Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HOPES DASHED FOR SWBF BY DICE/EA

I've pretty much convinced myself that the upcomming Star Wars Battlefront by DICE won't have any form of offline MP with bots (instant action) like the originals did. My reasoning for this is that Star Wars is a story driven franchise, unlike Battlefield so  DICE are more than obligated to make a single player campaign for the game, great we know their track record there. And then of course there is the online MP that they devote MOST of their energy to. I predict that Galctic Conquest will become an "online only" feature. Also, if DICE decide to include destructible environments then you can be sure to kiss any hope for offline instant action goodbye because AI can't pathfind on the fly when programmed routes are cut off via destruction... so there's that to consider too. Dice is going to make Battlefront bigger and better than ever.... just as long as you have to pay for it online. Bot support means free replay value and greedy corperate execs would rather keep the real replay value behind a paywall. It would be great if DICE/EA made an exception with SWBF and leave enough room in the game for the offline with bots mode INSTANT ACTION/GALACTIC CONQUEST but between DICE's lazyness to code good AI and EA's greeeed, I don't see it happening. Many SWBF fans are going to be sorely dissapointed come 2015.

Re: HOPES DASHED FOR SWBF BY DICE/EA

they better make it like the originals i liked messing around with bots

Re: HOPES DASHED FOR SWBF BY DICE/EA

With this new generation the trend seems to be moving farther from offline gaming, disturbing trend. How much do you pay each month for internet, fifty to sixty dollars? Around the cost of a game a month, beyond the initial sixty dollar cost. So you wind up spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars (depending on how much time you invest online) for a game that you won't be able to enjoy years down the road. A video game collection should be like a good collection of books or movies that you can go back to at any time to re-experience. You just can't do that with an online game. Your renting at least ten fold for a game you can't keep vs. a game that offers offline MP with bots. It really is becoming a dying art if it weren't for companies like GG and Treyarch who provide that courtesey to it's offline fanbase. But companies like EA only provide their offline customers with the "budget" single player tacked on garbage with no replay value. Dice should just drop their single player all together and put that energy into coding advanced AI so they can throw us a bone for once.... and that once needs to be Star Wars Battlefront. Because THEY KNOW if they omit the offline modes then they would be killing the best part of the original series and so many fans would rage.