Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hynotiqe

Re: Brutal Melee is awfulll

I love Brutal Melee in KZ. It makes people frustrated and that is the result most people want when they do the melee: Satisfaction.

It also looks cool. You can't argue with aesthetics. It's like saying why would someone get this 500$ phone when this 100$ phone does the same functions. It's simply aesthetics.

animal1294

brutal melee is a form of execution it is awesome and very fun to do vs an opponent you hate or frustrates you or for fun!...BUT! the kz2 gun hits melee was way faster and gave you or your opponent  a chance to battle it out because in kz3 sometimes brutal melee is so slow you get killed...and with the lag of kz3 sometimes it doesnt even work :smileysad: ....

PatrickCameron

[ Edited ]

X-SAMZ-X wrote:

Discuss. 

Brutal melee is awesome, they need more types of brutal melee in the game.  It''s good for up close unexpected encounters, like when the enemy runs into you.  It seem much better than BF3 and MW3 melee which really lack substance compared to the brutal melee, it's like an empty kill on other games.

og_JoyDivision

PatrickCameron wrote:

X-SAMZ-X wrote:

Discuss. 

Brutal melee is awesome, they need more types of brutal melee in the game.  It''s good for up close unexpected encounters, like when the enemy runs into you.  It seem much better than BF3 and MW3 melee which really lack substance compared to the brutal melee, it's like an empty kill on other games.

Damn good reason.

SiliconeStick

PatrickCameron wrote:

X-SAMZ-X wrote:

Discuss. 

Its good for casual noobs. Scripted melee system, watch animation... yeah... lol get good.

look a guy with a rifle.. im gonna walk up to him and eye poke him... hehehe lol

da-Noob123

@x-sam-x, you asked what other fps i have played. Online the only games i have played for the ps3 is Overlord 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Killzone 3. Offline i have played various MW at cousins places, KZ2, ME2. I play a variety of game types but not many fps, i prefer long games with deep a background and captivating stories, this rules out most shooters but not the kz series. Most shooters i have played though have some type of melee, although i don't think any of the others have such visceral cinematic kills. Why do you ask / care?
cryon-pes01

[ Edited ]
I dislike the brutal melee mechanic for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the length of time it takes to complete which leaves you exposed. Secondly, the inconsistency. More than once it seems that I might walk up behind someone and go for a melee only to swing at thin air. For these reasons I'd rather play it safe and get a kill with my weapon. Either that or hit the melee button early enough that it doesn't trigger the brutal melee but a simple melee which is wort the same points anyway. I'll only brutal melee when it's a reaction melee to running into an enemy coming round the corner for example.

From th point of view of the melee-ee, if that's a word, I don't like the switch to third person because even if you are saved from the melee it takes a few moments to switch back to first person which again leaves you expowed and disoriented.
deepakkapoor23

cryon-pes01 wrote:
I dislike the brutal melee mechanic for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the length of time it takes to complete which leaves you exposed. Secondly, the inconsistency. More than once it seems that I might walk up behind someone and go for a melee only to swing at thin air. For these reasons I'd rather play it safe and get a kill with my weapon. Either that or hit the melee button early enough that it doesn't trigger the brutal melee but a simple melee which is wort the same points anyway. I'll only brutal melee when it's a reaction melee to running into an enemy coming round the corner for example.

From th point of view of the melee-ee, if that's a word, I don't like the switch to third person because even if you are saved from the melee it takes a few moments to switch back to first person which again leaves you expowed and disoriented.

I completely agree.

ccarino01

It's awful on someone who's on the recieving end... I rarely use the brutal melee because I've always have trouble executing it at the right moment..... I've seen so many players doing it very well while they're charging towards the target head-on... I could never ever do that on regular basis.... I only do it if I snuck behind them....

As much as I like the brutal melee on KZ3 campaign or in multiplayer, the best "brutal" melee I've ever seen is on The Darkness II.

bientjies123

Sooooo satsfying when you're an infi and able to sneak in behind enemy lines and execute a 3-4 melee streak on the opponents...i got no problem with brutal melee...it's just about timing and choosing when to use it.