Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with unlock codes, HOME, Retro Pack and pre-order bonuses

Hi all,

We’ve noticed that for a few of you the codes provided for pre-order bonuses (like double XP and the Retro pack) are not working perfectly. Guerrilla and Sony are working hard to determine the exact problems and are trying to remedy each individual issue.

Please note: throughout different territories, different stores and different game editions, the pre-order bonuses vary. So getting 3 unlock points with 1 store, in one territory will not get you the same bonus in another territory or store. Please thoroughly check which bonuses you were entitled to before reading on. Contact your store if you are not sure.

Guerrilla Games does not have this information per retailer, as we are published in over 100 countries, all with different editions and pre-order bonuses. If you are still sure that you are missing something, here are the most mentioned issues:

24 hour double XP

There is some misunderstanding about the 24 hour double XP bonus. A few people thought that the 24 hours meant 24 hours of playing the game and not 24 consecutive hours (a.k.a. 1 day).

We’re sorry that this caused confusion. You can imagine that giving 24 pure gameplay hours of double XP would warp the Killzone 3 Multiplayer progression and that is something that we don’t want. The 24 hours starts ticking when you activate the code and it ends 24 hours afterwards.

In contrast to this, for a couple of people the 24 hours did not get registered properly (it went on too long). This has been addressed and put right. 

HOME

SCEE users could play the Plaza Defender Game and earn 3 unlock points:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/24/killzone-3-invades-playstation-home/

“completing all three levels will grant you three Unlock Points, which can be redeemed for new weapons and abilities in Killzone 3 multiplayer.”

Some SCEE users were able to get the Retro Pack by playing the game. This was a mistake and has been rectified.

SCEA users also could earn 3 Unlock points:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/26/killzone-3-invades-playstation-home-tomorrow-with-rewards-...

“if you can survive all three levels of relentless Helghast assault you’ll receive a voucher good for three Unlock Points that can be redeemed for new weapons and abilities in the Killzone 3 multiplayer.”

To get the Retro Pack through HOME you had to live in the USA and order Killzone 3 in HOME via Amazon:

“That’s not all – Players that pre-order Killzone 3 through Amazon.com straight from the kiosk in Central Plaza will receive:”

• A limited edition Killzone 3 jetpack for your Home avatar, not available anywhere else
  • Unlock and Load Pack, instant access to an additional three Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice in Killzone 3 multiplayer
  • Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2

If you are still experiencing problems, Sony Consumer Services should be able to respond to your queries.

Europe:

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/support/

United States:

http://us.playstation.com/support/index.htm

Specific Store/Region problems:

Europe

GAME  (UK store)

The store GAME had wrong codes provided to them, this has been rectified. To get a new code, please contact the store where you bought Killzone 3.

United States

Walmart (US Store) 

The store got a few wrong codes provided to them, this has been rectified. To get a new code, please contact the where you bought Killzone 3. 

Strategy guide (FuturePress)

FuturePress got a few wrong codes provided to them, this has been rectified. To get a new code, please contact FuturePress. 

Thanks for your patience.

Guerrilla Games

Re: Problems with unlock codes, HOME, Retro Pack and pre-order bonuses

Lol at anyone dumb enough to think the 24 hr bonus XP meant 24 hrs playtime....anytime.

hey levtrin i've been dying to get this question answered but i have yet to have any dev confirm or say anything.  I got 2 pre-order bonus one from my helghast edition and one for pre-ordering at gamestop.  Would i be able to stack the 2? getting 48hours of weapon and skill unlock and 24hour of 2x exp I live in Canada by the way.  Also is it safe to use my super voucher at this time?  Thanks i hope you could answer my questions :/  been trying to ask before the release of kz3

yes, i error code home, and errore code voucher game, no exp, no 3 point, no all arms

I have this very problem, vent it " on too long"Smiley Mad And I really wont to stop it.

ah yes thanks GG, I saw that the double XP has been fixed now.

also that the repeating of maps is better now.

But please note... I still have all Classes UNLOCKED

adfdaf

[ Edited ]

i got the Helghast Edition for $250 Australian Dollars (which is about more than 250 US dollars right now)

when i entered my supercode a week ago i expected to get a good 5 hours of double XP and three unlock points

i got all weapons unlocked for a week and double XP for just as long

i will check now to see if it is fixed, will be back with the answer

i thank you for addrerssing the issue now hopefully it has worked

EDIT: Surely enough it hasn't worked for all unlocks. . . i still have all guns unlocked and 28 unlock points sitting there doing absolutely nothing

i will not play until it is fixed, i'm through being optimistic about this there is no fun left in a game with everything already unlocked

please please please fix it!

I am having certain issues with the "Super Voucher" code in my Hellghast Edition of KZ3. I am with the military stationed in Asia at the moment. My PSN account US Registered.

I  picked up the Hellghast Edition mainly for the DLC and I got the Hong  Kong Version which came with the Action Fig, Book, Helmet, Collectors  Edition (with DLC Code inside) and a separate code for Double xp and 3  unlocks.

The DLC Map, Soundtrack and Theme are on a separate slip of paper inside the Steelbox and I managed to get that to work fine by redeeming it on a Hong Kong account on the same console as my US account. I am able to use the DLC maps, theme and soundtrack.

The other slip of paper (Super Voucher) was in the helmet and as per Sony does not work like the DLC code. This code only works on the account it is redeemed on. This is a problem since my account is US and the game/codes are Hong Kong. I bought the Hellghast Edition mainly for all the DLC and Unlocks and am disappointed that I might not be able to use it.

I called Sony HK today and I was rudely  informed that the codes are region locked and I should call GG to get  this resolved since they are the ones who region locked the data.

Is there any way to get this resolved as had I known this was a problem I would have not bothered buying the Hellghast Edition and would have purchased the regular instead.

Thanks.

"All unlocked" is not fixed, Please please do Something with it.