Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 3D support thread

yap!  me too... same tv, same problem. its not possible to play MP in 3d, because of the ghost images and flickering!!!

please work on that!

[ Edited ]

I am running a Panasonic Plasma 3D TV and mine runs absolutely flawless. For the ones having ghosting issues and stuff check into these.

If your TV can adjust the 3D image from side by side of overlay to see if that helps. As well it could be your cables make sure your running really good 3D HDMI cables, if you are running it as pass-through with a Receiver try bypassing the receiver and going into your TV and use optical out if that works.

I forgot to mention the ghosting can occurs if your glasses are not getting the IR input like its being blocked by an object or low glasses battery. The shutter lens would not flicker fast enough to separate the images and you will see the blurry ghost in your glasses

Sephiroth_971 wrote:

LevTrin12 wrote:

Hi all,

While we have a dedicated support thread for network errors and Move/Sharpshooter this was not available for 3D yet. We have tried to create the best 3D experience for all players and TV's. We can't provide support for every individual TV of course. But if you have any specific 3D issues with Killzone 3 please post them here. We'll have a look and try to figure it out.

Thanks,

Lev

this can't be good...i bought the 3D sony because of this game...i haven't tried it yet but thread like this doesn't provide confidence.

Me 2 the 3D suport was the entire reason I purchased a PS3 to begin with the 3D better be coming on strong! Like MK Smiley Happy The Move suport with the move gun was my entire reason of purchasing a PS-move, This Game! And the lack of support like no melee is getting annoying.

[ Edited ]

i am using a sony 3d tv without any problems with 100% depth (i guess that was what the setting was called)... i only see slightly ghost images in the cut scenes, which does not bother me at all... have you guys with problems check if you did the 3d setup correctly from the display settings in the xmb and that you use a minimum of hdmi 1.3 cable??? btw, i am using an hdmi 1.4a cable and can watch movies and play games perfectly...

edit: in order to do a melee attack with the move or sharpshooter you have to make a stabbing motion forward in the direction of the camera... Smiley Happy

Well I was totally unaware that there was a 3d setting on the XMB. That'll be down to me diving into everything headers as usual. I'll go and set that up as soon as I get home. With regard to "ghosting" I only notice it on the cut scenes, most specifically the ones featuring Stahl. Sometimes they are unwatchable. In game I have virtually no ghosting at all. I just notice a drop in resolution. Like I have gained 3d but lost HD and am playing through a start lead. A lot of textures on clothing and sand seem to be lost in 3d. But the sense of depth is amazing. Battling the MAWLR is absolutely the best experience I have had in 3d. I'm using a Panasonic 42" plasma. I have heard that the plasma just has the edge over lcd tvs with 3d due to their increased refresh rate. Bare in mind everyone that 3d is in its infancy and games will get better and better with it. If you have seen the new Motorstorm demo in 3d it looks far better than this. So let's hope games just keep getting better and our early adoptions turn out to be great investments indeed.

the 3d setup of the ps3 in the xmb consists of only specifying the screen size, nothing fancy... Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

( Panasonic TC-P65VT25 )

I was having the ghosting effect, the game alone gave me a head-ache after 30mins of game play in 3D without adjustments. And the only way I can get rid of it, was 4 cases of beer and 2 hours of tweaking. The next day after sobering up Smiley Wink , I was mind blown, my 30min game play turned into a a full day camping event in my theater. This is the best FPS 3D game as of yet, 2 thumbs up to the Chris Haluke, Lead Game Designer & his crew at Guerrilla Games. The Campaign and the Multi player action in 3D will keep your heart beating, for more brutal melee kills to a new, albeit very disturbing level. As well me drinks, will be nominated for sure Best Game of the Year.

Recommended Setup:

1: Panasonic 3D TV: Plasma just has the edge over lcd/led/lazer etc. tvs with 3D due to their increased refresh rate (games/sports events)

2: 3D Glasses: fully charged, no objects blocking view of reception of IR

3: PS3: 3D setup correctly from the display settings in the xmb menu , KIllzone 3 Helghast Edition inserted

4: PS Move "Sharp Shooter" Gun: If U are HARDCORE

5: Audioquest : Diamond HDMI cable or use any other High quality 3D certified cable

6: Killer 3D Receiver: if not try bypassing the receiver and going into your TV and use optical out

7: Case Of beer (Budweiser) or if under age Smiley Sad Case of Monster Energy drinks U WILL NEED IT!

8: Port-A-Potty

My Settings:

PANASONIC 3D PLASMA

Picture mode : Custom
Contrast: +100
Brightness: +100
Color: +50
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +50

Color temp: Warm2
Color mgmt: On
x.v.Color: Auto
C.A.T.S.: Off
Video NR: Strong
Blur reduction: On

Aspect adjustments(3D)
:HD size: Size 2
HDMI/DVI RGB range (3D)
:Auto
Advanced picture(3D)
:Block NR: Off
:Mosquito NR: On
:Black level: Light

KILLZONE 3

:3D Depth 35%

:I brought up the brightness a little bit "In Game Menu" so I can taste the snow flakes.

I hope this helps for u all, Panasonic Lovers out there..

"Killzone 3 is as close to perfect as online shooters get, and I do not say that lightly. Just the amount of entertainment that the multi player provides, not to mention that the story mode itself really provides some greatness when it needs to. I don't think the PlayStation 3 has ever had quite such a rounded, satisfactory package as this, with this level of polish, refinement and pure, simple, unpretentious action. Killzone 3 is the shooter to beat."

CHEERS and Happy Fragging

OASIS

Ah, then i have already set the 3d up on the XMB. I thought I had missed some new setting hidden away. I've been playing with the depth set to 50%. That feels good in game but I might try to reduce it further. I don't understand why there is any ghosting on the cut scenes. Those are pre made on the disc and your settings shouldn't apply to them. They should automatically be set like a 3d movie.

The big thing is your cables. I’m running 100% depth on mine and it’s brilliant! My cut scenes don’t even ghost. The Panasonic 50in plasma is unreal in 3d. Yes plasma and Panasonic have hte most advanced 3D technology and the individual controls over each black pixel really bring the 3D into its own that you won’t receive from a LED/LCD.

I will give my setting to see if it will help anyone. I’m running Optical out bc I screwed up when I got my receiver and it doesn’t allow 3D pass-through on HDMI Smiley Sad

Monster 17.5gb 3D cables with Monster Optical out. <-- The cables are a big deal

3D on TV set to auto

Color settings on Game there still awesome but these are the best settings I have found for the TV in general.

Picture Mode: THX

Contrast: +65

Brightness +85

Color +30

Tint: 0

Sharpness +71

When the game started with the sharp shooter was not even playable. The only thing you could shoot was the ceiling and your teammate if he stood still long enough. So I have found these settings to work great.

Deadzone Width 70%

Deadzone Height 60%

Crosshair sensitivity 10%

Turn Speed 20%

Hope that helps some of you

Oops forgot to add when calibrating the move. Some times have to do it 5-8 times :-/ to make sure it calibrates in the lower corners and u dont have to aim 5 feet past your TV. Also turn the sensativity all the way down.