Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Problems with unlock codes, HOME, Retro Pack and pre-order bonuses

Hi Lev,

what about users (SCEE), who redeemed the HOME code (the right one - 3 unlock points) and DID NOT receive any unlock points in KZ3, although code was accepted by the system? I am still in this situation.

What can I do now?

Regards, Gil
</eom>

24 hour double XP

There is some misunderstanding about the 24 hour double XP bonus. A few people thought that the 24 hours meant 24 hours of playing the game and not 24 consecutive hours (a.k.a. 1 day).

We’re sorry that this caused confusion. You can imagine that giving 24 pure gameplay hours of double XP would warp the Killzone 3 Multiplayer progression and that is something that we don’t want. The 24 hours starts ticking when you activate the code and it ends 24 hours afterwards.

In contrast to this, for a couple of people the 24 hours did not get registered properly (it went on too long). This has been addressed and put right. 

A couple of points I wanted to share regarding my experience with the bonus.  First, although I knew it was 24 hours real time and agree that 24 hours of multiplayer bonus is just ridiculous, I wasn't aware it was from the time of activation.  I assumed it was from the time I joined a multiplayer game.  The Super Voucher covered all of the bonus content (Double XP, Skill unlock, soundtrack, theme, etc) so I plugged it in soon after picking it up to get that stuff downloading.  I wasn't able to get online until several hours later, so right there I wasted a chunk of the bonus.  I feel this was just poorly worded and could have easily been communicated better with the terms "real time" and "upon activation".   Although common sense would say that nobody is getting 24 hours of actual time in game worth of bonus, overall it was very confusing.
Second, by the time I was able to get online, server performance and connection issues were so bad that I got about 11 minutes of gameplay within that 24 hours.  Not much to add there.  The problems are well known and documented.

dpg70 wrote:

24 hour double XP

There is some misunderstanding about the 24 hour double XP bonus. A few people thought that the 24 hours meant 24 hours of playing the game and not 24 consecutive hours (a.k.a. 1 day).

We’re sorry that this caused confusion. You can imagine that giving 24 pure gameplay hours of double XP would warp the Killzone 3 Multiplayer progression and that is something that we don’t want. The 24 hours starts ticking when you activate the code and it ends 24 hours afterwards.

In contrast to this, for a couple of people the 24 hours did not get registered properly (it went on too long). This has been addressed and put right. 

A couple of points I wanted to share regarding my experience with the bonus.  First, although I knew it was 24 hours real time and agree that 24 hours of multiplayer bonus is just ridiculous, I wasn't aware it was from the time of activation.  I assumed it was from the time I joined a multiplayer game.  The Super Voucher covered all of the bonus content (Double XP, Skill unlock, soundtrack, theme, etc) so I plugged it in soon after picking it up to get that stuff downloading.  I wasn't able to get online until several hours later, so right there I wasted a chunk of the bonus.  I feel this was just poorly worded and could have easily been communicated better with the terms "real time" and "upon activation".   Although common sense would say that nobody is getting 24 hours of actual time in game worth of bonus, overall it was very confusing.
Second, by the time I was able to get online, server performance and connection issues were so bad that I got about 11 minutes of gameplay within that 24 hours.  Not much to add there.  The problems are well known and documented.

stop complaining, i have perpetual 2X bonus and everything unlocked and it sucks so count yourself lucky

yes it was poorly worded but obviously 24 hours of game play time is way too much, common sense says that it was to last for 24 hours real time because 24 hours of game time with double XP is enough to reach CiC. . .

hi lev..psn is The7thOverlord region is europe(uk)..my collectors edition code will not work...is this problem still being investigated or have i missed out.?

Hi Lev,

About the 24 hours and the doble XP in my case was just wrong, because you people must have said it before, you didnt say that was real time and not online time. If i knew this from the beggining i would it save my code to use it on a weekend or something. I love the game, but I think this was just you guys fault  because you didnt explain really well how it worked it.

Why? Why is it that the product & the benefits, rewards & offers of said products is so different from region to region? we all by the same product, in one form or another & yet depending on where we reside, entitles us to different rewards & incentives. How is that justifiable?

Hi!

I still have this problem with the pre-order bonuses even after the new patch 1.04. I have 60 unlock points that i can't use.

My region: Europe, PSN ID: SpikeW and problem "All unlocked".

Hopefully you can fix this. Thanks

Also do you know when will the next map be available to download for PS3 like the map in this website which is THE JUNKYARD and STAHL'S ARMS map.

Thanks

I still have the same problem with "All unlocked".

Today I contacted SONY, maybe they can help.

xkelan wrote:

I still have the same problem with "All unlocked".

Today I contacted SONY, maybe they can help.

Which country?

SpikeW, which country?

I am sending this info to PSN to get checked out.

Lev