Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 3D support thread

I have a Samsung as well and ghosting is an issue but not so much that it's unplayable.  I was thinking about turning off my Game Mode setting but I figured even if it did fix the ghosting it would probably make everything blurry when I moved.

It's still better than CoD's 3D but not quite as awesome as the Motorstorm PSN game. Maybe they can share some tips with the other developers Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]

Hallo Community, hallo Moderators.

My Name is KingzWayz, i am from Germany.

I have only one wish for a new Patch!

There is a epic fail on the 3D Mode.

You can setting the level of the 3D effect.

It works well, i play on a Samsung Plasma with 50%.

If i play the game (no Video) i have no Ghosting and

a very nice 3D effect. But if i see a Storyvideo i have 

much Ghosting! Its (i think) because it again on 100%.

Every Gamevideo looks bad, because my TV cant show 100% 3D effect level nice.

So pls do a Update which change the 3D effect level from videos automaticly

withe the ingame 3D effectl level.

Hope that some body hear my voice and clean this mistake.

Hi,

I have a UN55C7100 Samsung LED 3D TV, and also having the same problem as other people, ghosting and double image. I hope the developers could find a solution and make an update for the game. As other people are suggesting, maybe more 3D options and a 3D test could be very useful, like some 3D image and make adjustments until we don't see the double image.

As for people saying it's an Hdmi cable problem and that you need and HDMI 1.4a, you're totally incorrect.Go to www.hdmi.org and take a read, by the way, why you need a 1.4a cable when you're PS3 only use 1.3. You only need a High Speed HDMI cable in order to watch movies and games in 3D, that's it.

How to Ensure 3D in your Home Theater System

• Look for devices that include 3D functionality.
  • All High Speed HDMI cables will support 3D when connected to 3D devices. You can use your existing High Speed HDMI cables.

i never use game mode on my c7000 never had a issue with any games on my set. when i used game mode on killzone it looked like it went interlaced it was unplayable. didnt help me at all with my plasma try playing without it see how it goes

T1NGO wrote:

Hi,

I have a UN55C7100 Samsung LED 3D TV, and also having the same problem as other people, ghosting and double image. I hope the developers could find a solution and make an update for the game. As other people are suggesting, maybe more 3D options and a 3D test could be very useful, like some 3D image and make adjustments until we don't see the double image.

As for people saying it's an Hdmi cable problem and that you need and HDMI 1.4a, you're totally incorrect.Go to www.hdmi.org and take a read, by the way, why you need a 1.4a cable when you're PS3 only use 1.3. You only need a High Speed HDMI cable in order to watch movies and games in 3D, that's it.

How to Ensure 3D in your Home Theater System

• Look for devices that include 3D functionality.
  • All High Speed HDMI cables will support 3D when connected to 3D devices. You can use your existing High Speed HDMI cables.

Is it just me or is that what this whole thread has been about :-/

Zombiewraz wrote:

i never use game mode on my c7000 never had a issue with any games on my set. when i used game mode on killzone it looked like it went interlaced it was unplayable. didnt help me at all with my plasma try playing without it see how it goes

no 3D issues obviously on my VT25 but when I took the TV out of game mode and used my settings that I calibrated for the TV and movie the game improved dramaticly!

yeah i find game mode is very hit and miss depending on the game. i personaly never touch game mode and of all the 110 ps3 games i own ive never had a issue needing game mode on my c7000 plasma. i find that game mode is like the dejudder kind of useless for the most part.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

The problem with 3D is that each TV handles it differently. We tested 3D on multiple brands and types and we implemented 3D in a way that works for most TV's. Below are some general QandA's about 3D. We can't comment on each specific type of TV. There are just too many of them.

What is ghosting?

Ghosting is caused by limitations of the TV hardware. Killzone 3 renders two separate images for the left and the right eye and these are displayed on the TV in quick succession. These images alternate so quickly that when you look at the screen without 3D glasses you see one fuzzy image (a blend of the left and the right eye images). Your 3D glasses make sure that your left eye sees the one image and your right eye sees the other image. Ghosting can occur when the TV isn't able to switch quickly and cleanly enough between the different colors in these images. For example, when a pixel is black in the left eye image and the same pixel is white in the right eye image, ghosting is more likely to occur (than when both pixels are different shades of grey). This is simply because the pixel can't change color fast enough on some TV models. We found that there are great differences between TV models in this respect, unfortunately.

3D strength (Killzone 3 setting)

You can tone down the 3D effect (and the ghosting) by setting the "3D strength" slider to a lower value (this slider is in the "3D setup" sub-menu, which is found in the "Options" menu). We found that it works best if you tweak this setting until the barrel of your gun displays correctly. Note: this setting does not affect the pre-rendered cut-scenes.

Display settings on your TV

Since ghosting is contrast-related (high contrast and brightness means more difference between black and white, so potentially more ghosting between left and right eye, usually at the edges of an object - for example: you are in a dark room looking out of a window at a bright sky). So it might help to tweak the display settings on your TV: a lower brightness and contrast on your TV 's display settings might reduce ghosting.

It might also help if you disable all image processing options on your TV. Some TV's have a "game mode" that does exactly this. Using the "game mode" on your TV has the added benefit of reducing input-lag (the time between pressing a button and seeing the effect on screen).

3D settings on your TV

Some TV's have special 3D settings, such as "3D brightness". This particular setting relates to the 3D (shutter) glasses and controls the amount of light that passes through the glasses (it has nothing to do with the brightness of your TV display). We found that this setting should be set to "high" (bright).

The thing is: if your glasses block a lot of light, then you'll be inclined to turn up the brightness of your TV. So, the bottomline is: make sure your glasses are set to the brightest setting, so your TV can be set to a somewhat lower brightness & contrast setting.

Some TV's have an option to tweak the 3D image specifically. This setting is best set to neutral, unless you have a really big screen and need to reduce the 3D depth further than Killzone's "3D Strength" setting allows.

Distance

During demo's and testing we've found that the distance between your eyes and the TV screen can also be a factor. In general, artifacts like ghosting become less disturbing when you sit farther away from the TV.

Polarized glasses

Some manufactures have polarized glasses. This means that you must keep your head upright. Whenever you tilt your head (sideways) you will lose the image separation between left and right eye and the overall result is a fuzzy image without depth.

HDMI cables

As long as your HDMI cable supports HDMI 1.4/High Speed HDMI, we don't think that buying more expensive HDMI cables will reduce ghosting. See the explanation "What is ghosting?" above. Most people will have a relatively short HDMI cable between their PS3 and their TV, so a normal cable should be fine.

HUD (Killzone 3 setting)

This is unrelated to ghosting, and it's a matter of taste, but we thought we'd mention it anyway: Most people find that Killzone 3 looks better in 3D if you turn off the HUD elements (ammo counter, on-screen prompts, etc.). You can find this setting in the Display sub-menu in the Options menu. Of course this affects gameplay: for example, you will no longer be prompted to press a button to pick up  a weapon, open a door, mount a machine gun, etc.

We hope this helps!

Guerrilla Games

Maybe you would be kind enough to tell us which TV's you set Killzone 3D up for, because there is a hell of alot of different TV's mentioned here and hardly anyone saying it is Crosstalk free !!!!

Personally i have a Sammy 50C680 and PS3 gaming is horrendous in 3D.

Films are pretty good thougth, so please explain which tvs you tested so you can help at least those owners !!

Thx

Paul

Hi Guerrilla,

Killzone3 was the only reason why i decided to spend big money on sony's flagship model xbr-52lx900. so you can understand my frustration regarding the ghosting issues.  i know you must of tested this tv for killzone3, would you be kind enough to provide  us what you think are the optimal picture and 3d settings for this model.  it would be greatly appreciated.

[ Edited ]

LevTrin12

Thanks for the post ill try some of the suggestions you had. can you give us any info about perhaps adding a convergance adjustment option? such as gt5 has would help alot of people with their 3d issues. and about the cutscenes any chance of a patch  fixing it so that the cutscenes use the custom 3d setting? thanks for the awesome game 3d issues aside the best fps out there