helghast.   LOLZ

But the top picture is just a complete copy of Pitch Black's character Jack and the bottom character is just a rip off of Mass Effect 2's character....Jack. :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway my point is GG are the most original of studios and I'd rather have the female character(s) to be a basic civilian or a mistress (which could actually be fairly interesting if GG are throwing Hig politics into the mix) than be another Bald Female assassin called Jack. 

Yea, Guerrilla could have designed many more classes & multiplayer options, to include female soldiers. They could have tapped into that huge emerging female gamer market & made alot more money. Thats a epic picture by the way. Maybe theyd did. I'm curious to see how the multiplayer has changed.