Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

killzone 1 was legendary

For it's time Killzone was a legend. I loved the storyline, Scifi meets realism

Re: killzone 1 was legendary

Hy,how u make your killzone-card?

Hy,Smiley Happyhow do u make your killzone-card?

i agree with you,they should have kept jan templer as main character,i like him more than sev

yea killzone was great. I'd say it has better characters than Killzone 2 and maybe perhaps killzone 3 (to be seen yet). Killzone had some brains and muscle in its story and dialogue, while Killzone 2 is all muscled up dialogue with no brains at all (all they know are swear words). Which makes me wonder how the hell did those group of people become so called special forces -_-, they sound so stupid. In addition to that, Killzone drama was well executed and you can really get into it. Killzone 2 on the other hand all of a sudden throws u a random bromance regarding how one of them died, which you could really careless about coz its all so awkward and poorly executed.

But!!! this is the big but!! killzone gameplay had small glitches all over which accumulated all together. While killzone 2 has a way superior gameplay. Honestly, can we please have killzone's amazing story and dialogue and killzone's amazing gameplay (even better in K3 as it appears with the videos) in Killzone 3? If they have another trashy story line and dialogue in Killzone 3 i swear they should fire who ever the writer is.

Ashab993 wrote:
i agree with you,they should have kept jan templer as main character,i like him more than sev

And they should have brought back Hakha.

agreed, a great game that I still play from time to time...(with thanks to my trusty 60gb!) 

I miss my old 60 gig ps3, i loved being able to play Killzone 1 once in a while.

It was such a unique fresh game, and was extremely realistic and felt like a real warzone, even tho it was made to run on a console weaker than my mobile phone.

I loved being able to play as the different characters.  

Yup it sure was, good plot twists, engaging characters, nothing was better then then useing a knife in fp with the melee system, however some of the glitches drove me around the bend. In my opinion killzone 2 had an excellent story line, you shouldn't really compare there stories since one is the continuation, when the helghast pulled the surprise attack on the isa cruisers i was stoked, the helghast are deffently my favourite sci fi group, right up there with the protoss in sc.

The storyline is good in both games, but the problem with KZ2 are the characters.The addition of excessive swearing, the lack of using other characters, the lack of any back story behind them. (Besides Rico for obvious reasons but even then it's iffy. Why is he with these people you might wonder as you play. The KZ wiki reveals the uninteresting backstory behind it all.)

In the original you have Jan, who while only somewhat boring, gives off the character trait of a leader while still having flaws and vices that normally don't plague most story-book leader type heroes which often makes them boring gods.

Then you have Sev, who really isn't all that interesting, less interesting than Jan was because we don't even know who he is or who the people around him are. The game doesn't even tell you the backstory between Garza and Sev which makes the whole spoiler event even less interesting than it would have been. Not to mention how cliche it was.

-

Then with Luger you have a character who manages to serve as Templer's Flaw which allows for some funny pieces of dialogue, and introduces a stealth (although somewhat under developed) system into the game.

Then you have Garza, who's only redeemable trait is opening doors. Otherwise he's pretty much a sarcastic cookie cutter character. Moving on.

-

Then Rico allows you to play as a Run'n'Gunner if you aren't interested in Lugar or Jan's gameplay. Also this allows feuding between him and Hakha which gives more good game dialogue, helps solidify the rag-tag nature of the group and gives reasons for clever little quips. It also allows character development between the group too. Even if he is annoying on his own.

Counterpart to new Rico, seeing as he was annoying in the first game, at least he held up some of the storyline and character interactions on his shoulders. Now he's basically the same person without Hahka around to make him less annoying. They turned him from trying to be a badass and failing, to being a screw up, maybe they knew we hated him and made it worse.

-

Finally Hahka (I'm not sure whether it's HK or KH so look away from the discrepancies). He offered the logical side of Rico and was generally savvy, suave and knew how to pull off sarcasm and wit. He didn't offer much gameplay wise, but he was a really well developed character.

Contrast Natko. Who loves your mother and at 40 years old sounds like he came straight out middle school. The fact that this guy is 40 and making jokes equivalent to something I'd hear my younger cousin say is awfully sad. He also reminds me a lot of Garza but older which feels like they were trying to make a counterpart to Garza but failed miserably because no one gave a crap about the characters in the first place.