Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 3D support thread

Hi,

Thank you so much for your support and all the suggestions to try to minimize or resolve the 3D ghosting problem, but I would like to know if at least you're are planning on releasing a patch. If, so could you please make the "3D Strenght" to a more lower value or add another option to completely reduce (eliminate) that ghosting effect. I am losing interest in the game because of that, I know maybe you don't really care because I already bought the game, but my friends are coming to my house to see the game in 3D, and they said "What the hell is wrong with that picture, that double image" , and I have to tell them the game has problems with the 3D and not my new TV. We all watched "Alice in Wonderland 3D" and there's absolutely no ghosting at all. Hope I don't sound rude about my comment but that's the reality. By the way my TV model is a Samsung UN55C7100.

Thank you so much for your support Guerrilla Games

[ Edited ]

Good to know it's not just me then regarding this odd effect in 3D games.  Yeah, all 3D games give this strange effect in the distance.  Foreground objects look great, just stuff far away.

Given that movies don't have this problem/effect, I'm guessing it's caused by the games & TV needing to fit two images together, resulting in some strange effect that makes far away details difficult to see, like you're looking through tiny pieces of broken glass or something.

Is this present for everyone or is is just cheaper 3D TV's, or just the fact that games need to 'knit' together two seperate images in lower resolution?  I have a Samsung LE40C750 by the way.

It's difficult to weigh up which is better.  Games like Killzone 3 look beautiful in 2D, but the 3D is really, really cool, but against it, the resolution is so low in comparison and has this strange 'filter' effect I've been talking about.

theres a difference in movies and games but movies are video the 3d is a bit different games need to render everything where as movies dont thats why people dont have problems with them. Games however arent like movies at all the system has to render everything in the scene thats why they lower the resolution so its easier on the system its all about optimization where movies dont need it.

Hi,

I would like to know if decreasing the "3D strenght" in the game options, we are losing the 3D depth of the game. Because if it's true then we are not getting the complete 3D experience, and we are paying so much for this incomplete experience.My case is that I bought this expensive 3D TV just for my Playstation 3D games and not for the movies in mind. I'm going to contact Samsung about the 3D games issues just to completely be sure if it's TV related problem or the games.As I said before, I watched "Alice in Wonderland 3D" with no ghosting or any problem at all. If it's TV related Samsung can release a TV firmware update to resolve it.

it brings the depth down but even at 0% you still get pretty good 3d. which samsung do you have? i have the c7000 and the 3d is really good on movies but movies arent as taxing as games. i play killzone 3 with my 3d depth in game set to like 20% and in th esamsung 3d options i have it at - or +3 cant remember which and it looks good. if you do talk to samsung maybe see if they are going to add more 3d adjustments to the next firmware.

Zombiewraz, I do have the Samsung UN55C7100. I play Killzone 3 with the 3D depth in game set to 50% and in the Samsung 3D options (3D view point) set to + 2. I don't want to make too much adjustments because I know that I am losing 3D depth and that's what 3D is all about. Anyway I am not playing the game, I feel very frustrated. Man Sad

even at 0 the 3d is still pretty good 30% is good too but you have to adjust the tv to +4 or 5 but then the hud has ghosting which is annoying. i hope samsung adds some more adjustment options soon to their firmware cause only having the viewpoint just isnt enough

Ok, I'm going to try that setting, adjusting the 3D view point on the tv to +5, and then adjusting the 3D depth in game. Yeah the 3D viewpoint isn't enough. As i said in one of my posts I'm going to call Samsung about the issue, but I know they're going to tell me the problem isn't the TV because the movies ran without any issue.

In relation to anyone questioning the cabling, before you shell out a fortune on a new wire I can confirm that it will make absolutely no difference whatsoever - and will repeat, any, any HDMI lead will do.

HDMI is digital, it's either 'on' or it's 'off', it cannot be sort-of-on-but-not-quite,(and therefore in lies the advantages of a digital signal).

For analogue signals, yes, good cabling can make a difference, but digital, it will do nothing whatsoever.  It's all a scam, and don't fall for it, save your money, your problems lie elsewhere

The game works fine but when i turn on the 3d settings my screen goes black and doesnt work. Any help?