Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Hail to the King!!!!

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

PCs are PCs thats why you can swap out and upgrade graphics cards and what not.  These consoles obviously are working with hardware thats 6+ years old...and it's beginning to push it to the max of what we can see this gen.

Consoles will need to wait until next gen to see BF3 quality shown in the teaser trailer.

Yep. This current gen has been maxed out. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get the PS4.

Yeah but I can wait, there's a slew of great games coming out this year and with the new handhelds I'd say the new gen is about 1.5-2 years out.  I think next year we will begin to see some unveilings and rumblings about the next home console hardware.

Zogs Last Guardian does look good, but as these games get more advanced, they take longer to make with bigger teams and cost more money.  Some of these games have been taking forever to develop.  Look at FF13, or GT5 for instance...looks great and took forever, but in the end wasn't worth the wait.  The gameplay didn't match the polish.

I fear a lot of games will now take much longer.  i wouldn't be surprised if Last Guardian gets delayed to the PS4 at this rate.

I want the Last Guardian SO bad. Smiley Sad I'm thinking 2012, late 2012. 6 years after PS3 sounds about right. Also the fact that their major devs (ND, GG, MM etc..) are coming out with games this year. I wonder what the specs will be...

Good point.  I can't help but feel that after this last slew of games from big developers their next projects will be for the PS4.  They might already even have the hardware kits and have started to program for it for all we know.  I think Uncharted 3 will be ND last game on the PS3 and R3 for Insomniac...at least big games.  There might be another Ratchet but it seems it wouldn't take a huge team as the engine is already in place.

It's an interesting time in gaming these next few years to see where things go.

The break down of this trailer:

http://www.offdutygamers.com/2011/03/battlefield-3-fault-line-series-episode-i-breakdown/

Cant wait for the 16th when part 2 is out

sarvajit wrote:

The break down of this trailer:

http://www.offdutygamers.com/2011/03/battlefield-3-fault-line-series-episode-i-breakdown/

Cant wait for the 16th when part 2 is out

That bores me, people go so in depth trying to figure out what?  It will all be revealed in time.

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

PCs are PCs thats why you can swap out and upgrade graphics cards and what not.  These consoles obviously are working with hardware thats 6+ years old...and it's beginning to push it to the max of what we can see this gen.

Consoles will need to wait until next gen to see BF3 quality shown in the teaser trailer.

Yep. This current gen has been maxed out. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get the PS4.

Yeah but I can wait, there's a slew of great games coming out this year and with the new handhelds I'd say the new gen is about 1.5-2 years out.  I think next year we will begin to see some unveilings and rumblings about the next home console hardware.

Zogs Last Guardian does look good, but as these games get more advanced, they take longer to make with bigger teams and cost more money.  Some of these games have been taking forever to develop.  Look at FF13, or GT5 for instance...looks great and took forever, but in the end wasn't worth the wait.  The gameplay didn't match the polish.

I fear a lot of games will now take much longer.  i wouldn't be surprised if Last Guardian gets delayed to the PS4 at this rate.

Slightly off topic here but it annoys me that GT5 and TLG get 5 odd years for development but K3 only got 2. Another year and GG could have cleaned a lot of the crap out of the game, all we've gotten now is an unsatisfactory ending to the franchise. 

Also your right about development times, it's scary to think how long next gen console games will take to make. Killzone's engine took almost 5 years, GoW 3's took almost 6, i'm geussing the first games of next gen will be mostly based off 'roided' up versions of currant engines. 

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

I want the Last Guardian SO bad. Smiley Sad I'm thinking 2012, late 2012. 6 years after PS3 sounds about right. Also the fact that their major devs (ND, GG, MM etc..) are coming out with games this year. I wonder what the specs will be...

Good point.  I can't help but feel that after this last slew of games from big developers their next projects will be for the PS4.  They might already even have the hardware kits and have started to program for it for all we know.  I think Uncharted 3 will be ND last game on the PS3 and R3 for Insomniac...at least big games.  There might be another Ratchet but it seems it wouldn't take a huge team as the engine is already in place.

It's an interesting time in gaming these next few years to see where things go.

Wouldn't the hardware kits be a little early though?  As you said, 2012 just lines up real nice. You get the last great batch of games in 2011, then their top devs can start on the PS4 in 2012.

On a side note, you you imagine Uncharted with Crysis 1 type graphics? **bleep**.

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Well TLG has been promised for Q4 this year for Japan, mid 2012 for everyone else is what I expect.

On the next console specs I expect 1080p 60FPS minimum as a standard but I fear after the PS3's launch no one will push the boundries to much.  

Mr_Zogs wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Slightly off topic here but it annoys me that GT5 and TLG get 5 odd years for development but K3 only got 2. Another year and GG could have cleaned a lot of the crap out of the game, all we've gotten now is an unsatisfactory ending to the franchise. 

Also your right about development times, it's scary to think how long next gen console games will take to make. Killzone's engine took almost 5 years, GoW 3's took almost 6, i'm geussing the first games of next gen will be mostly based off 'roided' up versions of currant engines. 

I truly think that Sony pushed GG to get the game out to support the Move. I know, tin foil hat time but it does kind of make sense when you think about it. Smiley Tongue

[ Edited ]

It turns out that in the time of kz2, Visari made a clone to work as him because I got a special copy of battlefield before anyone else in our time(even though hes hundred of years in the future)

and he went into a safehouse that was even imprevious to petrosite.

6 months later his guards open the hatch and find visari 50 pounds heavier with cheeto dust on his chest still playing the game, he then looks outside and says "WTF!?!??!"

Mr_Zogs wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Well TLG has been promised for Q4 this year for Japan, mid 2012 for everyone else is what I expect.

On the next console specs I expect 1080p 60FPS minimum as a standard but I fear after the PS3's launch no one will push the boundries to much.  

I saw a report a few months ago that AMD won the new Xbox fight as the CPU M$ will use. As you said, 1080P and 60FPS as a bench.

(Sorry about the weird wording of the first sentence, haha.)

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

Mr_Zogs wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

jedistarkiller wrote:

I truly think that Sony pushed GG to get the game out to support the Move. I know, tin foil hat time but it does kind of make sense when you think about it. Smiley Tongue

Yeah and to lead the charge for 3D. 

Though the time spent on Move & 3D wouldn't have affected K3 directly due to the reletive ease in which their implemented; I'll put good money on them shortening K3 possible development time.