Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 3D support thread

i have to disagree about the pani having the best 3d their glasses are horrible i have a sony 3d and a samsung 3dsamsung has the most comfortable glasses by far depending on the model of glasses and i havent noticed much diffrence in depth and ive set up about 25 3d sets for professional and home setups. the samsung is the 2nd best for hd pq lots of articles out there to prove. sony has th ebest 3d so far but their glasses are unbcomfortable. i set up a few panisonic 3d tvs and i dont  like them at all. i use my samsung c7000 for my day to day stuff and i have a sony 3d in my office. My next 3d tv will definetly be a samsung once they have a 73" model. sony wants too much for their sets in my opinion if sony would ghange their glasses i might considering getting another. the game devs need to put convergance options in the 3d set up menu's. the other problem out there is each tv company has diffrent 3d set up options they need to have some sort of universal set up options. there are just too many conflicts with hardware out there as it stands now. not eough options for sure. i end up using the 3d up convert on my samsung more in games then i do the actual 3d cause i get better 3d out of it without the ghosting and i also run my pc through my samsung and the 3d on it is perfect could be due to the video cards im running dont get any crosstalk at all with it but i just dont use it as my ps3 is my main gaming maching. would be nice if sony added some 3d options to the xmb menu as well

another things games need is a image to use when setting the 3d up something you can see while adjusting. gt5 has great options but give us a picture or somethign to work with

IIOASISII - 

Yup your right, and your research and experience goes right on with mine. Even my own 3D movies I make with my helmet cam display perfect. The Panasonic and the Plasma have a far better processor to handle the high rate of motion then the other models. Panasonics 3D plasma are indeed the best 3D based TV on the market clearly under $10,000. You can base that simply on the processors used and ability of not washing colors using individual diodes per pixel to processes closer to absolute kalvin then a LCD tv can provide. Samsung’s picture quality is definitely better then Sony and there smart by using the piano black frames to give the appearance of a darker picture separating the contrast from the outside world and your TV to your eyes.

There’s an obvious reason people like us are avoiding any sort of 3D issues not to mention experience allow the replications of other peoples issues. These problems are vast majority related to hardware issues. It just becomes so much simpler to blame others for your troubles then look at your own setup you cheaped out on. Its like buying a KIA putting 114oc fuel in it and expect to go auto cross the turd. It’s still a turd just has good fuel now.

I don’t know why everyone is on the silver for audio, gold has always been the best conductor of low voltage electricity. Either way as others have suggested to say, here is my setup and what works indefinitely. Sorry all the HDMI is going to my TV for the 3D components I haven’t flashed the firmware on my receiver for the 3D pass-through yet.

Everything in the center is a closed loop system. Nothing enters its region without running through the power conditioner and its on its own dedicated breaker in the breaker panel.

Panasonic VT25 50in Plasma, I am bummed I did not buy the 58in and didn’t bc thought it would be to big for my house and the 50in would look the best. But now I wish I did get the bigger one. Maybe will later on this year.

Monster 17.8gb 1.4 HDMI's

Panasonic real 3D Blue Ray

Monster Power stage 2 clean power system

Yamaha vt-567 receiver

Klipsch satalights Speakers 12ga wire fine thread aluminum on gold plated Banana Clips with 10in sub also on Monster cables

Media center computer 3D HDMI out duel core P4 used for VNC to play movies from Netgear Stora and run VoIP, and proxy for my house.

Wii on rockfish composite cables

I can leave my TV on Auto but these are the best calibration of color settings I have found.

And inside Killzone I have the brightness down like 2 presses from full bright. The 3D is set to 100% depth with no issues. After setting up the ingame brightness and moving hte above settings over to the game too the KZ3 menu just came alive.

i was going to get the pani vt25 but i found the samsungs had a better price to feature ratio plus the pani didnt have 2d to 3d which on the samsungs are awesome it up converts 2d to 3d like it was made in 3d. maybe is panisonic adds that feature and drops their prices i migh grab one. only panasonic tv im looking at and even considetring buying is the new 105" they have that runs 2440p i think its the only pani ill buy.  but as it sits now samsung has the best price to performance/feature ratio lg 3d tvs are just the worst checked a few out and worst 3d ever. seen a few glassesless 3d tvs but the depth is nowhere near as good as shutter glasses 3d. plus too dark without glasses.and anybody who hooks their pc up to a 3d tv should invest in a amd hd6950 card i am running 4 in my system and the 3d is mind blowing

iceblue

good choive in recievers i have the top yamaha reciver they have and its got to be the best sound ive ever experenced. great recievers thx certified and the 3d passthrough works like a charm best 7.1 systems out there in my experence ive had sony,onyko,harmon and the yamaha has out performed them all hands down

Zombiewraz wrote:

i was going to get the pani vt25 but i found the samsungs had a better price to feature ratio plus the pani didnt have 2d to 3d which on the samsungs are awesome it up converts 2d to 3d like it was made in 3d. maybe is panisonic adds that feature and drops their prices i migh grab one. only panasonic tv im looking at and even considetring buying is the new 105" they have that runs 2440p i think its the only pani ill buy.  but as it sits now samsung has the best price to performance/feature ratio lg 3d tvs are just the worst checked a few out and worst 3d ever. seen a few glassesless 3d tvs but the depth is nowhere near as good as shutter glasses 3d. plus too dark without glasses.and anybody who hooks their pc up to a 3d tv should invest in a amd hd6950 card i am running 4 in my system and the 3d is mind blowing

Agreed definetly!

I love that feature about the samsung, when I got my pani there was limited info available I looked at hardware and what I do when I chose it and the 3D specifically. But when I purchased it I was specifically informed that the 2d to 3D processing was capable like the Samsung. However it is not after hours of beating my head in. Not like it would be a hard feature the processor just needs to devide the image in 2 scale it inhalf overlay them and thats it whoopy.

Zombiewraz wrote:

iceblue

good choive in recievers i have the top yamaha reciver they have and its got to be the best sound ive ever experenced. great recievers thx certified and the 3d passthrough works like a charm best 7.1 systems out there in my experence ive had sony,onyko,harmon and the yamaha has out performed them all hands down

The yamies are fantastic indead but I have to say that IIOASISII reciver is just gangster! Mines cheap in aspects of his reciver. Next one will definetly be a 9.1 basis for multi zone and better processor then the one I have. It is a great reciver probly the best at its price range but to get that last bit of crispness. Providing you have like $2,000 speakers I really think you need a bit higher end one with a better audio processor in it. And the OSD is crappy in mine. All and all for under 700$ its an amazing reciver.

[ Edited ]

( Panasonic TC-P65VT25 )

Zombiewraz  Yes Panasonic's out of the box "Granny Glasses" suck Sh_t. I had 2 pairs each lasted, about 12-18hrs of usage before they broke "snapped" based on their defective design. I can say they were free of charge, and worth every free penny of it. Panasonic Customer Care , which are a fantastic support group, explained they will be replaced free of charge, and that it's the responsibility of the retailer/Pani's Area Rep to exchange them upon showing of receipt free of charge. Just a heads of for you Panasonic lovers out there.Plus a couple a posts ago  I did recommend these  as part of the Panasonic set up, They are a size "large" fits most head sizes and really durable, with built in adjustments plus rechargable. They come in 3 different sizes. unfortunately there were no press releases  on these revised version, they were available on the release date of the first Panasonic 3d TV's for the America's. But after intensive research and hands on testing, eg. Being at a trade show but unable to show the 3D quality of their product because all their demo glasses were all broken lol. They out sourced and got the job done. And for my new replacement Granny glasses, they are put on the side till my grandmother    or my buddy   stop by to visit, these   are more suitable design for them. He he, I can say I earned the privilege for some trash talk now check this Samsung design     look at the open LC shutter glass at the bottom of the frame. Upon returning my own Granny glasses for replacement , my Panasonic retailer took me in the back room and showed me a pair of these that were currently in the process of being returned to the Manufacturer for an replacement pair, As what he said , his customer explained to him why it was MISSING a Len's was because while after watching a film, he had placed his glasses on his glass coffee table and the 3D LC Len's seemed to explode into tiny fragments . Me drinks some designers should lay off the crack pipe. Summarise this , 3D tech is still new to the Manufactures down to the consumers, I still feel that Killzone 3 game is flawless and the 3D issues is a hardware related problem, It's our job to find the cure and post it when found , for others to benefit it as well. Cheers, Happy Fragging!!!

P.S.

iceblue1188 & Zombiewraz , If U wait for the Best, The Best will come..

Panasonic's 2d-3D upscaler  DMP-BDT310-BDT210

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ji1eqlNlgY 

cannot wait till the StarWars Blu-Ray Box set comes out this fall.

Heres a Panasonic moment for U Smiley Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JDkV2-d5wg

OASIS

I personally really feel that the VT25 has the best 3D and an awesome 2D picture. Samsung has the best picture quality, hands down, the C9000/8000 are amazing. I purchased my Sony because I got a great deal on it, I was unsure at first but I thought I would give Sony a chance. It does have good 3D, and the glasses can be somewhat uncomfortable, but I feel they are sturdier than the Samsungs. The battery powered samsung glasses just feel cheap. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my 3D Sony, it has some really nice features, like built in wi-fi and presence detection but there are things that it could do better. I think that all of us could say that there are always things that our tv's could do better, but we try to justify on behalf of the ridiculous amount of money we have spent on our set-ups. Plus, I garuantee that if you buy a high-end tv that it is probably amazing, and that we being audio/video freaks can always find something its not doing perfectly to our liking. There is a lot of catching up to do with the 3D products to get to the point of optimizing the 3D quality all around.  I know it will get better and I do still enjoy having it now.

I cannot wait to see the new Pani VT30, which again is going to be amazing. One solid sheet of glass on the front to give it that monolithic design, and its going to be thinner. Plus pioneer elite and pani acutually worked on this tv together, so its bound to be awesome. The new BHT players from pani are also really cool. The have a slide touch on the top to open and close the BD tray plus adjustable 2D to 3D depth conversion, very sweet.

The new Samsung 3D tv's are sick (D7000/8000/9000), they all went +1 in size, with a .25 inch bezel all around and they are all about .3 inches thick. They look amazing, the only downfall is that they changed their glasses around, so they will only be compatible with the D series. They are all now blutooth and lithium ion batteries but look the same.

The Pioneer Elite A/V receivers are awesome, the VSX-33/32 and SC-35 all upconvert to 24fps and increase black levels to the tv. The new Yamaha ADVENTAGE receivers are also really awesome, really cool features. Denon also puts out some quality reveivers that do some really cool stuff.

I know this is really drawn out, but I think there are alot of really amazing products out there and they all do really well at 3D and 2D pictures. Getting everything set-up and connected together properly is what is going to reduce the issues with 3D. Playing with the setting, on the tv, and in the game allow you to get the best out of what you have. I don't think that there is a simple solution to any of the 3D problems, it just takes time and effort to calibrate everything together.

I'm ghosting even with a plasma TV (PN63C8000 from Samsung) with 1.4 HDMI. I've had no ghosting issues with any of my 3D Blu-Rays or any other games (I've played Motorstorm Demo and Prince of Persia in 3D) so I really think it's an issue with Killzone. It would make sense if the game can't process the dual images quickly enough causing some percentage to be sent to the wrong eyes. 

I've tried adjusting the depth to -5, and while that helps a with items in the middle distance, though not close up or far away. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Is it just me or is this issue most prevalent on Samsung tvs?

there a few other having 3d issues with othwer tvs i think one of the problems with samsungs is there arent enough 3d adjustment options. having that one slider isnt enough we need convergance adjustment and depth.

maybe the next firmware update will add something there are some rumors of custom firmwares for the samsungs they are built with lunix os for their stuff so easy to modify but i havent found anything about it yet. yeah the d series samsungs look sick im gonna have to get one and moce my c7000 to my bedroom and get the d series in the living room as long as they make a 73"

i havw no issues with 3d movies at all and gt5 is great tried th emortal kombat demo and no cross talk at all looks great just too many diffrent 3d tvs out there hard for devs to make games that work with them all but it does seem that killzone 3 has the most 3d issues so far with samsungs which is wierd