Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Patch 1.11 - Freezing on Spawn fix

Offtopic:

Lev,

The ability to create custom games is ranked, but what it's missing is the option of having a custom match as a ranked match.

I'd like to know if the dev team have future plans to include the option of having ranked matches for custom games, or just ave all custom matches as ranked matches.

Also, I am the type of gamer that likes to have the ability to just jump into a public game w.o too much fuss whenever I have a spare moment. Therefore, my friends list is somewhat small atm. I'd like to see the ability to create custom matches and have anyone looking for a game join, just like in Killzone 2.

Lets also bring back spawn of your squad leader!!!  please Smiley Happy

But before that can we please have just one more map in Operations??? Just one, i am not asking for a Map bundle...just a little love for us die hard Ops fans!

thanks for reading,

Manny

How do those new Operations maps look?Smiley Wink

LevTrin12 wrote:

FxAxF wrote:
Thanks Lev Smiley Happy I can also see a few map fixes in there too. There's a minor discussion starting in the English forum regarding invisible walls on multiplayer maps. Is there any way we can relay these locations to you for you guys to check out?

Sure,

Screenshots (that clearly show the location) would help, so pictures is probably the easiest way for us. Otherwise a clear description of the spot is needed.

We can always look at the spot and see if we can fix it for you.

Lev

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Ever see a guy above you below you or simple on the other side of a fence.... you go to shoot him and yet the bullets dont go through theres just a lil wall blocking you? and he trys to shoot and sees the same thing? GG asked to see picture and proof of these to be fixed in future patchs! http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/ShadowedExistenceKz3/Invisible%20Walls%20in%20Kz3/ here is a photo bucket of pictures I am adding to daily on kz3 glitches can other people plz add to this, GG said if they see clear pics of the issue they will try to resolve it heres a example:

there are many more of these on every map just look for fences and shoot them to see if you can get through them 1 of the worst ones is in the building on phyrruss crater to the right of the bunker were ypu can clearly see through it yet cant put 1 bullet throught it another are numerouse akmir one were at bottom basement the coreners around the poles have a 1 - 2 inch invisible wall witch will stop me n clan matchs from getting the guy 1st and on top of isa spawn on akmir there is a bar or pole extending up[ were on the inside of it whitch is 3 feet canr be shot through on

Guerrilla Games - Developer

Finkledoodoo wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

Finkledoodoo wrote:
That's great. Thank you very much. I have one question, The server lag has been different since 1.08, could you please give a brief explanation as to what happened. It's so odd, I'm just fascinated with it. I need to understand. Please, even a layman's explanation would suffice.

If you are talking about the short freezes on spawn.  It was a bit of a freak occurance really.  Something that is really tricky to test against and took us a while to track down with great help from the community. 

It occurs more to players with large amounts of friends, which is what difficult to spot. 

Thats the tricky thing with the amount of patching we are doing.  Every time you touch any part of the game you run the rishk of changing something at the other end, in a unrelated place which can cause issues that wont be discovered until the change is live. 

Mother666,
yes and no.
I am talking about the freeze, but there is more to it than just the freezes from the friends list. Games froze (3 seconds or so) from changing load outs too. And I think the freezing adds server lag. If I get a couple of notifications, I'll start to get a session master issue. If I play with my clan (we are all friends together) are playing and we all get the same friend notification, the higher the number of us getting that friend request will lag the whole game as if it were moved to an asia server. I think joining games where people have had a couple freezes play with more of a significance on server lag than not.

This is speculative; from my observations while playing. If I join a small or recently started room, the server lag will not be an issue. If I get a friend freeze, nothing noticeable happens, but after about three, the fire fights start to become one sided. I've found that if I have about 5-6 freezes in the same room, either I will lose most to all of my firefights and get a session master notification or I will be an unstoppable killing machine. Also, Ive noticed these effects when players complain about their freezing. If I hear a lot of players start complaining about the freeze, I usually get the session master within 15 minutes (1 full warzone match). Also, the same friend logging in and out doesn't even matter sometimes, but different friends always start the problem.

It's just boggling me as to which are symptoms of the freezing, the server or the patches. Which symptoms are just coincidence?

Either way, I believe that if what I conclude is right, when you fix the freezes, players will also complain less about lag in general.

It interests me because something similar happened like this with freezing in New Vegas. I was wondering if the patch may have caused a memory leak in either the server or our ps3's.

Then I think we would have seen a lot more crashes reported.  We'll ahve to see what happens when it goes live and is hit by a large group of people.  Sometimes this stuff can be a bit speculative.

DigitalClarity10 wrote:

Offtopic:

Lev,

The ability to create custom games is ranked, but what it's missing is the option of having a custom match as a ranked match.

I'd like to know if the dev team have future plans to include the option of having ranked matches for custom games, or just ave all custom matches as ranked matches.

Also, I am the type of gamer that likes to have the ability to just jump into a public game w.o too much fuss whenever I have a spare moment. Therefore, my friends list is somewhat small atm. I'd like to see the ability to create custom matches and have anyone looking for a game join, just like in Killzone 2.

No plans to change this currently, no.

InFamous-Glitchx wrote:

LevTrin12 wrote:

FxAxF wrote:
Thanks Lev Smiley Happy I can also see a few map fixes in there too. There's a minor discussion starting in the English forum regarding invisible walls on multiplayer maps. Is there any way we can relay these locations to you for you guys to check out?

Sure,

Screenshots (that clearly show the location) would help, so pictures is probably the easiest way for us. Otherwise a clear description of the spot is needed.

We can always look at the spot and see if we can fix it for you.

Lev

Ever see a guy above you below you or simple on the other side of a fence.... you go to shoot him and yet the bullets dont go through theres just a lil wall blocking you? and he trys to shoot and sees the same thing? GG asked to see picture and proof of these to be fixed in future patchs! http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/ShadowedExistenceKz3/Invisible%20Walls%20in%20Kz3/ here is a photo bucket of pictures I am adding to daily on kz3 glitches can other people plz add to this, GG said if they see clear pics of the issue they will try to resolve it heres a example:

Cheers, I have passed those to our QA guys to take a look at

much apretiation guys glad to see you read thesse messages daily and look to resolve your problems head on. you GG are truly a defined company built around the people keep it up!

Please please please can you guys fix matchmaking? I lost track of how many times I'm put in a room with 1 or 2 other guys. Why not have it so if there are less than 6 players you close the room and move the players into another server. It's so annoying going into game after game of 2 people or 4 people when you coud just merge them to make a decent sized room. 

It also seems there is priority given to rooms that have just begun or are about to begin. This leads to being put into rooms with low player counts most of the time. Hell I've had times when I'm alone in a room after trying over and over to get into one.

This mostly happens in Warzone btw.