Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

About options

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but here goes. GG, the controls are pretty bad in Killzone 2. I know you were going for the more heavy game controls, and that's cool. It's cool to be innovative, but when the majority of the players don't like that certain innovation maybe it's a good thing, as a game franchise, and as a business to take it away. Everyone who played FPS's before Killzone 2 are accustomed to those controls, and these controls have way too much of a learning curve thus driving a lot of people away. Maybe you should make the controls a bit more like BC2. It has the "heavy" feel. just not to the point of being sluggish which is essentially what Killzone 2's controls felt like.

Now, everyone who has become accustomed to these controls don't necessarily have to "suffer". I have an idea that can cater to all the crowds (pretty much). Kind of like the "Old School Free-For-All" mode in COD4, make an option like Old-School Killzone that they can check when making their game. That way all the people accustomed to Killzone 2's controls can have their game mode, while all the rest have the controls they're accustomed to. And I know I'm not the only person with this idea.

What does everyone else think?

Re: About options

I'm not saying make them as responsive as COD's controls, I'm talking about making them sort of like BC2's controls. It has a perfect balance between good responsiveness and heaviness. And if this game is good then they won't go back to MW2.
Highlighted

Re: About options

[ Edited ]
COD controls suit COD, Battlefield controls suit Battlefield, Killzone 2 controls suits Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 controls will suit Killzone 3. GG will do what suits their game.

It's just a recommendation. The majority of the people who played Killzone 2 found the learning curve for the controls to be too harsh. It would be a good move.

But anyway this thread is about options. People will never pick an option that handicaps them. So changing the controls to appeal to COD & Batlefield guys whilst thinking an option to revert to the old controls will please everyone else is wrong

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. This is a game mode. Not a control alternative. Basically what I mean is when you're making a game, there's a box that you can tick that turns on "Old School Killzone". Everyone playing in this game will have these controls.

Oh and more responsive controls are always good. It’s got nothing to do with comparing to other games. I think you mean sensitivity.

No I mean the sluggishness. The sensitivity doesn't do much at all.
Message Edited by HyperHysteria on 05-25-2010 10:26 PM