Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 3D support thread

[ Edited ]

Dont listen to these people who say you need a monster cable there are plenty of articles about the diffrence between hdmi cables there is no diffrence. a $20 cable peforms the same as  monster cable your paying for the name. and those who say it makes a diffrence do some research you dont know what your talking about ive done home theatre and hd set up for a living theres no diffrence. just get the thickest cable you can i use $20 dollar cables and have no issue but have 3d issues. and before the people bash me ive tried monster cables not worth the money. its all a marketing scam for the companies to make money.. do the research people dont tell people to do something you know nothing about.

What needs to be done is hav 3d set up options like gta5 had not just 3d on and off and the % slider. every 3d tv is diffrent and people need more adjustment options.

Zombiewraz wrote:

Dont listen to these people who say you need a monster cable there are plenty of articles about the diffrence between hdmi cables there is no diffrence. a $20 cable peforms the same as  monster cable your paying for the name. and those who say it makes a diffrence do some research you dont know what your talking about ive done home theatre and hd set up for a living theres no diffrence. just get the thickest cable you can i use $20 dollar cables and have no issue but have 3d issues. and before the people bash me ive tried monster cables not worth the money. its all a marketing scam for the companies to make money.. do the research people dont tell people to do something you know nothing about.

What needs to be done is hav 3d set up options like gta5 had not just 3d on and off and the % slider. every 3d tv is diffrent and people need more adjustment options.

Hmm I wonder why this is Smiley Very Happy

It's like beating your head against the wall and wondering why it hurts

[ Edited ]

GezForce

What is the rest of your setup? How are the cables routed?

Ghosting may very easily be the IR/glasses, to much light in your room. The white line the other dude was getting is always cables/device the cable is going through like passthrough.

Are the only people Ghosting on lcd base TVs? Is anyone with Plasma Ghosting at all?

[ Edited ]

its more the diffrent kinds of tvs out there.  the tv's need better adjustments and i think sony builds the games for their tv's dont think they test other tv's. and gt5 is fine in 3d on my setup as is da blob 2 but killzone 3 is just off. i can get it lined up but text is off then once cut scenes start its right out of whack. 3d movies are fine though. so its not cables  they just need to add more adjustment options

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tests/4235717

also look there they see no diffrence between a $13 cable a $100 cable and a $300 cable its not the cables. just dont buy hdmi cables from intec or other video game brands. i  get all my hdmi 1.4a cables from my computer supplier. and never have issues except when killzone 3 came out

i get ghosting on my pn50c7000 samsung plasma so its not just lcd/led

you can find dozens of articles from experts that say brand name makes no diffrence. all a scam

OK I have the 58'' Plasma from Samsung and played on 3D today with no issues at all. No ghosting nothing. Worked flawlessly like in the demo. Maybe I am lucky I dunno but had no issues after 1 hour of playing in 3D.

[ Edited ]

( Panasonic TC-P65VT25 )

1. I agree there are cables out there that are scams, sold by packaging/advertising/lies no names mentioned.. But a $10-$100 HDMI cable  will not do unfortunately,  for what we want outa our 3D format. I tried many of these cables and they all ended up in one area, currently I use them as bungee cords to tie down fire wood in the back of my 1 ton truck. Smiley Wink  I personally recommend AudioQuest cables, but I do admit there are some out there with the same technology, here is a link if u are up for some light reading on HDMI cables  http://www.audioquest.com/  and the technology behind them.

2. I agree  there should be a better 3D option for example like GT5 has, to help the consumers that have purchased this game, due to the fact, this falls back yet again to hardware issues NOT a GAME issue. Why I say this, well lets start with I can play all my 25 REAL3D Blu-Ray Movie titles simultaneously without any 3D adjustments. Then Play any of these game titles

without any 3D adjustments. What happened?? I think Our 3D Issue started about 1 year ago to this day. Everybody wanted to get on the 3D band wagon NOW, with no if's or but's "I want 3D now" craze. The 2 Big S's no names mentioned released their 3D TV's to the public, they were gone faster than any salesperson has ever experienced for a high priced TV. But some of us researched intensely before we forked out $3000-$7000 on a flat screen. And found out that we have to pre-order a 3D plasma that will be released many months after the other 3D Tv's has been released. Don't get me wrong, that I am slandering Sony Samsung LG etc. But u do get what u pay for. So I had My Panasonic pre-order, then the sweats kicked in, then the shakes, then the PS 3D demos came out, then the sweats again then shakes. In short form my son's birthday was coming in a week so I picked him up a SONY 3D to crash test . Some of the games listed above I did have to do some 3D adjustments plus I purchased an entry level AudioQuest cable for him which made a lot of difference of what the sales man blind sided  me on to purchasing as a "package" deal cable. Currently my Panasonic and my sons SONY have no visual 3D problems when we tag team In Killzone 3 for the best melee brutal attack as of yet this game is flawless. But yes this is the first 3D game as of yet I had to do some "HARDWARE" adjustments on my Panasonic TV, due to the fact how they compiled so much uber doober effects in it hehe.

I recommend to make sure u have a nice certified 3D HDMI cable, then make sure your  3D TV is up to date on software VIA Internet, and your PS3 3D setting is correct . Last but not least if need be, setup your 3D display in menu on your 3D TV. Plus we should ask the Game Devs if the can make a more detailed 3D menu for their next game update. This forum is to help 3D TV issues, when u find your perfect setting & cure, please post your make and model and settings to help the other 3D fraggers out there.  Cheers & Good Luck, Happy Fragging!!

P.S.

Yeah iceblue1188 that amp is sick especially the Dam Map, you can here the ice crystals snap crackle pop in the snow when your sniping and listening for foot steps.  Once again 2 thumbs up to the Chris Haluke, Lead Game Designer & his crew at Guerrilla Games..

OASIS

the difference is the hdmi version, get cables compliant with hdmi 1.4a protocol and you are all set... Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

So many of you have this stuff wrong. I sell tv's for a living, deal with audioquest, monster, and all the high end products. OASIS, I really don't think that many can afford, or would spend the kind of money required to purchase a diamond cable. I work with magnolia products directly and the only advantage to the diamond cable, is the silver content. Which, btw, only improves audio quality. So, if you were to plug in a chocalate cable, cinnamon, or even a forest cable the overall "picture quality" is going to be the same. Silve plated long-grain copper wires are used, and the only thing that really changes is the silver content. This information is directly from training meetings with audioquest themselves.

Yes, anyone that has a 3D tv will have to/want to have an HDMI 1.4a cable. My suggestion is audioquest because the way their cables are manufactured, and they are drectional. Most of the A/V receivers have 3D pass through, though only some of the higher-end receivers will really add, or improve anything with the actual video quality. For example, Pioneer Elite models, VSX-32 and up will increase black levels and upscale to 24fps. Cool Stuff.

I have a Sony XBR52LX900, auydioquest chocolate HDMI cable, panamax M4300 power conditioner, polarized 3D glasses, calibrated TV, and I am having crosstalk issues with KZ3. Ghosting is from motion blur or trailing. I have been tweaking the settings and the closest I have gotten to good is with 45% or 0% 3D effecrt, and 3D depth +2. Still game is much better in 2D because of the amazing graphics.

The best 3D I've seen is with the Pani VT25, which is amazing and even better when in 96hrz for the 3D. Sony would be next in 3D quality, and finally Samsung. Samsungs 2D picture is amazing, but the 3D glasses suck, and the3D doesn't have the depth of the Sony, and cannot even touch the Pani VT25. The only problem that I have seen with the VT25 is the horrible burn in, 1 hour of 3D game-play is all it takes to start the burn-in. Thats my two-sense, this is what I do and I really like what I do. No tv is perfect and the console 3D gaming is, again, still in its infancy. It will improve. KZ3 is amazing, and I love the game.

[ Edited ]

( Panasonic TC-P65VT25 )                   

Yes jachu44 true indeed the Diamond is overkill, me being an audio/video whore I wanted true sound going threw my Onkyo Amp as well. Plus I did mention about an entry level AudioQuest cable, that I had setup for my son. The AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI cable for this 3D app, is fantastic as well. Here's a presentation  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWntz3CdSAE  . Cheers Happy Fragging!!!

OASIS

[ Edited ]

I was not in any way trying to attack you OASIS, my apologies if that was how it was taken. You are educated in all of audio/video and you have an amazing setup. I was mostly trying to get some info out there to help with the 3D problem, we all seem to be having in some ways. HDMI cables DO matter, as well as a power conditioner and how your system is setup. If you have a high end tv or audio system and you cheap out on the cabling, you are going to get crap. Might as well not even have bought high end equipment. I too, am a audio/video junky and I find it all very interesting, and it is a passion for me.

In correction, the diamond HDMI cable is overkill, but I think well worth it. I did some looked into the cable, because I was looking to buy it as well. With 100% silver content, it is a completely different animal then the other cables by audioquest. The highest silver content the others go is 10%, so I am positive that this cable with not only give you the best audio but also improve picture quality. So, I do apologize OASIS, and I am looking into getting one myself!