Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Prof-X3QUT3

Best TV type/brand for gaming?

In my room where I play my PS3 the vast majority of the time I have a sony bravia we bought in about 2003, In 2010 we got a sony bravia 1080p tv. So I got the one from downstairs which is great. However recently we ha builders round so I took the ps3 downstairs to play on the 1080 p tv. The one in my room is 1080i and there was a noticable picture quality on killzone 3 and BF3 which actually made the graphics look quite abit better. So with the new PS4 on the horizon I was wondering if anyone could give some advce on which brand/ type of tv would be best suited to gaming whch is what i'l use it for 90% of the time. Im open to suggestions, plasma or LED, different brands, even monitors if they deliver better picture quality. 

Any input much appreciated :smileyhappy:

mseja

Re: Best TV type/brand for gaming?

Sony  is a good TV brand so why not.

Make sure you use game mode

I have a KDL46W4500

bubbers5

plasma tvs are best for gaming don't go too big though i use a panasonic 50" a little too big for first person shooters.

GumbyTheKid

bubbers5 wrote:

plasma tvs are best for gaming don't go too big though i use a panasonic 50" a little too big for first person shooters.

Amen. Although for the hardcore gamer crowd ghosting could be a slight issue. But if they're hardcore enough, they wont notice, as per they will only have the games HUD on tv

JayKombat

use any small tv
Prof-X3QUT3

Thanks for all the help lads/ladies, from what I gather plasmas are the way to go. However after posting this thread somebody asked me to look into monitors instead of tv's. I found this one- 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-S275HLbmii-Series-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B009KM1ILO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_...

I was wondering if anyonw knew if it would work with my ps3/ps4 assuming it also used HDMI. Apparantly the picture quality on montors is great and a high end monitor is much cheaper than a high end tv

xI_InPhEctED_Ix

you should look for a tv/monitor that has a specific setting for gaming. that's when the electronics make their best to have the least delay between the time the signal gets in and the time it gets to the screen.

i have an asus lcd full hdmi monitor with 2ms delay and love it. model vw246h.

Prof-X3QUT3

cOULD YOU SHOW ME A LINK, THE ONE IM LOOKING AT IS AN ACER MONITOR. aLSO, I NOTICE A HAGE PRICE GAP BETWEEN 1920X1080 AND 2560X1640 MONITORS. aNYONE KNOW IF THE PICTURE QUALITY DIFFERENCE CORRELATES WITH THE PRICE DIFFERENCE? tHANKS ALOT GUYS KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING (**bleep** sorry for caps)

AznDreamer

bubbers5 wrote:

Plasmas are one of the BEST IMO!

3D plasma? Beats LEDs any day.

The only problem and pretty much the ONLY problem is its longevity.

PatrickCameron

AznDreamer wrote:

bubbers5 wrote:

Plasmas are one of the BEST IMO!

3D plasma? Beats LEDs any day.

The only problem and pretty much the ONLY problem is its longevity.

I want one of those 80 or 90 inch tvs, sharp aquos does them.  I don't like the price so I'll not get one yet.  If the competition brings some out I'll shop around.  I don't really want to spend more than $4,000 - $5,000 on a tv that big or I may as well go for a projector and a smaller 60-65 inch LED for during the daytime for the same price.