Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Elgire

Can't Play Killzone 3, Trophy Error

Hi everyone, I purchased Killzone 3 on Friday, The Collectors Edition, and I still have not been able to play it yet due to a Trophy Error after the control configuration screen.

I have searched these forums and Google for a soloution but so far I have found nothing.

I am using the original 60 GB PS3 and I'm located to Europe/Ireland.

Can anyone advise me on what to do?

sweeper_2

Re: Can't Play Killzone 3, Trophy Error

i have a slim ps3, 1 year old. (europe)

im having the same problem, trophy error 2147342054.

i have tried the following (instructed by sony advisors)

restore defualt settings

restore ps3 system ( took 7 hours and i lost some data)

a different copy of killzone

system update

none of what i have done has resolved the issue.

Steal_Your_Face

i had this error with GT5.  it seemed to occur most after a hang or freeze.  after a patch or two it went away.  before the patch, i had to wait about 30min before it would right itself and i could play again.  when i was having this problem, i found no satisfactory answers or methods of correcting it. 

Guerrilla Games - Developer
motherh666

It 'could' be a faulty or scratched disc.  Can't be certain, but thats our best guess.  The error is disc-read related, so perhaps exchange it where you bought it or check for smudges etc.

camwoad

Elgire wrote:

Hi everyone, I purchased Killzone 3 on Friday, The Collectors Edition, and I still have not been able to play it yet due to a Trophy Error after the control configuration screen.

I have searched these forums and Google for a soloution but so far I have found nothing.

Elgire wrote:

Probs its because you have so many COD trophies your system decided to reject it

Vamp-83

What I had to do was manually set the time on the clock to the correct time, because the automatic time was a few minutes off (not sure why it matters).  Then the trophies need to be updated... which was the real problem. I needed to reconfigure my internet setup which seemed to be a portion of the problem... port forwarding is great only if you have all of the correct ports. While lacking a few of the important ports I could only get to 11% and then it would fail. I had better success with the correct ports and static ip address (>>11%) but it still failed to download them all so I changed to a wired connection and was able to update the trophy list overnight while there was no other comps stealing my bandwidth. It didn't immediately fix the problem... I still got the trophy error but after trying it two days in a row it allowed me to on play again. (I didn't have the problem until after update 1.07)

I'm not sure that the other things mattered to the fix of this problem but the other things I did, because psn told me to, was erase my profile and recreate it. If you decide to do this you should save your game data to another profile or another location and then erase your current profile. Otherwise all of you single player data is lost.