Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: RIP Killzone 2 - Video Tribute

Our_Jud wrote:

Are the scenes from 3:30 (in the first clip) where you're running along without a weapon, actual gameplay or is it some cut scene?

I've played this game a dozen times and don't remember those cut scenes or knew you could holster your weapon.

It's a no weapon glitch. Play as sabeteur, go to a ammo box. Get ammo & press disquise at the same time. Then you gun wont appear after you get ammo. 

Great vid Fury!  Over 1000 hours of Kz 2, it's the best FPS ever made IMO! I might have to jump on a game for a bit.  Sad to see that GG pretty much peaked at #2.  I do like KzSF and it's nice to see some of the skill come back, but the maps are small and there's way too many bots for these small-ish maps.

djwille88 wrote:

Great vid Fury!  Over 1000 hours of Kz 2, it's the best FPS ever made IMO! I might have to jump on a game for a bit.  Sad to see that GG pretty much peaked at #2.  I do like KzSF and it's nice to see some of the skill come back, but the maps are small and there's way too many bots for these small-ish maps.

I 100% agree.

- Imagine if GG had kept KZ2's formula. 

- 8 classes (including a female class)

- small, medium, & large Pyrrhus style maps. 

- less Godlike bots & more realistic bots.

- 48 player max

- proper server lists & menu That's easy to read like KZ2's

- a squad system 

- add operations mode to all the maps.

& much more innovative things. 

Exactly what I wish!

Photobucket

[ Edited ]

Hall95 wrote:

Exactly what I wish!

What about this idea I thought of. Remember that game syndicate & how it had holographic ammo & ability indicators on the gun instead of on the hud. That would have been a cool addition to the game. Also having holographic crosshairs that display like lasers in front of your gun & they react to movement. Soemthing like the Dead Space holographic crosshairs in First person view. 

Also a engineer class that actually carries his bot in a back pack on his back & he has to manually deploy & set up the bot & press a key code to turn it on. Imagine what a cool animation that would be. plus a unlockable mobile turret like the ones in the middle of Blood gracht that you can place anywhere. Gosh, so many ideas. 

Plus you could buy DLC robot sounds like R2 D2 that scream when it blows up.  

I might not be fast & twitchy like the casuals like it, but it would be alot more fun & tactical, than majic materializing bots.

Way Cool!

Great little video. KZ2 was/is my favourite game of all time. Not only is the campaign excellent, but the MP is just incredible. I only spent arond 50 hours playing online in Warzone, but they were the best 50 hours of gaming i have ever had. Just the atmosphere in this game, the maps, the classes.. All of it added up to something truly special.

While i enjoyed KZ3 and i'm currently playing KZSF, niether come close to KZ2. I wonder where it all went wrong really in the later games. Both are great, but i hunger for more of that KZ2 gameplay! Currently considering getting a PS3 again to play it and some other games i miss dearly.

Glad there is still a good active playerbase though, this game deserves it until they turn off the servers..

Kz2 is still online, playing a lot of people, but no more than in 2010 and 2011, I hope that never close servers kz2  Smiley Wink

Been playing since release. I won't be retiring until I make it to the top of the scoreboard. This is my favorite shooter, better than KZ3, Halo, or any other shooter.

Nice video!!