Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: killzone 1 was legendary

Agree about the characters. Templar > Sev; KZ1 Rico > KZ2 Rico. But the story was just cliche and inferior in Killzone 2. Killzone 1 just had a unique sci-fi feeling.

Hey yeah, what the f*** happened to Hakha?  He just disappeared.  I was too caught up in how epic kz2 was to realize.  And Jan's ex-lover.  I miss Jan.  He was a badass D:

yeah templer was amazing but to be honest i preffer sev

put characters aside killzone was and will be a classic for aslong as possible and killzone was one of the greater games of the generation long live killzone (series)

what does everyone say we need a HD remake of the original killzone imagine playing killzone 1 in HD. just put new features in from killzone 3 but don't over do it. Brutal kills is a must for me. Sliding into cover are the mains for a remake improvements

in when i first sled for cover in KZ3 i was like OMG!  Killzone 2 loved the story how it had alot of action like KZ1, but i agree what did happen to Hakka or however you spell it, maybe Killzone 4 will bring him back, but it would have been sweet to bring him in KZ3.  Oh **bleep**, maybe he is the general who lands at the end of 3!!!

To be honest, I'm in the middle of playing Killzone 1 and the only characters I've liked out of all of them so far are Hakha and Templar. Templar not so much because he seems like a really dull person.

Rico is one of the most annoying characters I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. His voice is stupidly stereotypical, made worse by him saying some stupid taunt line after every Helghast I kill. I'd rather shoot him than hear him repeat his limited script.

Luger is also up there. This may be a little biased for me by the possibility that her voice actor also voices Sheva in Resident Evil 5 (another annoying character), but she isn't helpful at all. I don't want to hear her telling me to be quiet at EVERY encounter we come across, not to mention repeating the same dialogue like Rico.

I'll admit that it was probably quite an accomplishment for the PS2, considering that they didn't really have a line of  competitive first-person shooters at the time, but in my opinion Killzone was not legendary. It was cool at simulating an urban environment, and it gets kudos for remaining in there for a large portion of the story, but it wasn't legendary. Half-Life 2 came out the same year, and it blew Killzone out of the water. What made Killzone last as a franchise was its setting and atmosphere. It's an interesting one, which hopefully will be better expanded in the coming years.

agreed they r lucky we have kz wiki to get our info about the kz universe do any of u know who those midgets  with the STA52, pistols or the LMG r (u first see them at the start of mission 2 and also they r the 1s with the pistols in the part with jet bikes and mg. Thanks.